Quantcast

***Hey, look! It's a Monday GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning constitutional arrived early, without any coffee based assistance.

Local wood fired pizza place is closed, apparently becoming an Indian place? Was a bummer, but that led to the discovery of another wood fired pizza place that I'd argue is better. Even better, they have wood fired wings which are AMAZING. Definitely among the best wings I've ever had.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Good afternoon monkies. I hope everyone is safe out there, especially the Nevada monkeys. :(
when is exactly the best time of year for fall colors in italy?

thinking of getting out of the states next vacation and slumming it in a car in the mountains of italy for two weeks sounds like fun.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. I'm heading off to teach 3rd grade today. This subbing thing isn't too bad. I am getting a fair amount of assignments at my local two school (less than 10 minutes away). I did apply at our local college for an open position (not teaching but student success coordinator--helping freshman adjust and getting services for kids who need them as well as holding kids accountable for raising their failing GPAs) and a program coordinator or special needs children. Not teaching but both are positions that I know I can succeed at and find interesting. We shall see...I would still be able to sub in the school I want to get a job in (teacher is retiring in 2 years and has already spoken highly of me to administration) so we shall see.

Coffee in hand and ready for my day.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ahh slept like a brick last night. Legs are fried from back to back road ride hammer fests, off night tonight. Three day work week for me. Going to head down to LA on Thursday to celebrate my dads 95th birthday with about 25 of my relatives.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A dusting of snow on the ground at our house, but it's being measured in feet further west.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

The weekend went from a search-and-rescue to a recovery effort....I spent Sunday pulling everything out of the garage in order to find the dead red toad that hopped in there on Thursday evening and never hopped out. Left the door slightly open in hopes he (or she - I dunno) could migrate out, but no luck....expired toad.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I ran 1:32:47 in my half marathon the other day. "Go fast, take chances" worked for about 9 miles, then I suffered the last 4 miles. Still a good race but I definitely cost myself some time by going out so hard from the start. That was a tough course. 7 miles downhill followed by 6 miles uphill. I finished 19 out 362 overall.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Few hours of work and then headed to the Detroit area with the boss and his boss for a conference.

Hopefully there is nothing fancy planned, as I only packed jeans.

Don't know why I even signed up for this.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Knocked a few things off the very lengthy to-do list this past weekend. So that's good I guess.

Our "employee resource management system", aka timekeeping so they can figure out what you do here, went live today. Purely to see how our resources are being spent of course, not to berate anyone for the time they spend on X or Y task.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Mornin!

Knocked a few things off the very lengthy to-do list this past weekend. So that's good I guess.

Our "employee resource management system", aka timekeeping so they can figure out what you do here, went live today. Purely to see how our resources are being spent of course, not to berate anyone for the time they spend on X or Y task.
Pro-tip: just don't use it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Present.

When is the first day of pumpkin spice season?
good question. related: when does it transition to maple-bacon season? are they allowed to overlap? and can anyone participating in said seasons' offerings be kicked sharply in the shin at my discretion? INQUIRING MINDS and all . . .

the better thing is that stouts and porters are now starting to trickle onto shelves and tap lists.

didn't go to bed super late, but can't. wake. up. c'mon, coffee, do your thing!!!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Tons of showings of the house over the weekend, but still only the single offering. I think we're going to have to drop the price a bit. Sucks, because we're still below the neighborhood average, so we're going to be getting the shaft here. Tempted to just rent it out instead, depending on what we can make the loans look like.

Haley is getting better at climbing still. She's stuck on a bouldering route that she needs to swing on, just shy of going for a full dyno - full jump, she'll only on hand on the wall (a V0 for the climbers when 5 can be serious). I think the climbing wall we'll be building in the basement is going to have a couple of different pitches, getting progressively more overhung, because she's getting to that point already and I want it too.

Waiting to see how the conservative side of the country wrap their collective heads around Las Vegas, now that it's their people who were large scale wiped out by a shooter.

