Quantcast

happy democracy is on the ballot day

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I had an OEM on my Kona Chute it was great for dirt jumping but not fun on the trail. Still remember when I put a Fox 125RLC on it instead of what a change. Then I still went ahead and broke a collarbone as my stupid Tioga tires were crap and I was now smart enough to know.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Happy try-to-hold-on-to-some-vague-semblance-of-democracy-despite-the-absolute-state-of-your-gerrymandered-districts-and-pervasive-anti-democratic-national-discourse day guys! Hope the good guys win! :panic:

In non civilisation threatening news, I had some time this evening to really look at my bent forks with some straight edges and marking out tools. Basically it seems I have rolled the bottom of the lowers to rider’s right. Neither dropout is straight, but the right is rolled around clockwise a fair bit and the left the same but slightly less. Somehow the right is also about 6mm higher up than the left too, although there doesn’t seem to be enough twisting to account for this on it’s own. Zero idea how my axle didn’t snap, seems like the force was projected into the lowers really effectively somehow.

I can now see the arch (viewed from above) is now a flattened, slightly clockwise-rotated S shape with the right side of the arch being the top and left side being the bottom of the S. This S is about 4-5mm ‘tall’ (again from above) across the whole fork width and arch. Annoyingly, when you just look at the fork as a whole just lying on the floor it looks basically fine… unless you know what you’re looking for. I guess the matt black helps a bit here, but the reality is it’s actually pretty much impossible to get the axle in without a wheel rammed into place and really hard even with the wheel and leaning on it particular way, and it does not feel good doing this.

I would have thought that my front wheel would be out of true after that hit, but apparently all hail Wheelworks; I can’t see a buckle with my eye, or on a quick and dirty spin vs/with a ziptie check. I may send it in for a once over anyway since a) I can for free, and b) it obviously took a huge hit, so maybe there is shit I can’t see.

Anyway, enough about me:

Go and vote, you lazy cunts, and have a good day. :blah:

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
We had a lunar eclipse here this evening, here is a mid-eclipse shot from someone with a far (far, far) better setup than mine.

8BC9197F-8B23-4EB7-BE4F-74495ACA375C.jpeg

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
my axle arrived....

View attachment 184401

fork is still squishy....
I have some battered Z1 Drop Offs of a similar vintage on my DJ bike (that I haven’t ridden for probably over a year). Crown is identical I think, and the arch design. Mine have black anno stations though and are QR dropouts. Your paint job appears massively superior too.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Up before the sun to go for a pre-work tromp through the woods.

Painted our front door black yesterday. Huge difference. Prior owners had a salmon door on a flesh (dildo, its dildo color) tone house. :bad:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Up before the sun to go for a pre-work tromp through the woods.

Painted our front door black yesterday. Huge difference. Prior owners had a salmon door on a flesh (dildo, its dildo color) tone house. :bad:
I want to paint our front door yellow. We have like a blue-grey house and I think it would look neat. Nice to hear you live in a flesh cottage though.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
am here. Time change is working to my favor and I got up for a row this morning. Currently like 70 miles from my goal of 2000 miles for the year....might not happen outside but it'll happen.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Pouring rain, Radar shows that 4" has fallen overnight in the Diablo range (I'm at its north end) over to Santa Cruz with a 50 mile wide band of heavy rain just about to hit here. Work is gonna suck, full Gore-tex rain suit and boots and I am still gonna be hating life

Oh well espresso time

current radar
11.8 radar.jpg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
oh yeah, everybody's favorite employee messaged me at 910 yesterday to say he was getting his tire fixed and wouldn't be in until 10...on the busiest day of our experiment when I had asked him multiple times to make sure he was in on time because it was going to be a long and busy day. I'm gonna meet with HR and I guess see about a PIP or whatever- at this point I'm not sure he's helping or taking too much of my time for no return.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
oh yeah, everybody's favorite employee messaged me at 910 yesterday to say he was getting his tire fixed and wouldn't be in until 10...on the busiest day of our experiment when I had asked him multiple times to make sure he was in on time because it was going to be a long and busy day. I'm gonna meet with HR and I guess see about a PIP or whatever- at this point I'm not sure he's helping or taking too much of my time for no return.
Must have missed it. What happened with the 5-0?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WHAT IS UP, DEMONSPAWN! I ran 5 miles on the track early this morning...felt a lot better than I did yesterday. Then I hit up the voting booth on my way to work. It was bustling but I was in and out with no wait. Bonus that the elementary school that is my polling station always has a bake sale on erection day. Got a cupcake and four cookies. :monkey:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
flying into the eye of the storm later today. my son is so excited, he's acting like a total a-hole. hopefully being at the airport will settle him down later.

I feel like I'm leaving at the worst possible moment as we are having a streak of crazy good weather at the moment... the riding will be awesome while I'm gone. But it will be nice to see my family again. it's been so long.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Downfall of mail in voting: no bake sale

I will drop my ballot this morning after my wife copies it. I will drop her ballot off, but she has to fill it out herself.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Wife and I voted by mail last week or maybe even earlier. It got accepted for counting already after hanging out in the local dropbox for a bit. Every state should have universal mail in voting plus numerous local 24 hour drop boxes as does Colorado.

DFC3DD4D-A05E-4B63-9D4A-6CFEEB9B88F5.jpeg

in other news Baby Aya has pinkeye and now I have a sore throat. Hmph. Going to WFH to tend to her.

edit: Aya woke up with a normal looking eye. Perhaps not WFH after all if she’s off to preschool.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

I voted two days ago. Vote early, vote often!

Pouring rain, Radar shows that 4" has fallen overnight in the Diablo range (I'm at its north end) over to Santa Cruz with a 50 mile wide band of heavy rain just about to hit here. Work is gonna suck, full Gore-tex rain suit and boots and I am still gonna be hating life

Oh well espresso time

current radar
View attachment 184410
Soon™

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dropped the ballots last night.

On-site for a wellness fair today at one of my favorite client's. It's only 2hrs, but last time I was there for almost 4hrs. Should be fun.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Every state should have universal mail in voting
This is on the Connecticut ballot today and I voted in favor. Really no reason not to. Republicans are telling people to vote NO until the state can define what exactly constitutes "early voting." And I'm like what the fuck are they even talking about???

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I used to think that the ballot measures and questions were more important to vote on than candidates. But actually these days, voting on everything on the ballot is super important even if it feels meaningless and futile. Our ballots were submitted a couple days ago. I hope the not-quite-as-bad-as-the-other-really-shitty people win.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'll go do some more voting at lunchtime. Had to wait for Fedex to deliver a new fresh batch from the Venezuelan-Chinese printers.

Looks like the last two days of mild weather before the cold stuff turns up. Hopefully some riding of bikes after work.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
That guy's still around? WTH? Guessing you're tied to a massive HR machine of some kind...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Every state should have universal mail in voting plus numerous local 24 hour drop boxes as does Colorado.
Should also be universal voter registration and definitely none of the bullshit like Florida where you get locked up after they've told you you're eligible to vote.

Not that I'd necessarily advocate for it, but is it Australia where you're required to vote?

edit: yep