Quantcast

☆▪︎¤the day after mary pushed him out day...sunday you cunts¤▪︎☆

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I am not fluent in Spanish and would rather buy property that would actually sell for a profit
Ay caramba! You make relevant points but I can also say that housing/property is still "affordable". That is changing as the wet siders trickle down from the i90 corridor. It's still mostly backwater, thankfully. I give it 10 years before Trader Joe's shows up.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Big climb. 12spd is good. Who knew?

Now to Eagle-ify the big bike, too.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Ay caramba! You make relevant points but I can also say that housing/property is still "affordable". That is changing as the wet siders trickle down from the i90 corridor. It's still mostly backwater, thankfully. I give it 10 years before Trader Joe's shows up.
Spent plenty of time around the country either on fires or with the military and I no longer care for the cold or snow. AZ, gulf coast, FL are my hotspots that I will be looking into over the next year or so to find something to buy/build or develop. Arthritis is a bitch

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Spent plenty of time around the country either on fires or with the military and I no longer care for the cold or snow. AZ, gulf coast, FL are my hotspots that I will be looking into over the next year or so to find something to buy/build or develop. Arthritis is a bitch
Hey I'm just poking the bear. Winter is a bitch. We just got socked in here in Wyoming. Was supposed to start traveling tomorrow and now we wait and see...

Tell me you have a Country Coach to fulfill the official snowbird checklist.

Also - I know a guy selling a gold mine in Searchlight NV that you may want. LOL

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Hey I'm just poking the bear. Winter is a bitch. We just got socked in here in Wyoming. Was supposed to start traveling tomorrow and now we wait and see...

Tell me you have a Country Coach to fulfill the official snowbird checklist.

Also - I know a guy selling a gold mine in Searchlight NV that you may want. LOL
Picked up the Newmar mountain Aire earlier this year.

C2A8D9B9-7E06-4D61-9A8D-691F40564E8A.jpeg

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Got the green light to get tickets for Mexico for spring break. Another Bike/surf trip for me and kiddo…
Mascota/Sayulita

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My boy is on his way, I assume. Mostly to drop Lil Man off. The snow is kinda building up, so it could be interesting. Hope for the best.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
A63771C2-421C-4D4B-98DD-63DBFBDFF4C8.jpeg

Drive to airport was spicy. This coming down from West Seattle. (I was stopped for the photo—nearly no traffic there.)

Then Alaska canceled my flight as I was on the shuttle from rental returns. Booked a seat instead on a Delta flight that’s currently 2 hours delayed but hopefully still getting out of here tonight?

Many mouth breathers with chin masks at SEA airport. All non-Asian, I note. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Going to be a solid 15 degrees colder tonight than I have ever seen in this house. Pretty sure the heat pump is going to fall on its face. Space heater in the basement running to keep the plumbing above freezing.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
View attachment 169480

Drive to airport was spicy. This coming down from West Seattle. (I was stopped for the photo—nearly no traffic there.)

Then Alaska canceled my flight as I was on the shuttle from rental returns. Booked a seat instead on a Delta flight that’s currently 2 hours delayed but hopefully still getting out of here tonight?

Over here the ‘Asian’ demographic were noticeably the fastest and most comprehensively vaxxed group. Also anecdotally note mask adherence seems to be basically 100%. :thumbsup:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
View attachment 169480

That looks about as spicy as mayonnaise

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
That looks about as spicy as mayonnaise
There was a long uphill off-ramp later in the drive with two stalled cars partly on the road. My FWD rental minivan on 32,000 mile old all seasons plus knowledge of momentum got me around that but without much friction to spare.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Skiing to happen tomorrow. Getting ready to become traffic.

Let's see... Winter break, 5" fresh and more expected over night, lifts open at 8:30, Texans will start flying in tomorrow... Guess we're driving up tonight and sleeping in the car. :rofl:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
That stuck bus is right in front of my place, perfectly flat road.

I don't have much of an issue driving in snow but the rest of the people on the road here terrify me. We have equal populations of people who run studded tires into July as those who run summer tires in the snow.
The other even-split here in western oregon is people doing 15 mph and people trying to do 70 mph in the same snowy conditions.

In defense of western washington and oregon drivers, there isn’t much accumulation out here, but there are next to snow clearing services in the metro areas and the suburbs. I am pretty sure that the city I live in doesn’t even own a plow truck!! The weird hard pack ice slush stuff on the roads out here is also sketchy af when the temp drops.

I’ll take that beatiful rocky mtn snow or even lake effect snow over cascade concrete any day!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
all of it

I'm not gonna say I've never seen this much in a week, but I've never seen this much of this kind of poofy light cold blower in a week. 6-7ft in 36hrs in some locales?. No roads open in or out, no ski areas open the day after christmas.......it's kinda nuts.
Utah called. They want their snow back.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The other even-split here in western oregon is people doing 15 mph and people trying to do 70 mph in the same snowy conditions.

In defense of western washington and oregon drivers, there isn’t much accumulation out here, but there are next to snow clearing services in the metro areas and the suburbs. I am pretty sure that the city I live in doesn’t even own a plow truck!! The weird hard pack ice slush stuff on the roads out here is also sketchy af when the temp drops.

I’ll take that beatiful rocky mtn snow or even lake effect snow over cascade concrete any day!

Same here. A good portion of the population heads into the mountains every time it snows, is equipped and experienced for such conditions. The other half have never left the city and have pretty much no experience or prior planning. And to be honest this is a horrible place to learn. I learned to drive in snow by hooning empty parking lots and wide abandoned. We have highways or narrow streets with cars parked along both sides.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
that looks like 2" of snow
It is that most places. Maybe 3”, as she said reputedly. Some areas with more but mostly 2-3 for sure.

But equipment and driver skill are both absent, with the former covering both plow infrastructure and individual vehicle and tire choice.

/me had the second flight canceled after 5 hours at the airport. Now booked on a third attempt tomorrow morning, which is good since I’m supposed to work starting at 2 pm…