Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Link - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4953015/

Islamic Web site claims revenge killing

Video shows beheading of man identified as American
The Associated Press
Updated: 1:03 p.m. ET May 11, 2004

CAIRO, Egypt - A video posted Tuesday on an Islamic militant Web site showed a group thought to be affiliated with al-Qaida beheading a man who said he was an American.

The executioners said the man was killed in revenge for the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by American soldiers.

The video showed five men wearing headscarves and black ski masks, standing over a bound man in an orange jumpsuit who identified himself as an American from Philadelphia.

After reading a statement, the men were seen pulling the man to his side and cutting off his head with a large knife. They then held the head out before the camera.

An Islamic militant Web site is showing a video of the beheading of a man identified as an American.

The Web site says it was done in revenge for the abuse of Iraqi prisoners.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Well, lets debate this.

I say he was not beheaded.
I was just curious about people reaction... your response is interesting.

I was hoping to get some deeper feelings about the war and the recent scandal now that the repercussions are starting.

I was hoping by leaving it open people would start with honest comments (instead of me directing the path of the discussion)…but I guess being funny is better.

Anyone else have some good jokes?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Originally posted by Slugman
I was just curious about people reaction... your response is interesting.

I was hoping to get some deeper feelings about the war and the recent scandal now that the repercussions are starting.

I was hoping by leaving it open people would start with honest comments (instead of me directing the path of the discussion)…but I guess being funny is better.

Anyone else have some good jokes?
I disagree.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

Hate to confuse you liberal brain with a couple of quickie facts, but, you do remember Daniel Pearl (reporter from the Wall Street Journal) who was beheaded on video back in 2002?

You do remember a day now known as 9/11 where these same people cut the throats of flight attendents in order to take over not one, not two, not three, four fully loaded passenger jets and slam two of them into the WTC, one into the Pentagon and one into a PA field? Total number of US dead around 3,000.

How did some nakkied pix taken in late 2003 cause that?

Please get a grip of yourself and realize that your blind hatered of all things Geo. W. Bush is making you totally irrational.

sshappy

Chimp
Apr 20, 2004
Middle of Nowhere
Originally posted by N8
Hate to confuse you liberal brain with a couple of quickie facts, but...

Please get a grip of yourself and realize that your blind hatered of all things Geo. W. Bush is making you totally irrational.
Is everything about liberals and republicans?

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by N8

At what point did he indicate what party he was for or against? I found his post informational, interesting, and his commentary far from irrational.

Statements like this invalidate many of your arguments because too many of us simply skim over what you have to say and fill it in with "blah blah blah"

Be nice, and maybe you'll get a good debate/conversation going.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by sshappy
Is everything about liberals and republicans?
In this case yes it is.

Take a miltary criminal matter, spin it thru the anti-Bush press until it dominates the news. Add in Dim congressmen calling for top admin officials to resign etc... Stick some of the pix on Sen. Kerry's fund raising webpage... etc..

Al Queda knows how to use the US press to further drive a wedge between the US popular opinion and the president of the US and our military mission to eliminate terrorism.

This is totally a political issue at this point.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
At what point did he indicate what party he was for or against? I found his post informational, interesting, and his commentary far from irrational.

Statements like this invalidate many of your arguments because too many of us simply skim over what you have to say and fill it in with "blah blah blah"

Be nice, and maybe you'll get a good debate/conversation going.
I am basing this on his posts in various places of this fourm. Take this for example:

When you illegally block thousands of voters who you suspect would have voted for Gore (therefore giving Florida to Gore), yeah - it's called stealing.

The UN even published a report about how the election wasn't fair...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Originally posted by N8
Take a miltary criminal matter, spin it thru the anti-Bush press until it dominates the news.

It's also a DOD issue b/c not all of the abuse was by military personal. Pentagon hired contractors are involved... they report to who?

Originally posted by N8
Add in Dim congressmen calling for top admin officials to resign etc... Stick some of the pix on Sen. Kerry's fund raising webpage... etc..
Actually there are a bunch of Republicans asking for Rummy's head too.
And Bush is the master at using pictures (post 9/11 on Airforce 1, the whole aircraft carrier thing...). Don't act like one side is worse than the other when it comes to propaganda, but admit that both sides use it!

Originally posted by N8
Al Queda knows how to use the US press to further drive a wedge between the US popular opinion and the president of the US and our military mission to eliminate terrorism.
Actually Bush is doing a fine job of creating a wedge w/out Al Queda's help. And the link between Al Queda and Iraq (pre-invasion) was never confirmed, even the white house now admits to that one.

