Quantcast

Got arrested last night.

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
If you own property, be it a vehicle or a house, you MUST keep illicit substances out of them at all times(if possible) due to our draconian seizure laws. <snip> It affects you more pleasantly when you don't toke constantly, it's less damaging to your health and it keeps you from becoming a jonesing, amotivational fiend that sits on your couch alone burnt out while life passes you by. In safety and in moderation, it can be a very positive thing but it's just not prudent in many jurisdictions to gamble your future over if you have a reckless, immature or addictive personality.
Good words. Just gotta be smart with the stuff these days...though I still have letdowns in judgement occasionally. Altoids & Clear Eyes can be good friends.

llkoolkeg said:
Instead of buying big sacks and driving around with them like Snoop or storing them at home, why not save the herb for special occasions or evenings when you and your friends can all pitch in and burn it up safely and privately in one sitting?
Mmmmm, group session....all fun & no paranoia involved.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Seriously though.....this isn't exactly out of left field. How many threads were there back in the day with mack complaining of his mom taking his bike away because of some hooliganary...hooliganship...hooliganism...or whatever. And his evil father laying down the law...when he deserved it fully. mack has been "misunderstood" by everyone for quite some time. poor him.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
i cant believe you have over 3600+ posts and still havent figured out you can have all this thread in only 4 pages.
Congratulations on yet another thoughtful injection of red herring to the discussion. If I was interested in changing my view settings, I would have already done so. THE POINT IS it's a surprisingly long thread and I wasn't interested in counting total numbers of responses.

Ironic that I clicked over to Court TV during a commercial break of the Wiz/Cavs game as two kids are getting arrested(and lectured) for possession of about a 1/2 oz of kind, a Glock 26 and an S&W Sigma. They were sitting in a car toking in a parking lot just off a major thoroughfare with loaded semi-autos in their pockets and displayed more than a little indignance at being arrested. :biggrin:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Hahaha...unless you're weighing precious metals, bullets or weight weenie bike parts, you probably don't need a triple beam. My guess is that he had one of those portable "postage" scales with him so's he wouldn't get shorted by his nug-pinching supplier. After realizing ziplocs short you by two grams over a regular unpleated sandwich baggie, he was determined to get his money's worth next time.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I used to use a microgram knife-edge balance for measuring corrosion by products. That was pretty cool. I wouldn't drive around with it in the car though. It cost around $10K and calibrating it was a bitch.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Ever seen the before/after pics of huffers who have been abusing for as short a time as a year? Frightening stuff.
I'd like to see links if ya have 'em. I do work on a drug related magazine aimed at teachers and could use the resource.

I used this as part of a meth article:

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Wow, you guys suck. There are certain situations where it's not cool to pile on or mock someones misfortune, regardless of the popularity (or lack thereof) of the the person in question. Props to the few who can give out good advice. :disgust:
wow you never saw the threads about me getting arrested or nearly dying in car crashes huh?

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
perfectly said.

"man...that cop pulled me over and searched my car just because i have nappy beez-wax filled dreads, grateful dead stickers and a PHISH license plate. friggin profilin' prick!"

....nevermind the clambake that was going on inside the car and the fact that potheads never seem to notice that they smell like a 150lb marijuana plant. :rolleyes: some of you guys just make it too easy.

yup, we're just here to make your life a living hell for having illegal substances, the man is out to get you and you're the victim. :banghead: :banghead: :rant:
There is a fundamental difference in our concepts of law my man. The cop concept is "the legislature passed a bill banning some act and the governor ratified it so I will arrest people who do it." Lets call this the "authoritarian" view of law. This rests on the idea that a "crime" is something banned by the legislators.

In contrast, the "natural law" view (by the way, thats the one our country's founders espoused) rests on the notion that human legal codes are simply imperfect written approximations of a more fundamental and reason-based system of rights and duties that applies to all human beings in all jurisdictions. This code is based on the idea of a "crime" as a willfully malicious act with an identifiable victim. To constitute a crime, none of those parts are optional. You must first intend to do harm and then do it to an actual person.

The reason that many people hate cops is that they signal by the very act of becoming officers of a political system that has deviated its natural law roots that they support the authoritarian view.

You put people in jail for victimless crimes. You have to do it by becoming a cop. Does that make you an evil person? No, I sure you have your good qualities, but it's certainly a big goddamn black mark in my book.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
You see, we're really just out to harrass people. we have no idea what we're doing and absolutely no knowledge of your 4th and 14th ammendment rights against illegal searches and siezures. we spend countless hours in legal training for nothing. yup, we're just here to make your life a living hell for having illegal substances, the man is out to get you and you're the victim. Plus we like to drive really fast with our sirens on for no reason and I am addicted to donuts :banghead: :banghead: :rant:
I knew it! :biggrin:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
In contrast, the "natural law" view (by the way, thats the one our country's founders espoused) .......

.......a political system that has deviated its natural law roots that they support the authoritarian view.

