Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
States in bidding wars over the same box of limited shit. It's brilliant

Hell I live in a rich one so fuck you kansas.

Actually fuck you Massachusetts for that matter. We got it goin on dog. Shoulda worked harder.

This is seriously insane.
Oh yes. And that's just the stories that are being published.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
From the article:
'He also insisted, however, that he didn't want to send money to states just to have them used the money to bail themselves out of preexisting issues, like a pileup of pension debts.

'You know, we'll certainly insist that anything we'd borrow to send down to the states is not spent on solving problems that they created for themselves over the years with their pension programs,'

I don't disagree with this.
If MA used Covid funds to fix the MTBA clusterfuck I'd likely burn Bakers house down.
It's not a bailout.

A good friendship just evaporated when I contested his plan to use low-interest Covid Economic Injury Disaster Loans to pay off pre-existing debt. That's not what this money is for.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Fair enough. But that just defines conditional money. They're not including any money for states.

States fund unemployment. So states are now emptying their coffers doing that. Only the federal gov't can control currency, including injecting it. But the senate absolutely refuses ANY money to states right now regardless of how it gets used. Them just saying 'well herpaderp, states should be responsible'. Yeah no shit but so should the feds.

See where this points? States can't print money. Federal and state governments each have their roles. One of them is fucking the other over. They're shirking the jobs they were elected to do, and that constitution instructs them to do.

I know bailout is a trigger word for you but we are literally bailing out airlines and international companies that aren't even based in the US. You should be mad about that following your logic since those fuckers haven't even paid into the system.

Your buddy paying off existing debt is just a smaller version of what's going on at a macro scale with multi-million dollar restaurant chains. If your buddy loses his business, his house is probably threatened. That's not the case with CEOs of these companies so honestly, I'm way more cool with him doing it with a few thousand than what some of these companies are doing with millions.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Fair enough. But that just defines conditional money. They're not including any money for states.

States fund unemployment. So states are now emptying their coffers doing that. Only the federal gov't can control currency, including injecting it. But the senate absolutely refuses ANY money to states right now regardless of how it gets used. Them just saying 'well herpaderp, states should be responsible'. Yeah no shit but so should the feds.

See where this points? States can't print money. Federal and state governments each have their roles. One of them is fucking the other over. They're shirking the jobs they were elected to do, and that constitution instructs them to do.

I know bailout is a trigger word for you but we are literally bailing out airlines and international companies that aren't even based in the US. You should be mad about that following your logic since those fuckers haven't even paid into the system.

Your buddy paying off existing debt is just a smaller version of what's going on at a macro scale with multi-million dollar restaurant chains. If your buddy loses his business, his house is probably threatened. That's not the case with CEOs of these companies so honestly, I'm way more cool with him doing it with a few thousand than what some of these companies are doing with millions.
I am in no way justifying or approving how the Fed is operating.
My agreement was at face value only.

The Paycheck Protection Program is directly passing the responsibility of unemployment payments onto small business instead of the states.
They administer funds and bear responsibility for documenting its use in hopes of loan being waived by the Fed on back end.
It serves to both relieve states of UI payments and to mask the true unemployment numbers.

I don't recall supporting corporate bailouts.
As mentioned above, we're all guilty of letting that slide in trade for our bread and circus.
At the end of the day guillotine schematics on the internet, even on RM, aren't a powerful enough act of defiance.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
At the end of the day guillotine schematics on the internet, even on RM, aren't a powerful enough act of defiance.
Shut up and hand me that box of nails.

I'm gettin back to work.

You and I agree on a lot. But you're holding the wrong people to your standard of rugged individualism IMO. And it's not wishing on stars to demand that the federal government do their job. You expect it from the people you hire as do the people that hire you. Right now that job is providing the infrastructure that allows for physical isolation to ensure public health. That needs to take the form of them sending money where they say they're going to. That doesn't make you any more or less of anything any more than the fact that you aren't making your own covid tests, and relying on gov't for that too.

Dude the PPP rollout is an utter fucking failure. Complete lack of oversight is a big reason for that. The state here is augmenting the hell out of it with state funds.

CA also just announced an upcoming release of over about 1.5 million antibody tests that stanford developed. You don't get any because FEMA and the CDC have been neutered from doing their jobs.

You didn't answer my question. Are you capable of going back to work right now? I thought I remembered you mentioning a job you could be completing solo. All done?

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Shut up and hand me that box of nails.

I'm gettin back to work.

You and I agree on a lot. But you're holding the wrong people to your standard of rugged individualism IMO. And it's not wishing on stars to demand that the federal government do their job. You expect it from the people you hire as do the people that hire you. Right now that job is providing the infrastructure that allows for physical isolation to ensure public health. That needs to take the form of them sending money where they say they're going to. That doesn't make you any more or less of anything any more than the fact that you aren't making your own covid tests, and relying on gov't for that too.

Dude the PPP rollout is an utter fucking failure. Complete lack of oversight is a big reason for that. The state here is augmenting the hell out of it with state funds.

CA also just announced an upcoming release of over about 1.5 million antibody tests that stanford developed. You don't get any because FEMA and the CDC have been neutered from doing their jobs.

You didn't answer my question. Are you capable of going back to work right now? I thought I remembered you mentioning a job you could be completing solo. All done?
We’ve been working outside again now that springs coming. Maintaining homes for the wealthy has been deemed essential and we’re fortunate to have a pretty solid schedule, for now at least.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
California. Probably high maintenance. I'll pass, for now.
Nah those third world mail order brides are low maint, they know what's good for them..... As it's the woo just practice the delicate art of "Cook me mates sum eggs"
Just make sure you block citizenship attempts or all bets are off.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
La
Why do people think cooking and sharing food is a good idea right now? I didn't trust your food before all of this happened.
My Sicilian MIL has been rocking it lately.
Pizza every Friday, calzones, homemade bread. We do her shopping, she drops it curbside.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Still at home with the mom and grandmother.
Working from home at a 30-50% pensum, the rest of the time is put in work on the farm.
Eating very good at the moment aswell. :D
But, my allmountain bike is at my girlfriends house and riding is prohibited until at least 4th of May.

Italy will start to reopen in the next few weeks, with the majority of services starting around the 4th of May.
Not sure if that will lead to a second wave though as people tend to think that we are safe now.
Obviously all businesses want to start working again, all representatives are pressing to open up businesses.
Tourism has been literally dead for two months now, which is an enormous problem in the alps.

There are already big investors coming in, buying hotels as they have the pockets to bail them from bankrupcty. Kinda sad really.

I am very sceptical at the moment how the next few months will unfold.
Will there be a big second wave that forces us to a second lockdown? It's very likeley I reckon. Especially in Southern Europe.
How will Europes states manage a possible second wave? The czech try to lock their borders for a year, Hungarys prime minister got away with his enabling act to reign the country alone by unlimited time in order "to fight corona".

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
I am very sceptical at the moment how the next few months will unfold.
Will there be a big second wave that forces us to a second lockdown? It's very likeley I reckon. Especially in Southern Europe.
This is what I'm going to plan for here in the States. Some regions in our country, I suspect, are going to be hit much harder than others in that 2nd wave...