Originally posted by N8
Only b/c you took it there.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Hey N8, I haven't been listening to Rush, but I usually can tell what he's been talking about by reading your posts.

How is he blaming these pictures on the Clintons? I'd be interested to hear his angle...:p

sshappy

Chimp
Apr 20, 2004
Middle of Nowhere
Originally posted by N8
Except perhaps for the dead man and his family and all the other coalition contractors and servicemen in Iraq.

Not everything is a political issue and not every political issue is a case of democrats v's republicans.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
The world is not black and white... just b/c I comment on abuse and how I think those who are responsible should be held accountable, it doesn't mean I have said that everyone acted improperly.

I'm sure there are a bunch of false reports - in fact in Bagdad they had news conference with "victims" there to discuss their treatment. The red cross made one of them take off his arm bandage - and it showed that he was never hurt!

You are so far out there that anyone that even SLIGHTLY disagrees with you or brings up a point counter to you is the enemy...

That type of attitude reminds me of a group... Hmmm, 'al' something.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN

You are so far out there that anyone that even SLIGHTLY disagrees with you or brings up a point counter to you is the enemy...
N8 and I disagree on some points, I dont think he considers me an enemy, just reasonable. The same could be said about JrB and Lord Opie as well, I beleive, though they're democrats.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
N8 and I disagree on some points, I dont think he considers me an enemy, just reasonable. The same could be said about JrB and Lord Opie as well, I beleive, though they're democrats.
Ahem...before you go stating my partisanship incorrectly on any public forum...lol...I am neither repulican or democrat so please don't state me as such.

:) :p Although, as I understand it, to many "true partisans" such as yourself that is cause for even further disgust ;).

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by Silver
Hey N8, I haven't been listening to Rush, but I usually can tell what he's been talking about by reading your posts.

How is he blaming these pictures on the Clintons? I'd be interested to hear his angle...:p
Do you want to go for a ride at a certian Wash DC park...???

:devil:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

Burly is fine by me... even if he does think John McCain would make a good president.

My job is to counter the huge amount of blind intolerant anti-Bush hatred in RM land. A mission, I might add, that I totally enjoy.

:)

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by N8
Burly is fine by me... even if he does think John McCain would make a good president.

My job is to counter the huge amount of blind intolerant anti-Bush hatred in RM land. A mission, I might add, that I totally enjoy.

:)
Might want to work on your guerilla tactics...because so far I don't think your changing any minds...you're just enjoying reading aloud what you wrote...

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Might want to work on your guerilla tactics...because so far I don't think your changing any minds...you're just enjoying reading aloud what you wrote...
I'm not here to change anyone's mind, nor to make friends, I'm here to counter the anti-XXXX with an equal amount of pro-XXXX and in the same manner as my opponents.

If I wanted to be loved then I'd blame everything that's bad that I could on George Bush like numerous others do.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ahem...before you go stating my partisanship incorrectly on any public forum...lol...I am neither repulican or democrat so please don't state me as such.

:) :p Although, as I understand it, to many "true partisans" such as yourself that is cause for even further disgust ;).
Just from the stuff you post and your take on issues, it's very easy to call you a democrat, antinonunirregardless of what you call yourself. Im no "true partisan" as could easily be seen by my constant bashing of partisan bickering in any form. Im just conservative.

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
F^ckers were wearing ski masks. Another reason to hate those goddamn two plankers.

DISCLAIMER: The above is a smart azz comment not meant to infuriate the masses, cause partisan distress, weight loss or be a reflection on the electoral college in particular and the U.S. Constitution as a whole.

That’s a horrible crime, totally disgusting and disheartening. I hope the sick creeps are caught.

Originally posted by Spud
F^ckers were wearing ski masks. Another reason to hate those goddamn two plankers.

DISCLAIMER: The above is a smart azz comment not meant to infuriate the masses, cause partisan distress, weight loss or be a reflection on the electoral college in particular and the U.S. Constitution as a whole.

That’s a horrible crime, totally disgusting and disheartening. I hope the sick creeps are caught.
people who wear masks are p*ssies, like the Klan. if you are going to kill some one tv at least have the dignity to show your face. I hate when people like that try to reinforce their ego. How is that different from the nazis excecuting civilian while claiming to be the knights of the third reich?

