Quantcast

happy democracy is on the ballot day

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Az looks good until you see the remaining votes prediction. Literally still in a place where the Senate could easily go either way.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Bored now. Likely outcomes seem to be stalemate or Republican win. Both shit for humanity and the world. Stock markets are up. :butcher:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Looking slightly hopeful that Boebert may be on the way out. NYT been calling for her to win all night but we’re at 88% now and she is still down. Hoping against hope. On the flips side nearly all of ‘still to come’ is heavily slanted to her. Let’s see.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Looks like Tina might pull out the win for Gov. I'll be the first to admit I'm not a fan, but talk about the best of a bad situation, damn.

Unfortunately my county has moved to being more red than anything else. But the overall picture isn't awful.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
The modern long low slack is hella comfy and so much more capable. Also it seems we’ve finally figured out how to make bikes that have long travel and pedal well, even up hill. To me now, it’s almost why would you not choose at least a solid trail bike or even a light enduro if it’s your only bike. I feel like XC and downcountry bikes are just unnecessarily limiting now when those longer travels are so damn good. Something something have it but not need it, than something something.
This is almost exactly the discussion Sq-Earl and I were having. Now I just need to find a good one!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Some of the pink is more red, I think.
What always striked me as odd when living in OR was, that the wealthier folks voted Dem and the poorer Rep. Considering the agenda that the Rep party is pushing, you have to assume that a lot of folks enjoy suffering and don't want any kind of help in their situation. :wacko:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What always striked me as odd when living in OR was, that the wealthier folks voted Dem and the poorer Rep. Considering the agenda that the Rep party is pushing, you have to assume that a lot of folks enjoy suffering and don't want any kind of help in their situation. :wacko:
For me it was a little eye opening when I lived in Medford for a year. Ballot measure needed to raise taxes to support the jail. Sheriff said "if this doesn't pass, we will be shutting the jail and letting folks go free.

Nobody wanted taxes, so it failed. Josephine county still hasn't recovered 12 years later and folks are still pissed about not getting police response unless dying.

They told you "fuck around, find out " and that's what happened. And yet folks are still surprised. :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
because perverted jeebus effects

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Heh. I took my kid to the pharmacy to get his flu shot yesterday and all 4 people that came to the counter while we were waiting were lamenting to the pharmacy staff how much their drugs cost *with* Px insurance. One lady was dressed in full camo and she left *without* her prescription due to the cost.

I wanted to ask her who she voted for, 'cause I suspect it was for a certain party that has absolutely no interest in addressing this sort of issue. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Heh. I took my kid to the pharmacy to get his flu shot yesterday and all 4 people that came to the counter while we were waiting were lamenting to the pharmacy staff how much their drugs cost *with* Px insurance. One lady was dressed in full camo and she left *without* her prescription due to the cost.

I wanted to ask her who she voted for, 'cause I suspect it was for a certain party that has absolutely no interest in addressing this sort of issue. :D
should've said "would've been cheaper with obamacare"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

also reminded me of a meme

1668186118908.png