Quantcast

happy democracy is on the ballot day

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I require actual bike related advice...though not sure any of you have ridden both to compare.

I have a small 575. I want a new FS bike. Earl just got a Yeti SB130 (upgraded his medium 575) and it's on my radar but I am currently looking at a small SB115. Thoughts? Unfortunately I won't get to ride before I buy so I am hoping someone has experience on both and might lend me some advice.
Ask IAB.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
I require actual bike related advice...though not sure any of you have ridden both to compare.

I have a small 575. I want a new FS bike. Earl just got a Yeti SB130 (upgraded his medium 575) and it's on my radar but I am currently looking at a small SB115. Thoughts? Unfortunately I won't get to ride before I buy so I am hoping someone has experience on both and might lend me some advice.
While I have no time on a 115 I have studied it geo. It was in my short list for my new xc bike. I have a spreadsheet comparing most modern 110-120mm xc bikes. Really depends what you are wanting to achieve with your upgrade.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
same idea with compressed gasses

View attachment 184443
My friend used to have a similar philosophy when we'd just passed our tests in his old, old land rover.
And this is why I will probably never get to visit Australia. Wife is not interested for the reasons above.
Has she met Murica? I'd say a greater chance of something(one) killing you here randomly for freedum than the wildlife in Oz.

Think of the 115 as the more XCish and the 130 as trail bikeish and then ask yourself are you riding all the same trails together with hubby on his bike and would the extra travel be beneficial to you.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
My friend used to have a similar philosophy when we'd just passed our tests in his old, old land rover.

Has she met Murica? I'd say a greater chance of something(one) killing you here randomly for freedum than the wildlife in Oz.

Think of the 115 as the more XCish and the 130 as trail bikeish and then ask yourself are you riding all the same trails together with hubby on his bike and would the extra travel be beneficial to you.
for such application, if not racing, the extra travel is ALWAYS beneficial.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

I've been following him around on my HardTail lately lol. I don't hit the bigger drops anymore so I am thinking I won't need the 130 (it's also a bit longer and more slack so I'm not sure if I'd love that or not either). I just need to ride both and no one seems to have them in my size anywhere around me :(

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Dammit. Had to run to Walmart to grab some printer paper today and that damn Mariah Carey Christmas song came on.

It’s the beginning of November, like 75 degrees and I was wearing shorts and a T shirt.

Stop that shit.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dammit. Had to run to Walmart to grab some printer paper today and that damn Mariah Carey Christmas song came on.

It’s the beginning of November, like 75 degrees and I was wearing shorts and a T shirt.

Stop that shit.
A newly built massive mcmansion at the end of our road put up outside decorations last weekend. I'm contemplating burning it down.
I've been following him around on my HardTail lately lol. I don't hit the bigger drops anymore so I am thinking I won't need the 130 (it's also a bit longer and more slack so I'm not sure if I'd love that or not either). I just need to ride both and no one seems to have them in my size anywhere around me :(
But it's not just about drops. It's do you do long rocky downhills that would benefit from the cush?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
The modern long low slack is hella comfy and so much more capable. Also it seems we’ve finally figured out how to make bikes that have long travel and pedal well, even up hill. To me now, it’s almost why would you not choose at least a solid trail bike or even a light enduro if it’s your only bike. I feel like XC and downcountry bikes are just unnecessarily limiting now when those longer travels are so damn good. Something something have it but not need it, than something something.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

Stop that shit.
november 1. lowes. shit was on full display.

in other news, if nothing else good happens at least boebert lost.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
november 1. lowes. shit was on full display.
Lowes around here pushed the Halloween stuff into a corner and rolled out Jesus Day shit mid October. So much to-do over such a stupid holiday.

Somehow a chick lying to her husband about banging her side piece and eventually giving birth to the bastard at a petting zoo resulted in me being forced to hear Mariah Carey and spend time with family, it’s bullshit