Quantcast

Ad-free Ridemonkey

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Ridemonkey said:
Well I think I am going to allow premium members to change their own titles. However, I'm not sure this is as easy as flipping a switch in vbulletin (to only let certain members edit their own titles). I may have to do a minor customization.
Thats one of my 4.....
how about:

1. more space for picture posting. (double?)
2. more space for PM's (double?)
4. larger avatars (100 x 100 for example)

i assume all this isnt just an easy switch.... but worth asking for.....

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Ridemonkey said:
When you guys say more room for pictures, do you mean attachment space or gallery space?
More room to load bigger pics. Not HUGE, just bigger.

And not having the thumbnail appear would be nice. Like the old days when an uploaded pic would display like a linked pic.

Or something.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
ugh - large avatars are retarded. They increase load on the DB, mangle page layout, and are usually annoying as hell.

Why not make it so premium members get avatars, and no one else does. That would reduce load tremendously on the database, as well as make you feel special.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Transcend said:
ugh - large avatars are retarded. They increase load on the DB, mangle page layout, and are usually annoying as hell.

Why not make it so premium members get avatars, and no one else does. That would reduce load tremendously on the database, as well as make you feel special.
True, and allowing banner pics in signatures like on other sites would make me leave here forever.

(RM, I know that sounds good to you but....)

What about a simple chat room feature for the elite?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
H8R said:
True, and allowing banner pics in signatures like on other sites would make me leave here forever.

(RM, I know that sounds good to you but....)

What about a simple chat room feature for the elite?
I agree 100%. Huge banner sigs, large avatars etc are the things that make me not go to sites.

The larger sites get the more they need to reduce server load. Avatars are the first things to go (and the first things to usually be brought in for special paying members only).

Something awful does this as well.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I hate the idea of larger avatars, but I would really like more attachment space since I typically don't like deleting old attachments; they're usually integral to whatever post they were on (I mean, what good is a, "This is my new <something>" without a picture of the something?).

Anyhow. I zapped off my $20 the minute I saw this post. Very happy to support sites that are this good.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Ridemonkey said:
When you guys say more room for pictures, do you mean attachment space or gallery space?
I mean for myself the quota for my list of stuff ive posted (attachments), not really the individual size of the image, although that would be nice to have... i's x-link from imageshack less....

If i had to choose i'd rather have more PM space than Attachmnet space tho... ... Old posts with photos i guess arent dragged up as much as needing to keep good PM's. Again, for me the current setup is fine, but just having less adds and a private forum wouldnt make we wish to spend more $$.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Transcend said:

Im retarded.... besides, i wasnt meaning real HUGE avatars... just a bit bigger.... currently the limit is 75 x 75, and there have been times that i made an avatar only to not use it because it looked bad that small.....

i think the no avatar for others would cause a huge stink......

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
oly said:
Im retarded.... besides, i wasnt meaning real HUGE avatars... just a bit bigger.... currently the limit is 75 x 75, and there have been times that i made an avatar only to not use it because it looked bad that small.....

i think the no avatar for others would cause a huge stink......
It's an avatar..who cares?

Also for others..let them complain. Pay the money, or deal with what you are given. I mean it's not rocket science. Avatars are actually a fairly large load on the DB in Vbull, and cost bandwidth (lots, surprisingly).

If they want them that bad, they can pay for them and support the site instead of whining they can't have their stupid half naked chicks or flashing annoying pigs.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
splat said:
I'm in :thumb:

I'm Not sure about Letting us Make our own custon titles but I do believe any one who is a Preimum Member at the very least deservs a custon title !
I don't think users shoudl be allowed to make their own custom titles either....BUT i think they should be allowed to use evil points to give other users custom titles.

Premium members, at the very least - get "premium member"

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Aaron...
Any chance of getting it on a "new" URL?
Damn work firewalls!!

I'd pay $50 a year for that.
Although, if you could do it for $20, that would be even better. ;) :thumb:

J

JRB

Ridemonkey said:
I agree, but if people are paying and thats what they want..........
Can you make it where I can correct people's posts instead of just bitching???

*more PM space would kick ass.

J

JRB

johnbryanpeters said:
I think we ought to be able to mess up loco's speeling and grandmar. Hell, let's automate it!

While 1
If user is loco then
randomly replace words
end if
continue

:thumb:
ugh... :dead:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Transcend said:
I don't think users shoudl be allowed to make their own custom titles either....BUT i think they should be allowed to use evil points to give other users custom titles.

Premium members, at the very least - get "premium member"
Transcend that's the best idea so far!!! :thumb:

I think we should bring back the minimum 100 posts for an avatar as well.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
priceseliger14 said:
But if you get WAY to many people buying then its not that special... But this will keep alot of pinkbike members out
This isn't some kind of "club" where everyone in it needs to feel special like your third grade teacher said you should feel.

You're supporting a website you like and read a lot. In return, you get a couple perks, but that's not necessarily why you should be donating. The more people that donate, the better - even if it means that a private forum is going to be over-crowded...

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
OK everyone that has paid (except mods - I need to do a bit more work on that) are now in the premium member group and should not see banner ads. Let me know if anyone is having trouble.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yeah, I lost my ability to access PMs. At all. The little thing is gone underneath the "Welcome, binary visions" that lists your total and unread PMs, and when I try to access my PMs from the Forum Jump menu, it tells me I do not have access to that page.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I updated PM storage to 125
Max avatar dimensions 100x100 (but the 5k file size limit is not changing).
Photo gallery storage doubled to 8 meg.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Lefty said:
Hahahaa what a *****, just use Outpost firewall, it blocks every ad there is. I don't see any ad or banner on this site forever in months. So don't pay, use Agnitums Outpost firewall.www.agnitum.com
Great. Fantastic. So not only are you taking full advantage of this free board, you're also keeping RM from earning ad revenue by having banner impressions. You know that lots of advertisements work based on the number of times they are viewed, not just clicked on, right?

:rolleyes:

Don't be an idiot. There are more reasons to send in the $20 than just not seeing a couple stupid banners here and there.

Can this guy get a custom title of, "Ignorant Leech"?