Quantcast

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Most of the better quality, mass produced hammers are European in origin and are marked in grams.
Do go on, I'm curious to hear which European brands you speak of. I am not familiar with European hammers, just US (Martinez, Stiletto, Estwing, Trusty Cook) and imported stuff from the big box stores.

These primarily general purpose or specialized stuff?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Do go on, I'm curious to hear which European brands you speak of. I am not familiar with European hammers, just US (Martinez, Stiletto, Estwing, Trusty Cook) and imported stuff from the big box stores.

These primarily general purpose or specialized stuff?
Peddiman Hammers are some of my favorites. Although if I were shopping for new hammers then I would probably buy from some smaller shops who make amazing tools for reasonable prices.

1613691633401.jpeg

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Are the pages correctly shown in the diagram?
Most of the posts fit together in a fairly straight forward, time-based, linear fashion. The brisket posts are all pressfit in from the same side of the thread. The hammer posts are inserted from the same side each one is located. The angle grinder posts can just be discarded when they fail.

No lip, spacer.

rokcore

Chimp
Feb 17, 2021
At the end of the day the drawings are wrong and you can be happy with it or not. It's not my first time using tools and I maintain that YT needs bettet customer service. It is surprising the level of commitment you all take to defending these companies so they owe you one

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
At the end of the day the drawings are wrong and you can be happy with it or not. It's not my first time using tools and I maintain that YT needs bettet customer service. It is surprising the level of commitment you all take to defending these companies so they owe you one
You think this is defending? :rofl: This is what we call "Thursday with a new topic".

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This had nothing to do with yt or your mechanical skills. This was a hazing. You survived 24 hours here. You are now an alcoholic. Welcome to ridemonkey.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
And all this time I was about to nominate Electric_City’s post about Craig from Avalanche as the post of the year :bonk:

pizza diavola

Monkey
Dec 3, 2013
Without getting in to polemics and half truths, I am curious, did you find that spacer part #27 in there? If so, what's its purpose?
What's funny with all this is I went through the same exact thing months ago when tearing down my frame. The main difference being I let common sense set in a lot quicker and realized it wasn't put together the way I thought it was based on the diagram. but at the time, I was just as confused and frustrated as to why they did it the way they did. I just didn't destroy tools or start a thread about it. But I get it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
This just needed to be quoted. For... posterity or something.

I'm kinda hungry for bone marrow. :think:
I know an authentic Filipino place next time you're down here in the Springs.

vitalmtb: 1 response
pankbike: 9 responses
emptybeer: 67 responses
le monkey: 273 responses

who says ridemonkey's dead now, bitches?
#makeridemonkeygreatagain.