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Originally posted by nicklin
people who wear masks are p*ssies, like the Klan. if you are going to kill some one tv at least have the dignity to show your face. I hate when people like that try to reinforce their ego. How is that different from the nazis excecuting civilian while claiming to be the knights of the third reich?
Nicklin, go google Godwin's Law.

Noob :devil:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
These are hardly reprocussions (sp).

Theyve decapatated their fair share of Americans, not to mention the thousands dead from unprovoked terrorist attacks.

How soon we forget that not a few months ago they have the completely mutilated bodies of some contractors and were parading around in the streets with them.

I say that it is rediculous what they did. That kind of BS isnt going to stop or even startle the US forces over there. Hell it will probably piss off another GI and he/she will flip out and beat the living $hit out of an Iraqi captive or worse.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
These are hardly reprocussions (sp).

Theyve decapatated their fair share of Americans, not to mention the thousands dead from unprovoked terrorist attacks.

How soon we forget that not a few months ago they have the completely mutilated bodies of some contractors and were parading around in the streets with them.

I say that it is rediculous what they did. That kind of BS isnt going to stop or even startle the US forces over there. Hell it will probably piss off another GI and he/she will flip out and beat the living $hit out of an Iraqi captive or worse.
Holy crap!

Someone actually "Get's It" on this issue...

:eek:

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I may have missed this (if so disregard), how come there is not this same sense of outrage in the Iraqi community (the "normal" ones) about actions of their own, as there was when the Americans mistreated those prisoners?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by Andyman_1970
I may have missed this (if so disregard), how come there is not this same sense of outrage my the Iraqi community (the "normal" ones) about actions of their own, as there was when the Americans mistreated those prisoners?
Probably because Saddam didn't hold himself up to be a shining beacon of light, justice, and hope for the world like George does.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I may have missed this (if so disregard), how come there is not this same sense of outrage my the Iraqi community (the "normal" ones) about actions of their own, as there was when the Americans mistreated those prisoners?
D'you think maybe because they are more desensitized to such things based upon the regime they have lived under and the types of different local gangs of power in communities? I think maybe such tactics are used on Americans because they know the shock value it has on our audiences...whereas over there they are more used to it?

Just a thought...I really have no idea....but humans never really grow up and out of that little kid stage where we do things because we enjoy the reaction others give to our "behavior". But after awhile, people don't react as much to it.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
al-sadir said it once already in a speech. He said something like "at least with Saddam he wasnt lying and saying he was here to help us".

However, I think they just flat out hate Americans, it has been inprinted on the psyche of the people in that region. Also not only do they harbor plain old hate for us they will hate anybody, those people are so lost they will follow anyone to a big hate party.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
However, I think they just flat out hate Americans, it has been inprinted on the psyche of the people in that region. Also not only do they harbor plain old hate for us they will hate anybody, those people are so lost they will follow anyone to a big hate party.
Can you blame them... we beat back their advancement into Kuwait (land they were "entitled to") and then refused to finish the job. So we pissed off both those loyal, and those opposed to Sadam. We said we'd help the Kurds, and then abandoned them when Saddam launched a counter attack.

Then they are forced to live under restriction imposed by US led UN (in their view)... through both republican and democratic presidents (trying to be non-partisan with that one).

Really bad PR job...

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Here's a discription of the video of Islamic terrorists murdering the American Nick Berg ...

"...the video of the beheading of US civilian contractor Nick Berg by his Al-Queda linked captors is brutal and nauseating. The video shows one of Berg s captors kicking him, shoving him to the ground to his left side. The video then shows a captor pull out a large knife and chop his head partially off. The captors then tug and pull until his head pops off. The captors then hold his head up to the camera as if it were a prop. His arteries can still be seen dangling from his head...."
There are a number of links on the web but, no thanks, I'll pass...

:dead:

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I may have missed this (if so disregard), how come there is not this same sense of outrage in the Iraqi community (the "normal" ones) about actions of their own, as there was when the Americans mistreated those prisoners?
I guess my problem is (and I probably didn't convey this well enough) is the whole Abrabic community as a whole seems to have ignored this act.

When those prisoners were humiliated and the photos got out, the Arabs (and Arab press) were mad (ok I understand), and the American press fell all over itself to condemn those actions in that prision (in a sense kind of like apologizing for America).

Now the shoe is on the other foot so to speak, and I have not heard a peep (I may be wrong here) from either another Arab gov't or press source condemning the beheading of this American.

So by their silence does that mean they somehow agree with that action? Why do we tolerate such a double standard?