Quantcast

happy democracy is on the ballot day

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
my printer ran out of ink

was able to scan and copy about 120 ballots but I'm shooting for 500. Was up late last night double checking obituaries to make sure all the names I'm using are safe.......so much more work to do today. My soros card expires tonight so gotta make sure I get all my purchases done soon.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I've got a pre-tax 401K that includes a company match and additional pension contribution. There isn't much I can do with it short of stopping the contributions and giving up the free company matches. Not that I would know what to do with it if I went that route, but that is why financial advisors exist.
A while ago I shifted my contributions to only be enough to get the full company match. I’m not feeling too bad about my laziness and leaving the rest in cash, based on how things have been trending lately.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
My glorious GI tract never seems to need any more help getting things out. No feet propping needed.
Think of all the times everything didn't get pushed the final bit. Your packing around a little lingering poo. It's not that you need help but more, are you leaving cards on the table by not optimizing the experience.

While filling out my ballot I noticed about half the local elected positions are running unopposed. Somehow this relates to squatty potty.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Think of all the times everything didn't get pushed the final bit. Your packing around a little lingering poo. It's not that you need help but more, are you leaving cards on the table by not optimizing the experience.

While filling out my ballot I noticed about half the local elected positions are running unopposed. Somehow this relates to squatty potty.
28894DF4-E875-400C-9FAB-3124C9B27448.gif

nope I’m usually cleaned out.

but also could be referenced to the shit show known as our political electorate.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
I've got my ballot ready to be dropped off.

Speaking of dropping things off - does anyone else here use a pooping stool (squatty potty)? I have a hunk of driftwood I found decades ago that I use to prop my feet up while dropping dueces. Its been a fantastic piece of kit.

A real game changer if you ask me!
I've considered the squatty potty thing, but like @sunringlerider , I don't usually need any help in that department. Perhaps the opposite...

We spent an hour in Google street view with my kiddo last night. She wanted to look at beaches in Australia. Pretty fun and I am ready for some southern hemisphere action now that its snowing outside.
Australia is definitely a bucket list place to visit for me.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My 401K has lost 20% of its value this year. WHAT THE FUCK, STONEY?
(R) blasted the economy with free money that went into investments (because it sure as hell didn't go to lower income people who were spending it). We're now dealing with the repercussions of a boosted market coming back to reality.

Back up the truck. Everything is on sale. You're 10yrs+ out and you're not going to cash it all out at retirement. If you've maxed your 401(k), max your IRA. If you make too much, open an after-tax investment account and stat putting money there. A simple S&P500 fund covers your bases.

DON'T CUT BACK! EVERYTHING IS ON SALE!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I always preferred to manage my own personally since nobody will spend as much time and energy on it as you will.
You know who lose the most money? Those who manage on their own.

You and I have talked about this. You have an extensive financial background and education. Most people don't have that, but do have a lot of confidence in themselves. That's not a good combination.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You know who lose the most money? Those who manage on their own.

You and I have talked about this. You have an extensive financial background and education. Most people don't have that, but do have a lot of confidence in themselves. That's not a good combination.
I'm in full agreeance with the professional. Suggesting that the average Joe should "dO ThEiR OwN ReSeArCh" and manage their own retirement finances is a recipe for disaster in most cases.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Once again I begrudgingly voted, and don't think I voted for a single candidate, just against others. Whatever the outcome is, I'm sure it'll be stupid, controversial and not a single thing will be accomplished. Yay.

DON'T CUT BACK! EVERYTHING IS ON SALE!
^This, I put many dollars in the market just before all hell broke loose in 2020, it was pretty ugly for a while, but even those dollars are still more numerous than they started. The number of dollars I've put in over the last couple months has been rather giant, I normally like to have a bit more cash on hand than is generally recommended, but shit is so cheap right now I can't not take advantage.

I also have a play money account that I manage, and yeah I've done some really stupid things, like buying Boeing right before the Max crisis, so while overall I've done really well, I'm fairly certain I shouldn't count on myself.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So I have confirmation and tracking for helmets and skate tools, but the boards haven't shipped yet. I'm not concerned just yet, but I hope they ship soon. I still have another 30 (6 per box) to order, but might try a different supplier maybe? I've totally never done this before.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Driving with an Acetylene tank in the back of my car is not my idea of how to spend an afternoon. Especially since no one pays any attention to the road. Bunch of mobile crotch watchers. Glad that task is done. Whew.

Nao to walk off into the sunset.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I require actual bike related advice...though not sure any of you have ridden both to compare.

I have a small 575. I want a new FS bike. Earl just got a Yeti SB130 (upgraded his medium 575) and it's on my radar but I am currently looking at a small SB115. Thoughts? Unfortunately I won't get to ride before I buy so I am hoping someone has experience on both and might lend me some advice.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And this is why I will probably never get to visit Australia. Wife is not interested for the reasons above.
If you see a flying fox in person, it's pretty sketchy. When folks talked about bats in Australia, I pictured something that fit in my hand, not something about 60# the size of my Pitty hanging around. :rofl: