Quantcast

Massanutten race

turnerdhr

Chimp
Jan 12, 2007
MORGANTOWN WV
yeah i called this evening and talked to Ann or whatever and she said the hotel was available but she thought they were booked but you could put your name on a waiting list if someone cancels..but i would like to book now...and also the cheapest condo she said would be 150 a night.. so i dont know whats going on..since every one is getting different answers

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
With over 200 riders last year, I would try a bit harder to take care of the lodging situation...but that's just me...:p

:D

(Edit: I'm glad it's NOT me! LOL! You guys always come through anyway....:thumb: )

VADHPROMO

Monkey
Dec 1, 2004
A, A
I'm gonna try to get there early and claim the liftshack for my camping spot. the guys who had it last year had it made.
Sorry Already Reserved for the NC CREW

Hotel is $60 plus tax and condo is $99 per night plus tax, two night min on the condo's. Anyone wanting a condo should ask for Ext 5052. leave meassage if no answer.

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
Ma$$anutten. $16,000-60,000 may pottentually be spent per room at the hotel for the time share folks. There is more money angry management at the nut than holesome peaple. Dont blame Goarge. Hes one of us. NOt saying dont complain. Just be politacal about it. Request the mountain to build a couple more trails and open for a full season. Check out Shenandoahmountainbikeclub.com. Things could happen. Show your interest.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
yay i'll be there racing hardtail. Say hi if you see a orange Evil :D

I just ended up booking a room at best western by I81 for now... Dunno about this camping situashun... :think:

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
yay i'll be there racing hardtail. Say hi if you see a orange Evil :D

I just ended up booking a room at best western by I81 for now... Dunno about this camping situashun... :think:
cancel that room and get one on site. they are cheaper and right next to the race course.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
cool i'll try and call them again i've been getting the answering mach all morning :)

edit: yep sure enough i was able to get a room on the resort itself :D cant wait i hear this course is fun even on a hardtail

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I might head out to photograph the event but not sure if i will race. My bike is missing a front brake and i really have no recollection of where it is...

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
planning on giving my new Titan it's break in run out there. If you see a goofy lookin purplish hardtail stand clear, there'll be no tellin how far it'll fly when I crash.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I might head out to photograph the event but not sure if i will race. My bike is missing a front brake and i really have no recollection of where it is...

You should watch that drinkin' young man! :rolleyes:

I might have a Hayes Mag you can borrow.

Feb 26, 2007
Damn, it looks like its gonna be fun, we gotta gang racing and camping. I'm just curious as to how my z150 will do in a downhill race ?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Wintergreen's Loggers Alley is open, its fun the first couple a times.....

If you go west about a half hour, you are in the middle of the the National Forest, and there is a TON of stuff to ride. Also, the Western side of Massanutten has a bunch of trails. I really don't know the area too well, maybe Mattoid can chime in.

Feb 26, 2007
2 quick questions ? I plan on camping at the bottom of the run, as I'm sure a bunch of other people are too ? Whats the rule on camp fires ? Should we bring our own fire wood or what ? Also should I worry about somebody jackin stuff from my tent when Im not around it ( tools, clothes, etc.... )

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
2 quick questions ? I plan on camping at the bottom of the run, as I'm sure a bunch of other people are too ? Whats the rule on camp fires ? Should we bring our own fire wood or what ? Also should I worry about somebody jackin stuff from my tent when Im not around it ( tools, clothes, etc.... )

No fires. No thievery as of yet.

Feb 26, 2007
That eliminates the idea of weenie roasts and smores then,oh well. The restaraunts at the resort all look good though, and hell they have a buffet and a bar, now thats what I like ! It looks like its going to be a great time, hopefully the weather will be great too, it looks like theyre going to get some rain midweek, so trail conditions should be primo. I'm stoked, 7 days til I leave...woot !

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
That eliminates the idea of weenie roasts and smores then,oh well. The restaraunts at the resort all look good though, and hell they have a buffet and a bar, now thats what I like ! It looks like its going to be a great time, hopefully the weather will be great too, it looks like theyre going to get some rain midweek, so trail conditions should be primo. I'm stoked, 7 days til I leave...woot !
We're having a cookout Friday in the hotel parking lot which is within walking distance of the slope. Come on over and join some fellow :monkey: 's! Look for the green XTerra with RIDEMTB plates.