Quantcast

☆▪︎¤the day after mary pushed him out day...sunday you cunts¤▪︎☆

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Chilling here in SE Wyoming. Ended up getting another 6" of snow last night and now the wind is setting in. Snow is starting to drift now... even the antelope are hunkered down. Not a good sign for the weather to come, IMO.

View attachment 169477

Hey I talk like a fool and enjoy it... why would you give up the Deschutes for the Willamette?
Well, if you are lucky, you'll get some of our warm-air freezing rain in a few days...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
LOL that was yesterday..... before last night........and where the wind blows.

Where we go............thar arR no signs left!
I remember a massive powder day at Kirkwood. Back bowl chair 4 my partner ate shit in bottomless powder. He fucking disappeared into a hole. I skied up, looked down and he was hanging upside down off his skis. I used my ski pole to release his bindings. Once he got sorted he passed his skis up to me then grabbed on to my ski pole and I pulled him up to where he could grab on to my skis and pull himself up. he had to stay seated on my skis to put his skis back on. Good times

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Fire up the snow machine and let's go for groceries !
things that happened today

1: took snowmobile up and down highway that is closed to the public and flipped off cop perched on road because ......some reason I guess

2: took snowmobile to drugstore to buy milk because coffee

3: waved to like 12 other people zooming on snowmobiles around the neighborhood doing the same shit :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

1: took snowmobile up and down highway that is closed to the public and flipped off cop perched on road because ......some reason I guess

3: waved to like 12 other people zooming on snowmobiles around the neighborhood doing the same shit :rofl:
skadoo

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

When I was a wee lad my father used to commute to work on a snowmobile. Had a sled he would drag us kids around on to go to the pizza place.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've never actually seen a plow or the result of such a thing around the I-5 Corridor.
So you're saying if I start driving in my plow now, after the 20+hrs it will take to get there, the 3" of snow will have melted and I won't make 10's of dollars.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
We just discussed the commitment/ logistics of a bonsai run... it's not looking good.
why are you seeking to acquire a small carefully pruned japanese tree

I've never actually seen a plow or the result of such a thing around the I-5 Corridor.
I saw a WSDOT plow truck on I-5! Of course it was on Saturday night when it wasn’t snowing.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Oh, I’m still in Seattle, for those keeping track. Had two flights canceled on me and spent a lovely 5 hours waiting in the terminal. Booked tomorrow morning, exorbitant cost for the last coach seat, 30B no less.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Oh, I’m still in Seattle, for those keeping track. Had two flights canceled on me and spent a lovely 5 hours waiting in the terminal. Booked tomorrow morning, exorbitant cost for the last coach seat, 30B no less.
I used to feed off the free cheese at Beechers, but not since Covid. I have spent a good part of my life at that airport now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Still better than the aisle seat right in front of the shitter.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Do people still put chains on cars?

Mandatory to have chains at least on hand and at times installed for a lot of the mountain highways around here. I think there are a few exceptions such as AWD and *traction* tires.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Hey I'm just poking the bear. Winter is a bitch. We just got socked in here in Wyoming. Was supposed to start traveling tomorrow and now we wait and see...

Tell me you have a Country Coach to fulfill the official snowbird checklist.

Also - I know a guy selling a gold mine in Searchlight NV that you may want. LOL
Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 5.37.49 AM.png

Newp, not south enough.....I want to see 60's at a minimum

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Mandatory to have chains at least on hand and at times installed for a lot of the mountain highways around here. I think there are a few exceptions such as AWD and *traction* tires.
Saw quite a few semi trucks chained up yesterday.

In Colorado we have a multistage chain law. First can be satisfied by four driven wheels or either snowflake or M+S tires iirc.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I don't disagree but it's also like a rough climb on a kick ass ride. By the time the ride's over I forget about how shitty the hard part is.
not quite, once you make it through winter after spending at least $5k on diesel and propane then you have to get evacuated for wildfires for a couple months than have to deal with theft in the middle of nowhere every time you leave for the weekend. Not to mention power outages that last for weeks on end because your pole is literally the end of the line as well as never being able to find a house sitter hearty enough.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Well fuck that noise. I hear great things about Florida.
The thought of having a small 1200 square foot house with a dock and RV pad somewhere in the backwater mangroves really appeals to me, Throwing a streamer to tarpon in shorts during december/January in a small flats boat is my idea of a winter these days. Fighting wildland fires for 29 years and only having time off during winter has worn off, I want summers year round now.

I havent left central oregon, just will build on the golf course so I dont have to plow, get evacuated for fires and live in a gated community away from the theft of remote living.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
The thought of having a small 1200 square foot house with a dock and RV pad somewhere in the backwater mangroves really appeals to me, Throwing a streamer to tarpon in shorts during december/January in a small flats boat is my idea of a winter these days. Fighting wildland fires for 29 years and only having time off during winter has worn off, I want summers year round now.

I havent left central oregon, just will build on the golf course so I dont have to plow, get evacuated for fires and live in a gated community away from the theft of remote living.
Sounds like fun - except for the golf course gated community thing. Be careful, you may have to upgrade some of your toys so the HOA thinks your not a yokel.

We have been toying with buying a small lot near Bandon so we can park and camp during the heat/fire/smoke summer months. It would be nice but all I want is a pad, an awning, and power at this point.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Sounds like fun - except for the golf course gated community thing. Be careful, you may have to upgrade some of your toys so the HOA thinks your not a yokel.

We have been toying with buying a small lot near Bandon so we can park and camp during the heat/fire/smoke summer months. It would be nice but all I want is a pad, an awning, and power at this point.
I have my coach parked at the dunes during the winter right meow so its easy to ride the sticky sand on the motos and have a place to crash for the weekends since the GF is still working. As soon as she retires this year its game on.

Last edited: