Quantcast

Jesus saves

C

Cheers

Exactly....the title is offensive to me! The story in of itself, while off topic was not really the problem.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
you "H A D" to read Jesus Saves. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Honestly, do you really have NOTHING better to do with your life?

Christian =)

EDIT: and then Cheers runs around crying about being offended when his avatar is a little kid giving the finger... Talk about contradicting one's self... :rolleyes:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Originally posted by Shortbus

Honestly, do you really have NOTHING better to do with your life?

Christian =)
hey shortbus, remember when you see your mother, be sure to tell her, 'SATAN SATAN SATAN'

long live the butthole surfers

partsbara

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC

and then Cheers runs around crying about being offended when his avatar is a little kid giving the finger... Talk about contradicting one's self... :rolleyes:

oh you beat me to it.......D

C

Cheers

Well Freak the moderator put my avatar up, and when you are cruising the forum you don't see my avatar. Besides things are different now, people have been booted for using the word Retard. So I want to see consitancy...So you are right they should take my avatar and Heidi's too. You should bring that to RM's attention.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Very classy partsbara, anyone else care to drag the IQ average to a new record low?

And FYI, the Butthole surfers RULE!!!!

:D

EDIT:
Freak your avatar doesn't offend me... Trust me you need a whole lot more than the finger and someone sreaming SATAN to my mom over the internet to offend me :p

You guys should try understanding what you read sometimes.. I heard it works

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Very classy partsbara, anyone else care to drag the IQ average to a new record low?

And FYI, the Butthole surfers RULE!!!!

EDIT:
Freak your avatar doesn't offend me... Trust me you need a whole lot more than the finger and someone sreaming SATAN to my mom over the internet to offend me :p

dude, don t listen to them, you ll go to HELL

parts

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
...your Herculian trial. That sandwich has stymied even the most fearless of conquerers. I have come to understand that even Alexander of Macedonia chose the Gordian Knot over the ever-daunting grilled cheese.

That's one hell of a bite, BTW. Were you trying to make your wisdom teeth earn their keep?;)

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Originally posted by partsbara
glad to hear that you are ok damn true, but i for one don t appreciate the 'jesus saves' line... as we ve all just seen, a number of our brothers have been banished from this place for remarks that don t really belong here... i find your remark in this vein... imagine if i came in here ranting about satan, not that i am a satanist, but imagine how it would go over...

like i said, i m glad that you are ok, but i don t want to read about relegion on a MTB board... not lookin to start a war or anything, just my opinion...

plus, i call a big BS on this line :)

'I have been drilled by a 20' wave while surfing'

i ve been a surfer for more than half my life, growing up in the s/w of west. oz... surfing margret river at home to indo, portugal, japan, ireland and many places inbetween... i have never surfed more than 12' + (and that was pushing it!) got any piccies ? :)

peace

partsbara

Arabstrap, (oh yeah, I remember)

I have surfed Margies, Cottlesoe(sp?), Kirra, Lennox, and a few of the Sydney area spots as well (missed out on Bells). All great stuff. I lived on Oahu for seven years and surfed nearly every day of that period. Winter, summer, North Shore, West Side, and South. I have had more than ample experience and opportunity in big waves. I don't feel I need to defend that.
Actually, I don't much care for anything over the 12-15 (Hawaiian) range. It becomes more about survival than fun.

As for your distaste for the title of the thread. If you don't like Survivior, don't watch it. If you don't want to find out what I am talking about in a thread titiled "Jesus Saves" don't read it. Simple as that. If you or anyone else are offended by the mere presence of those words than you really ought to seek counseling.

Cheers/Grav, get a grip guys. The act has played out. The little fit you are throwing serves no useful purpose.

BTW 503 people have been at least marginally interested. If they were all offended I can only assume that 503 people are prone to self destructive behavior.
"Oh I hate this, lemme read it."

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan

parts
Those Butt-hole Surfers are evil evildoers of evil. I mean just look what they did to "Hurdy Gurdy Man". I've personally seen that song give someone the fear of the devil.

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA

parts

Sorry kids, but I am sure, to most people, your anti-CHRISTian remarks and/ or "name-calling" is far more offensive than DT's original "shout-out" to God for what he appreciates, his life!

As far as CHRISTians being weak & feeble-minded:

.........very true! We are in light of what has been revealed to us! That is why our one true hope is Christ. Sure, sure....many people over the years have needed much proof to believe similar "lies", such as:
-the earth is round.
Others lost their lives over heresy such as:
-the earth revolves around the sun.

.........rest assured kids, your proof will come, hopefully, before it is too late. As for me, I choose to accept the Truth, beforehand. That is the definition of faith.

P.S.- Please do not assume that I haven't had substantial evidence/ experiences to support my belief. I KNOW what I believe......trust me. Your lack of supporting evidence does not negate the abundance of mine. Thanks,

Jay

TickTock

Chimp
Aug 1, 2002
~Boston~
Wow that sandwich is causing quite a ruckus!

You say jesus saved you, I say jesus choked you....
People seem very on edge lately. I think it goes on both sides of the fence....If you feel the need to praise jesus because you managed to push your own body against a chair and puke up a bite of grilled cheese, then so be it. If you get offended just because someone else wants to say jesus saves on their own thread, so be it.

I find both views pretty amusing. As long as people keep manufacturing cheap lil plastic horns, people will keep paying 10 cents to step up and blow them.

:o:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Originally posted by valve bouncer

Those Butt-hole Surfers are evil evildoers of evil. I mean just look what they did to "Hurdy Gurdy Man". I've personally seen that song give someone the fear of the devil.
heh, i liked their take on that tune. the 1st time i saw the buttholes there was a real sense of menace, unease, and unpredictability in the air. sadly, that is missing from a lot of shows.

what about keiji haino's "hardey- gourdy man"?

DT - glad to see you hacked out that cheeseball. my son miles was choking on a piece of english muffin a few weeks ago and it scared the absolute crap out of me.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Wow DT, that's some scary sh!t. Glad to hear you survived...

I'm going to chew 15 times in your honor, when I scarf todays sandwich in about 20 minutes...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Originally posted by Damn True

Arabstrap, (oh yeah, I remember)

I have surfed Margies, Cottlesoe(sp?), Kirra, Lennox, and a few of the Sydney area spots as well (missed out on Bells). All great stuff. I lived on Oahu for seven years and surfed nearly every day of that period. Winter, summer, North Shore, West Side, and South. I have had more than ample experience and opportunity in big waves. I don't feel I need to defend that.
Actually, I don't much care for anything over the 12-15 (Hawaiian) range. It becomes more about survival than fun.

As for your distaste for the title of the thread. If you don't like Survivior, don't watch it. If you don't want to find out what I am talking about in a thread titiled "Jesus Saves" don't read it. Simple as that. If you or anyone else are offended by the mere presence of those words than you really ought to seek counseling.

Cheers, get a grip. The act has played out.

arabstrap - i m remember .. . sly dig DT ???

cottesloe, yeah.. that place is hardcore for sure... 2' beach breaks, somehow i think you d be more at home out there that 12 - 15' hawaiian thumpers... like i said, piccies to prove it would be stellar... i have problems believing that you d even be out on a 12 - 15 ' hawiaan day ( i know sure as hell i ain t) .... that is indeed survival stuff, infact where i live anything over 8 ' can be very dangerous... but if u can ride 20' and have done, props to you, maybe u should have pursued a career in surfing... either that or you call wave size like patrick swayze and the lads in point break :)

point here is that i don t really wanna read about jesus in this place... sure he has a place in your life and in many others... good for you and i hope it makes your life better... but is here really the place to praise the lord ? i think not... i don t come in here and force my relegious beliefs onto people who frequent this place... as for 'counseling' i think i m not really the one who has a problem with reality... i have a firm 'grip' on my life and all that goes with it...

partsbara

or should i say ... (proudly i may add...) arabstrap :)

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
True, I'm glad you are ok, but you had to know you would be stirring the pot by titling this post as you did.
I totally thought you were above all this..

Another word of advise........Take smaller bites...:D

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by narlus

heh, i liked their take on that tune. the 1st time i saw the buttholes there was a real sense of menace, unease, and unpredictability in the air. sadly, that is missing from a lot of shows.
I like it too, Narlus, love the Buttholes in fact. But I did see Hurdy Gurdy Man freak my friend out, although he was very stoned at the time. Funny though.

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
Originally posted by narlus

DT - glad to see you hacked out that cheeseball. my son miles was choking on a piece of english muffin a few weeks ago and it scared the absolute crap out of me.
yeah choking yourself is scary enough but watching your child do it is absolutely frightening. My son did it about a month ago on potato chips ( as his mother was telling me not to give him such big pieces). Dont wanna see that ever again.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Originally posted by Low_b
True, I'm glad you are ok, but you had to know you would be stirring the pot by titling this post as you did.
I totally thought you were above all this..

Another word of advise........Take smaller bites...:D
thats all i needed to hear ! thanks low b

partsbara

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
DT dude eat more slowly take smaller bites

Now for the rest of you

I'm about as anti religion as it gets.

Do I have a problem with DT's topic? NO I can choose not to read it, or if you can't deal with his posts use the Ignore feature in the user control panel and poof you will never see his posts again. Too bad because DT posts some great stuff and you will miss it.

I do agree I don't want to be preached to, but its fine with me if DT belives the Jesus Saved him.

So everyone Lighten up a little

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001

arabstrap - i m remember .. . sly dig DT ???

cottesloe, yeah.. that place is hardcore for sure... 2' beach breaks, somehow i think you d be more at home out there that 12 - 15' hawaiian thumpers... like i said, piccies to prove it would be stellar... i have problems believing that you d even be out on a 12 - 15 ' hawiaan day ( i know sure as hell i ain t) .... that is indeed survival stuff, infact where i live anything over 8 ' can be very dangerous... but if u can ride 20' and have done, props to you, maybe u should have pursued a career in surfing... either that or you call wave size like patrick swayze and the lads in point break :)

point here is that i don t really wanna read about jesus in this place... sure he has a place in your life and in many others... good for you and i hope it makes your life better... but is here really the place to praise the lord ? i think not... i don t come in here and force my relegious beliefs onto people who frequent this place... as for 'counseling' i think i m not really the one who has a problem with reality... i have a firm 'grip' on my life and all that goes with it...

partsbara

or should i say ... (proudly i may add...) arabstrap :)
I can, I have, I no longer do. Especially in CA, too bloddy cold, the water is "stiffer" and the big spots here like Mavericks have lots of big nast rocks very close to the pit. You don't make the drop, you go through the rocks. No thanks. I'll take Waimea, Av's Alligators or outside V-land.
BTW, I mean 20' not often, and like I said, not any more.
Yeah Cottlesoe was small, but I was there with other people on "mal's" as you call 'em. It was a fun day, lots of nose-riding.

I dug the heck out of the Q-land points.

If you don't want to read about it. Don't. If a thread is titled "show me your Bullit pics" I don't click on it because I couldn't care less about a photo of another bullit. I didn't sneak anything under the radar. You are a big boy now, you can decide what you do or do not read.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Hey True...
It's called CHEWING. It's what yo do before you swallow. :D

Glad you are still here with us though man. :thumb:
Now I won't be DFL at all the races. ;)

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills

If you don't want to read about it. Don't. If a thread is titled "show me your Bullit pics" I don't click on it because I couldn't care less about a photo of another bullit. I didn't sneak anything under the radar. You are a big boy now, you can decide what you do or do not read.
I coulda skipped this post becuase of the title but I would have missed the real story.

And the real story is that we almost lost a good person to an accident. I respect your beleifs on why you survived..But personally I'm just glad that you did survive.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
WOW! Ridemonkey.com almost killed Damn True!!! :eek:

I am glad you are ok, DT. :monkey:

For everyone bickering at Damn True for thanking God he is alive, don't read the post if you don't like it. Cripes, the guy almost died and you're bitching about him mentioning Jesus in a thread. :rolleyes:
Excuse me IAB... But I do not appreciate the way you go around mooning me with your big BUTT
Please save it for when you are NOT on the board.
;)

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Originally posted by Atom
Hail Satan! F#ck Jesus. Jesus is the great deceiver. End of Story. Organized religion is the runation of this world.

Is this offensive? Im not so sure. Im mean, hell... if we can thank and praise jesus then we should be able to dispraise him too, right? Fair is Fair.

I just wanted to thank Lucifer for looking out for me and everyone on RM.

BTW- good to have u still here DT. Also, please no more nasty ass pics of your throat butter covered chewed up grilled cheese. that is some nasty sh!t. post pics of naked chics, or dead horses instead. :devil:
Yes this is offensive and deliberately so. Don't even think about pleading ignorance, a post like this helps no one.

