Quantcast

Churn and Burn 24 - Ashford, CT

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Definately swing by :monkey: central. Look for Splats RM banner!! I think we're all going to end up being camped pretty close to each other.

Except maybe for Treesaw.... :(

Edit: This is post 5000!!! :banana:
On the contrary! We're all camping together according to Steve at Churn & Burn. What are your team names? He's going to try to get me set up close to you all as well!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
On the contrary! We're all camping together according to Steve at Churn & Burn. What are your team names? He's going to try to get me set up close to you all as well!!!
We're "Four Monkeys and a Baboon"!!

...even though that adds up to five and there are really only four riders, but dammit we'll always be 4MAAB! If me and Splat ever do a duo, we'll be 4MAAB.

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Humanities Only Hope - this steve guy is a beast for helping us out like this.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Awesome T!!! I just figured that like most 24-hours, the solo riders would be camping away from teh teams. Glad I was wrong!! :cheers:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
When is everyone arriving in Ashford? Are most of you MA./CT. monkeys arriving the morning of the race? Treesaw, what about you guys? I'm thinking of heading down Fri. afternoon to get our camp set up, etc., but I think I'll be flying solo. Anyone gonna be around to share a beer with? :cheers:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
When is everyone arriving in Ashford? Are most of you MA./CT. monkeys arriving the morning of the race? Treesaw, what about you guys? I'm thinking of heading down Fri. afternoon to get our camp set up, etc., but I think I'll be flying solo. Anyone gonna be around to share a beer with? :cheers:
I am planning on getting there early Saturday morning to get all set up before the race starts. I am sleeping at home Friday night (I'm an hour away). I am taking Friday off so I can hang around the camp with my fellow monkeys and do a practice lap. I think our Doug replacement (Keith) is planning on camping Friday night.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Solo?
What time Friday?

I work that Friday, but if you are interested in carpooling I could see about bugging out early

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'll probably be arriving early Saturday morning too and probably sleeping in my van when I have rest times. I forgot that Bailey had chewed some of the cable that goes through my tent poles, so my tent is not functional for the weekend.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I think we're planning on arriving on Saturday morning. I'll check with Sq-Earl and let you know though because we might be able to do Friday when you get out of work.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey Splat and McG:

Without justbill there this year, obviously we're on our own for food and cooking supplies. Who's got a portable stove and cookware? I don't have any of that stuff. Keith has a large canopy he'll bring. Any other camping/cooking supplies we need to share?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I think Treesaw brought a microwave the last year we were at Dalton, we tried to use it to heat up lasagne, but my wussy generator didn't put out enough juice, so we ate cold lasagne.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
So we (H.O.H.) came up with a few questions at out team meeting last night that maybe you can help us answer...

1.) No liability waiver? As far as I can tell, the registration process did not require anyone to sign any sort of waiver of liability for the race, electronic or otherwise. Doesn't this seem odd? Wouldn't insurances require that this be done? They can't expect all racers to fill something out in person upon arrival can they?

2.) Is the racers meeting @ 10am on Sat. really for ALL racers, or just Capt./Co-Capt.'s? Just trying to make sure our peeps arrive on time...

Thanks in advance...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So we (H.O.H.) came up with a few questions at out team meeting last night that maybe you can help us answer...

1.) No liability waiver? As far as I can tell, the registration process did not require anyone to sign any sort of waiver of liability for the race, electronic or otherwise. Doesn't this seem odd? Wouldn't insurances require that this be done? They can't expect all racers to fill something out in person upon arrival can they?

2.) Is the racers meeting @ 10am on Sat. really for ALL racers, or just Capt./Co-Capt.'s? Just trying to make sure our peeps arrive on time...

Thanks in advance...
I registered our team online and got like a 142 page waiver that I printed out. If you'd like, I can fax you a copy. :D

I would think the meeting is a captain's meeting.