You put people in jail for victimless crimes. You have to do it by becoming a cop. Does that make you an evil person? No, I sure you have your good qualities, but it's certainly a big goddamn black mark in my book.
brush up on your history "my man". a big debate in the early 18th century when our country was being formed was natural law vs. moral law....guess which side won out in the end? The native americans were viewed has having the primitive "natural law" which allowed them to do as they pleased without any formal moral code. the powers that be specifically codified "moral law" in the formative years of the legislative branch for a reason.

i suppose it's fortunate for you that you have not had the chance to see the side of drug use/sales/manufacture that is not victimless. if you can show me a crackhead that won't steal, rob or fight for the money to buy another rock then perhaps i'll give your dellusional theory a little more thought. i may not agree with the way our justice system handles the addicts but i'm also not going to turn a blind eye and just let the supposed "victimless crimes" turn into a relative way of thinking where community is lost to the individualistic view of relative crime.
the system isn't perfect by any means but it's a helluva lot better than constant degredation of respect for the community as a whole through the "natural law" point of view which allows for the individual to decide what it right for them based on a singular viewpoint. it's hard to imagine, i know, but most people still respect and understand the purpose for having certain rules and regulations to protect a selfish society from itself.

don't worry man, i used to hate authority figures too......then i grew up.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Bwahhahaha!

Manimal is not Justin Volpe or the guys who "arrested" Rodney King.

On the other hand, what is a victimless crime? Simple possession? Driving when high? Vandalism?

And of course, what the f*ck have you done for anyone?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
There is a fundamental difference in our concepts of law my man. The cop concept is "the legislature passed a bill banning some act and the governor ratified it so I will arrest people who do it." Lets call this the "authoritarian" view of law. This rests on the idea that a "crime" is something banned by the legislators.

In contrast, the "natural law" view (by the way, thats the one our country's founders espoused) rests on the notion that human legal codes are simply imperfect written approximations of a more fundamental and reason-based system of rights and duties that applies to all human beings in all jurisdictions. This code is based on the idea of a "crime" as a willfully malicious act with an identifiable victim. To constitute a crime, none of those parts are optional. You must first intend to do harm and then do it to an actual person.

The reason that many people hate cops is that they signal by the very act of becoming officers of a political system that has deviated its natural law roots that they support the authoritarian view.

In what world is drug production and distribution victimless? Certainly not this one. Think before you type.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
In what world is drug production and distribution victimless? Certainly not this one. Think before you type.
What about when you grow in your closet, and smoke in your basement?

I'm not set on either side of this issue, but it is going to take some work to convince people that the aformentioned situation harms anyone.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.

I'm not set on either side of this issue, but it is going to take some work to convince people that the aformentioned situation harms anyone.
Smoking=lung cancer, emphysema, throat cancer, etc etc. That costs money, which is paid by insurance companies, which causes our premiums to rise.

Yep. It's an asanine way of seeing it, and it does indeed follow that cigarettes are legal and do the same thing. But hey, that's something else that makes absolutely no sense to me.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC

that's because they think only of themselves...D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC

I'd like to see the results of the worldwide survey you have taken....or are you just talking out of your arse?...D

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
The one where drug possession is legal. I haven't seen the Miller people bomb the Budweiser brewery lately...the Molson delivery man doesn't carry a gun...you get the idea.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
quit the gloom and doom nobody wants to hear it (^ @! # !! @% !% @!) decipher whats in the parentheseis, PM me with the answer and i'll give u a prize. It's perfectly relative to the sentence.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Douchebag
If you don't know what a "usual suspect" is you shouldn't be posting in this thread, and you sure as hell shouldn't be mouthing off.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The one where drug possession is legal. I haven't seen the Miller people bomb the Budweiser brewery lately...the Molson delivery man doesn't carry a gun...you get the idea.
So tax dollars should be responsible for taking care of the Coke, crack and heroin ODs?

Making crack, heroin etc legal means a crack head isn't going to steal to get his next hit?

I'm sure you see my point. it is NEVER a victimless crime.

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
Instead of going on about "illegal search" he could have simply asked "what should I expect to get from a judge?"
He didn't keep going on about the "illegal search," other people responding to the thread did.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Is alcohol a drug by definition?...D
You could pretty easily make the case that it not only is a drug, but is far more damaging to society than most illegal drugs. The number of deaths caused directly make it the third leading cause of death according to a study published in the journal of the American medical association.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
Bingo. They can find probable cause to search the car really easy if you are a douche. The chance of them searching you is pretty low if you are a decent guy.
thats what I thought, but halloween night, I was aked to step out and put my hands on top of the car and then was searched/patted down!

for what? mere suspsion, for any reason at all? no

i just went along with it because i didn't have anything on me, and didn't want to hassle the stupid ass redneck cops (stokes county)

either way you can't rag on him too much, everyone was 17 once and ****ed up, so give him a break. Like everyone said get a lawyer its well worth your money, my friend just got out of 2 dwi's and he's 18, so a lawyer will save your ass

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
So tax dollars should be responsible for taking care of the Coke, crack and heroin ODs?

Making crack, heroin etc legal means a crack head isn't going to steal to get his next hit?

I'm sure you see my point. it is NEVER a victimless crime.
Yes, it should. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper than the current apparatus in place that you pay for to prohibit it.

I don't think you have a point. It's not a crime to do what you want with your body, in my opinion. (Now, does the junkie hurt his family and friends? Certainly. So does the alcoholic.) Of course, if you think it is, I'd like you to stop riding immediately. It's a high risk activity, and I don't want to pay for you when you get hurt...hit the exercise bike instead!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
He didn't keep going on about the "illegal search," other people responding to the thread did.
As far as the search goes, it probably was legal. According to the supreme court it depends on if the police had any indications that drug were involved. If they had a tip, claim he was acting drugged, or had a legitimate concern for their safety(i.e. thought a deadly weapon was involved) the search is legal. The devil is always in the details. And given that he's facing a small fine, making a constitutional case out of it isn't worth it, even if he is right. The bottom line is that he's guilty and knows it.