Quantcast

Churn and Burn 24 - Ashford, CT

splat

Nam I am
Pre rode the course today with IAB , MMcG and Ktsmx. ( see ride reports for pics )

and the course is challenging course , while it does nopt have any big climbs , it is a very rolling course. it is also always twisting and turning , you have to always keep alert as to what is going on, rocks , Mud , loose dirt , braches , etc , etc.
I must say that every thing is ridable

here is the map I made from GPS, and the top there is a little spike, hat is by the pavillion , where the exchange point is , and you travel in a clockwide direction.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
we can start checking the weather now!

Early forecast:

Friday: Partly cloudy. 30% chance of rain. High of 73.
Saturday: Partly cloudy. High of 74.
Sunday: Mostly sunny. High of 74.
Overnight lows in the mid-50's.

If the weather is anything like yesterday was, we'll be loving life. :)

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
I am going to email the promoter about both issues, I'll post when I hear back.
Genesis Responded yesterday:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Everyone on your team will sign a waiver when they check-in.

You must check-in as a team. Once everyone signs a waiver you will get your race numbers & baton for the event.

The pre-race meeting is for ALL team members.

See you next weekend!

Regards,

Steve

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Everyone on your team will sign a waiver when they check-in.

You must check-in as a team. Once everyone signs a waiver you will get your race numbers & baton for the event.

The pre-race meeting is for ALL team members.
You guys might want to think about getting there earlier than you planned....

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
You guys might want to think about getting there earlier than you planned....
Rob emailed me this weekend - him and I might carpool down on saturday AM, he was planning on leaving between 6 and 6:30. I think that will give us adequate time, what do you think?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
*Help!!* Anyone have a spare stem I can buy!?!? Between 65mm-90mm, 0*-6* rise? I'm desperate people!!

That's what I get for selling ym primary bike a week before a race huh? :rolleyes:

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
For those of you who pre-rode and checked out the campsite - did you notice firepits at the individual campsites?

Goddy43

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
I did not see fire pits.

I don't know if we get a picnic table. It'd sure be nice if we did! I think most of the campsites have picnic tables.
After I posted that I remembered a picture of the campsite from your ride report - from the photo it looks like there were a few circular cast iron fire pits at the sites, at least I think thats what they are.