DT - I'm glad you're OK dude, and please don't take offense at the next statements.

The religion thing is getting fairly major here on RM, I'm actually up for an adult discussion about it where it's possible and DT is one of the relatively few Christians I have met (and I have met plenty) who can rise far enough above dogma to have an adult discussion.

That said, I think the title of the thread could be seen as provocative and it is only fair and balanced that if others must respect the Christian viewpoint on this site and desist from stupid posts such as Atom's or posts with an overtly sexual content (sex after all is the most natural thing in the world without it we would not be here and discussion of the reasons it's such a taboo subject are surprisingly few and far between but maybe the maturity level round here is too low) then perhaps the pro-christian/jesus saves content could also be toned down?

I'm not a believer, therefore I don't want to see Jesus given credit for everything that happens in the same way that Christians may not want me to fervently credit Allah or Buddha or Zeus with everything.

It goes both ways if you wish your viewpoints respected respect others also.

And immature posts generally detract from your argument guys so grow up (and hopefully the people that is not aimed at are smart enough and mature enough to know it).

Big Mack

Chimp
Aug 24, 2002
Massachusetts
DT good to hear that you're o.k. It's also good that you remembered the heimlich. When did you learn that, like in elementary school!

My take on all of this is that following a traumatic event, DT wanted to share his feelings with his all fo his friends on RM. Kind of like having a revelation.

DT, you didn't offend me. I think I see where you're coming from. I also understand why others commented the way they did...and they have the right to do so.

With all of what I have said, I guess it's good to see that we all have at least one thing in common! Ride on!

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

the problem , bmx man is that i had to read 'jesus saves'....

partsbara
AAAAGHGHHGHHGH!!!!..... MY EYES!!!

"JESUS JESUS JESUS..."

AAAHGHGHG!! STOP SAYING THAT...

"JESUS JESUS JESUS..."

Sorry... but I think that you are a little too thin skinned if simply reading the word "JESUS" pisses you off. I am in no way a bible thumper, and I may not believe everything that True believes... but the word "JESUS" does not send me into a blind rage.

JESUS
Muhamed
Ganesh
Yahwey (sp?)
Zeus
Odin
Buddha

Yes.. these are the names of deities. But they are just names.
If True wantds to thank the lord that he is alove, give him a break.
C'mon. Let's ALL not be so sensitive.

man.. I can't believe I got drawn into this.. AND i'm DEFENDING the religous types...

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by -BB-

AAAAGHGHHGHHGH!!!!..... MY EYES!!!

"JESUS JESUS JESUS..."

AAAHGHGHG!! STOP SAYING THAT...

"JESUS JESUS JESUS..."

Sorry... but I think that you are a little too thin skinned if simply reading the word "JESUS" pisses you off. I am in no way a bible thumper, and I may not believe everything that True believes... but the word "JESUS" does not send me into a blind rage.

JESUS
Muhamed
Ganesh
Yahwey (sp?)
Zeus
Odin
Buddha

Yes.. these are the names of deities. But they are just names.
If True wantds to thank the lord that he is alove, give him a break.
C'mon. Let's ALL not be so sensitive.

Ni

Ni

Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
I tried to fish the blockage out of my throat with my finger but couldn.t reach back far enough. I ponderd for a moment how long it would take me to tap out a plea for help hoping that someone on RM might call 911 for me since I could'nt speak into the phone myself. I then hurled myself over the back of a chair in a self applicated heimlich maneuver.

It took 6 or 7 tries and I was getting pretty tired and my vision was closing in before it finnaly worked and I hacked a chunk of food out on the table.
Sounds to me like YOU saved yourself. You keep your head together and did what it took to survive. If it would have been Jesus, it would have magically floated from your throat and burst into a bright shinny star and flown out your window.

You've got to be joking with everyone......right?

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by MMike
I think Jesus is probably really pissed with you. He apparently keeps trying to get you to "join him" and you keep fending him off. He's probably gonna wash his hands of you......

That is the funniest thing I have heard all week.

Glad I wasn't eating when I read it.:rolleyes:

I think he is just reminding me who is REALLY in charge. I sometimes forget and think I control my existance. He's just putting me in my place.