Quantcast

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
And this (the nihilism of youth*) is why we can't have nice things -- like ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶, liberty and the pursuit of ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶i̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ (intoxication):

via:

*To be honest, when I was 18-28 I probably would have responded the same way, and now that I'm officially an old (50) I'm amazed I made it this far.
All that UVC sunlight is gonna sterilize the beach and pump up that vitamin d. The wind keeps the air fresh. It's stupid but not stupid stupid.

Now the plane ride? That's the stupid stupid part.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And this (the nihilism of youth*) is why we can't have nice things -- like ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶, liberty and the pursuit of ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶i̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ (intoxication):

via:

*To be honest, when I was 18-28 I probably would have responded the same way, and now that I'm officially an old (50) I'm amazed I made it this far.
Great now covid19 will merge it's dna with STDs

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Our tenants daughter just flew to Cancun yesterday. (10 YO). I am kinda pissed that they went ahead with their trip (14 people), the opportunities for transmission in such a large, traveling group are enormous. And she will be in the basement 24/7 when (if?) she gets back...but I can’t tell her to go somewhere else, really.

would I be a dick if I asked her to stay with her father for a few weeks?
rat them out to TSA/DHS as Viral Terrorists

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Someone can (and will, I'm sure) check my math, but I believe this puts mortality rate, at least in Italy, slightly above 8%

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Someone can (and will, I'm sure) check my math, but I believe this puts mortality rate, at least in Italy, slightly above 8%
Hospitalization rate is 20%. Once you run out of beds / ventilators, mortality rate starts climbing towards those 20%.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Last edited:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
A strategic stockpile of supplies like masks, gowns, etc would be prudent, this type of pandemic has always been on the horizon, and the CDC has not created a stockpile in preparation for it, they're unprepared because there's no political will to do so. The idea of hospitals running out of $1 masks and potentially wiping out healthcare workers is pathetic, but that's a matter or preparation not response, it's also a problem everywhere, so it's neither specifically a Trump nor an American failing. Firing the pandemic response team was stupid, no argument there, but that's not why we're in the situation we're currently in.

Trump's definitely a moron, I think we can all agree on that, I just disagree that everything is entirely his fault all the time. Some of those departments he's managing poorly, were always a little shitty.

Actually, there is a federal stockpile. A few problems though.

It's not nearly large enough to handle the needs if/when things go even more sideways.

The logistics of getting the stuff out there are totally FUBARed. Especially since many of the various agencies/departments that deal it have been hamstrung...

MAGA!

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Actually, there is a federal stockpile. A few problems though.

It's not nearly large enough to handle the needs if/when things go even more sideways.

The logistics of getting the stuff out there are totally FUBARed. Especially since many of the various agencies/departments that deal it have been hamstrung...

MAGA!
Yeah, but how is your 401k doing?

#thanksObrian

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Italy has a high population density of old people that will skew those numbers. Similar death rate in Washington where it hit nursing homes first.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
New numbers today. It was a brutal day nationally with a rather high transmission rate of 31%. New York State more than doubled the number of cases in a single day., however this is most likely due to test finally becoming more available, today 5,000 tests (in NY) were performed with only 14,000 being performed prior. This will throw the model off but will make it more realistic.

Although a few more people met their maker today in Seattle, as far as I can tell no new cases were confirmed. I don't know if this is a reporting error, lack of testing or just reality. If it is realistic it bodes well for the future as it would indicate social isolation being extremely effective.

Capture4.JPG

With the increased transmission rate today, the 10 forcast shows about 160,000 cases nationally if the transmission system does not change.
Capture5.JPG

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Disturbing thought of the day: How much do you want to bet that the super rich already have a concierge medicine team lined up for them with an anesthesiologist on call, their own ventilator(s), and a 1-4 bed ICU wing on their estate?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Disturbing thought of the day: How much do you want to bet that the super rich already have a concierge medicine team lined up for them with an anesthesiologist on call, their own ventilator(s), and a 1-4 bed ICU wing on their estate?
Ventilators go to the highest bidder. Torches and pitchforks will get them into the 2nd hand market.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
the same the brooklyn nets just happen to get tested....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Of course they do. It's a tale as old as time. You think that $$$ wont be a factor when docs decide who gets a ventilator and who doesn't?