Quantcast

Massanutten race

KevinR86

Chimp
Aug 13, 2006
Williamsburg VA
i just checked the dates. Is the race really on Saturday? I was assuming it was on sunday w/ practice on sat, but from what i just saw on the massnutten site that doesn't seem to be the case. If practice is on friday thats wack cause i got to work

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
We're having a cookout Friday in the hotel parking lot which is within walking distance of the slope. Come on over and join some fellow :monkey: 's! Look for the green XTerra with RIDEMTB plates.
that sounds like a good plan, I might have to join in. I'll the hungry guy in the big white van.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
All I have to say is, everyone be cool this year. Don't leave your rooms trashed, and try not to get to rowdy. I like Massanutten, and I want to be able to ride there again next year.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
All I have to say is, everyone be cool this year. Don't leave your rooms trashed, and try not to get to rowdy. I like Massanutten, and I want to be able to ride there again next year.
There could be a very simple solution to this: Track who was responsible for the renting the room and charge his ass for the damage.

:D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
There could be a very simple solution to this: Track who was responsible for the renting the room and charge his ass for the damage.

:D
Just believe me on this one. We can all still have fun, but just chill out a little bit.

(The even more simple solution is this: Not have the race anymore, and not have to worry about fixing any damage/landscaping/etc)

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
Online registration closes tomorrow slackers!!! :lighten:
online registration is/was available?.....:poster_oops:

anyways, I'm stoked to go. I cleaned out my van today, then washed the outside, so the rust spots are nice and clean. I'm ready for a roadtrip.

so who else is in for the 19-29 expert class?

dcrides

Chimp
Jun 24, 2005
Im not totally sure yet. Friday, early AM probably. Sorry though, my car is pretty jam packed already. Pretty sure there might be some other folks from northern va or md going to the race.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
not sure yet, but we will be leaving either friday night or saturday EARLY in the morning to ride all day saturday, most of the day sunday, and coming back home sunday night. we will probably be :pirate2: camping or possibly crashing at a friend's place about an hour away from diablo... splitting gas in the super shuttle mini-van that can carry up to 4 people with bikes and gear comfortably.

so far, it will be stiff (coming back from africa thursday), FES (maybe?), myself, and another guy who might only need a one-way ride up there.

Feb 26, 2007
60 % Chance of scattered storms on Friday, and partly cloudy high of 80 on Saturday. Conditions look pretty good right now !

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
It should be fun no matter what. Look at it this way, at least you'll be in the mpuntains with your buddies instead of at home with annoying neighbors, in-laws, work, etc!

and I'll be there in the expert 19-29. There always seems to be a TON of people in that class!

I've always wanted to race my hardtail up there.... is there a HT category this year?

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Update: I will no longer be the goofy guy with the white guy 'fro. I will now be the goofy guy with the buzz cut. No particular reason why, I just got a wild hair up my a$$. For once, alcohol actually was not a factor. Look forward to meeting everybody though, so if you see me, feel free to stop and hang out. Especially if you have *ahem* refreshments.

Feb 26, 2007
Mr. Ridiculous, I'm leaving here tomorrow morning with some...AHEM !.... Icy Beverages, and I'll be the other goofy white guy with the freshly shaven head. I'll be campin at the bottom....

Sh!t I am stoked !

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
Hey mike, Ill be with you guys in the hard tail fun zone. You cant miss the old school plain & pollished bomber. I will also be coasting down in the 30-? expert aswell.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
Well the race is over and I sucked. It rained 30min all day and it had to be the 30 min before my race run. The rocks at the beginning were super slick and I crashed on the rocks and my rear wheel popped out of my drop out, I have a bolt on rear so no way to re-tighten it. So I basically had to just coast the rest of the race. I pulled out a 4:59 with almost no pedaling, Oh well.

Someone told me that at one point 10 riders in a row crashed on the rocks after it rained.