@6thElement How's your leg? I saw Shauna's post yesterday.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
@6thElement How's your leg? I saw Shauna's post yesterday.
Thankfully the punctures and scrapes look clean, no sign of any nastiness going on.

Super impressed with the response I got from the Sheriff's department and Park Rangers. Dog was up-to-date on rabies jab but is now quarantined for 10 days.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Just got word all my Vegas homies are safe. Laura too.
But still have friends of friends in ICU.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I am still not well, but Lil Man is at the house and the wifey is off today. No way in hell was I going to be in that house another day after being in bed Thur/Fri/Sat. I did get some stuff done yesterday just to get outside. Meh Monday is in effect.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
C'mon, man...you're better than that. Those are human beings.
I don't mean it that way. This shit has to stop. There are only a few ways to stop this shit and it involves stopping the sale of high capacity round magazines, stricter laws around who can purchase firearms (mental issues), etc.

The same people who are the most vocal about refusing to make those changes are the ones who are now on the receiving end of this violence. It's the first time it's really happened that way. Historically it's been Connecticut, a gay club, colleges, schools, but nothing that is a direct assault on the "conservative lifestyle". This is.

Realistically this conversation needs to be over in PAWN, but that's what I'm getting at. The people who are most vocal about 'you can't take my guns' and 'I'll shoot them down before it happens' were just the victims of the largest mass shooting in US history. There is (hopefully) going to be a massive mental tear there that will allow the necessary laws to get this shit to stop, passed.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Haley is getting better at climbing still. She's stuck on a bouldering route that she needs to swing on, just shy of going for a full dyno - full jump, she'll only on hand on the wall (a V0 for the climbers when 5 can be serious). I think the climbing wall we'll be building in the basement is going to have a couple of different pitches, getting progressively more overhung, because she's getting to that point already and I want it too.
what range does your gym set problems up to?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mornin!

At my last job we had such a system, but it was not only to track but to plan. Would get assigned 8 hours to do a 24 hour job, you either had to go and beg for more time, during which you would get berated or just do it on your own time. Occasionally you would get 20 hours to do an 8 hour job, then get berated if you used the 20 hours. There were weeks when I would put in 60 hours worth of work, but would only get scheduled for 32 hours and would have to use a sick day so I would get paid. Can you guess why I am no longer there?

Company actually still owes me money for overtime I worked in Japan.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't mean it that way. This shit has to stop. There are only a few ways to stop this shit and it involves stopping the sale of high capacity round magazines, stricter laws around who can purchase firearms (mental issues), etc.

The same people who are the most vocal about refusing to make those changes are the ones who are now on the receiving end of this violence. It's the first time it's really happened that way. Historically it's been Connecticut, a gay club, colleges, schools, but nothing that is a direct assault on the "conservative lifestyle". This is.

Realistically this conversation needs to be over in PAWN, but that's what I'm getting at. The people who are most vocal about 'you can't take my guns' and 'I'll shoot them down before it happens' were just the victims of the largest mass shooting in US history. There is (hopefully) going to be a massive mental tear there that will allow the necessary laws to get this shit to stop, passed.
because the teatards don't have the cognitive power to understand issues that aren't just black and white. that, and the fact that they put not being inconvenienced during a recreational hobby over the lives of others.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
They didn't give a shit about 20, 6-7 year old kids. What on earth makes you think this will be any different?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I had to get up and be somewhere at 8:30. Of course I was late. I missed coffee. No waffles. Now I have to be somewhere else. Fuck this noise... I could answer the phone and be a asshole to whom ever it is calling me. Or I could preemptive fail by not answering it. Can't wake and bake without weed. Fuckity Fuck....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I had to get up and be somewhere at 8:30. Of course I was late. I missed coffee. No waffles. Now I have to be somewhere else. Fuck this noise... I could answer the phone and be a asshole to whom ever it is calling me. Or I could preemptive fail by not answering it. Can't wake and bake without weed. Fuckity Fuck....
pro tip: when i don't wanna answer a phone call i just unplug the cord. for the land line at least.