Quantcast

24hrs of Dalton: Plans & Smacktalk

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Originally posted by TreeSaw
It's looking that way....we need final confirmation from ghostrider, but we're lookin' more and more like a team! :thumb:
TreeSaw you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 teams consisting of a bunch of friends all camping, race, hanging......etc......with each other. This is going to be great :D

Thanks to this site for bringing most of us together!

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Originally posted by Instigator
TreeSaw you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 teams consisting of a bunch of friends all camping, race, hanging......etc......with each other. This is going to be great :D

Thanks to this site for bringing most of us together!
With "etc" the equivalent of "drinking quality beer".

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
E-mail has been sent. :cool:

Bill, I feel dumb asking this, but who's going to be sleeping in the camper? Were you going to let us crash in it? I only ask because of the space issue. If you were going to let us catch some z's in it, we will not set up as many tents.

I apologize for my vagary.
The Coleman pop up camper is the largest one available without a bump out. It sleeps 9 inside on mattresses thou 3 beds are for people under 5'10". It is heated and dry, sorry no A/C.
I have also opted for the attached "add a room". It is a 12'x10' screen house with zip up clear vinal sides and full bug skirt. Probably could sleep 8 but you would have to provide your own mattress. I have a heater for it as well but if rain water is flowing along the ground it will enter the room.
I will also bring the big tarp. 40'x20 with poles and ropes. At the Bear Brook Roast and Ride it rained all night and no one got wet under the big top.
The hospitality of my camp is open to all. You may bring your own sheets or blankets and sleep in or around the camper if you wish. 2 rules, no shoes inside and no smoking.

bill

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Well I got a response to my e-mail about whether or not a popup camper is considered an RV:

Phil,

Don't worry about it! It will be fine!

See you there,

Kev

So I guess we're good. :)

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
SWEET

How many shall i expect for dinner? I do hope we have some adventurous appetites out there. I would like to do the turkey again but with so much time available i could bbq a brisket. I have located some intriguing vegetarian dishes as well. Just let me know what you don't like so i can narrow the infinite expanse of my culinary imagination.
Pasta is usually popular for loading carbs but can be a water intensive process. If i precook some lasagna noodles i could finish the baking there. A traditional recipe might be too heavy in the belly though. Perhaps I could substitute goat cheese and ground ostrich? Mmmmm!! Ostrich.

bill
monkey wrangler

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Originally posted by justbill
SWEET

How many shall i expect for dinner? I do hope we have some adventurous appetites out there. I would like to do the turkey again but with so much time available i could bbq a brisket. I have located some intriguing vegetarian dishes as well. Just let me know what you don't like so i can narrow the infinite expanse of my culinary imagination.
Pasta is usually popular for loading carbs but can be a water intensive process. If i precook some lasagna noodles i could finish the baking there. A traditional recipe might be too heavy in the belly though. Perhaps I could substitute goat cheese and ground ostrich? Mmmmm!! Ostrich.

bill
monkey wrangler

sounds good, but I also like PB&J sandwiches :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I will eat damn near anything. :)

Bill, shoot me a PM or e-mail me at baboon@ridemonkey.com with your e-mail address so we can keep you in the loop on team discussions. We've got several team rides planned and you are welcome to join us. They are not all out training rides, they are more like get togethers so we can organize ourselves for the race. For now, we are planning April 18 at Soapstone, April 24 at Vietnam, and May 8 location TBD. If you can make it, great. If not, we understand.

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
OK, so here's the deal. I've done a few of these things, so I have some quality advice for '4 Monks and a Bafoon' and 'Jackoff/ArretY' (this advice does not apply to the Ass Balancers, since we don't need advice):

Don't bother training for the race. It won't do any good. In fact, the best thing you can do for yourself to prepare is sit on the couch, eat potato chips, watch freeride videos, and drink beer. I don't give advice to just anybody, so be sure to capitalize on this opportunity.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Originally posted by ghostrider
OK, so here's the deal. I've done a few of these things, so I have some quality advice for '4 Monks and a Bafoon' and 'Jackoff/ArretY' (this advice does not apply to the Ass Balancers, since we don't need advice):

Don't bother training for the race. It won't do any good. In fact, the best thing you can do for yourself to prepare is sit on the couch, eat potato chips, watch freeride videos, and drink beer. I don't give advice to just anybody, so be sure to capitalize on this opportunity.

Awesome, thanks!

I definitely have an advantage being thats what i have been doing all winter.

What about rollers, I hear ECHO has been using rollers all the time at home, I'm not sure why, you would think he would just use a curling iron or just get a perm.
rollers? yeah or nay?

I also was thinking of not sleeping the night before to get use to being awake at really late (and really early) hours, good idea?

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Originally posted by douglas
I also was thinking of not sleeping the night before to get use to being awake at really late (and really early) hours, good idea?
You should try to not sleep from now until after the race, to ensure you have the tolerance required.

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Wow! Haven't checked in for a while. Another whole team is together… and this time -- it's personal.

So between Team Jackalope/Allezy and Team Ass Balancers, we've got:
- brother vs. brother (Echo & Ghostrider)
- teammate vs. teammate (Tweek & Instigator)
- husband vs. wife (Squirrel & Treesaw)

Oh the humanity!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Originally posted by Tweek
Wow! Haven't checked in for a while. Another whole team is together… and this time -- it's personal.

So between Team Jackalope/Allezy and Team Ass Balancers, we've got:
- brother vs. brother (Echo & Ghostrider)
- teammate vs. teammate (Tweek & Instigator)
- husband vs. wife (Squirrel & Treesaw)

Oh the humanity!
:devil: Team Ass Balancer RULES!!!!!! :D