Quantcast

Most overrated bands EVER!

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
firestorm said:
BEST FUQING POST EVER MADE ON THE INTERNET REGARDING A REBUTTAL TOWARDS OVER RATED BANDS. THIS GUY KNOWS HIS STUFF AND HIS COMMENTS REGARDING AC/DC AND THE BEATLES WERE SAID MUCH BETTER THEN I WAS ABOUT TO EVEN ATTEMPT.
GREAT JOB MAN AND I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID EXCEPT THE LAST LINE ABOUT OASIS SINCE I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THEY EVEN ARE.
I KNOW A PLACE THAT SELLS DISCOUNT CAPS LOCKS KEYS. I JUST ORDERED ONE YESTERDAY I CANT WAIT TILL IT GETS HERE PM ME IF YOU WANT THE ADDRESS

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
firestorm said:
BEST FUQING POST EVER MADE ON THE INTERNET REGARDING A REBUTTAL TOWARDS OVER RATED BANDS. THIS GUY KNOWS HIS STUFF AND HIS COMMENTS REGARDING AC/DC AND THE BEATLES WERE SAID MUCH BETTER THEN I WAS ABOUT TO EVEN ATTEMPT.
GREAT JOB MAN AND I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID EXCEPT THE LAST LINE ABOUT OASIS SINCE I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THEY EVEN ARE.
He's just showing off his eToughness...don't mind him. He's a bodybuilder.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Hee hee, this thread is like Elvis, it wont die...
HIM blows goats. My kid wants to listen to them, and I try so hard not to say no, because the harder I fight, the more he will want to listen to that crap. I just try to inundate him with plenty of good Hendrix, roots rock and good old school punk.
And caps lock boy, the Beatles still suck, and always will and always have sucked (Ripped off Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly and Gene Vincent then got into drugs and ugly Asian artists), and AC/DC was never any good. All their crap sounds the same. Hint, caps lock only annoys people, it doesnt make you right or sound tough.
Another under rated guy, Dick Dale. Could and still does sling a mean guitar.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
JohnE said:
Hee hee, this thread is like Elvis, it wont die...
HIM blows goats. My kid wants to listen to them, and I try so hard not to say no, because the harder I fight, the more he will want to listen to that crap. I just try to inundate him with plenty of good Hendrix, roots rock and good old school punk.
And caps lock boy, the Beatles still suck, and always will and always have sucked (Ripped off Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly and Gene Vincent then got into drugs and ugly Asian artists), and AC/DC was never any good. All their crap sounds the same. Hint, caps lock only annoys people, it doesnt make you right or sound tough.
Another under rated guy, Dick Dale. Could and still does sling a mean guitar.
dick dale rules... did he like that nofx cd or did mom find that one ?? :)

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
JohnE said:
My top 5 under rated bands...
1. Webb Wilder and the Nashvegans
2. Dropkick Murphys
3. Anything with Brian Setzer
4. Dire Straits
5. The Who
5a. The Clash

Gimme time, and more beer and my f#cking CD collection (currently hung up in customs...) and I will add a few.

DISCLAIMER: Keep in mind folks, this is but my humble opinion. So all you Brian Eno, Peter Gallagher and Chris Isaaks fans remember, Keith Moon would whip all your a$$es...
BTW, the Beach Boys suck too, and I live in California...

brian, the who and the clash all suck. not even joking

oh and the beach boys always sucked

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
firestorm said:
Man you guys attack quick don't you? Christ sakes, lighten up people. Sound more like badmitten players then mountain bikers. I just really liked the post. I Apologize for the caps. Won't happen again...trust me.
JUST A LITTLE JOKIN AROUND CHIEF YOU BETTER LIGHTEN UP

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
captainpolution said:
brian, the who and the clash all suck. not even joking

oh and the beach boys always sucked
Well, who do you like to listen to? Captain and Tennile? Bee Gees? You cant come round and drop a bomb, without revealing your opinion, so that it may be thrashed appropriately...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Kit comes around next week, after I throw the stand together and rebuild a bike (Just so you can re-rebuild it for me later...) all I gotta do is beg Momma for some "me time" and some $$...
Should be soon!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
in terms of the beatles being overrated....i guess you are too young...hell i am too young too...

that said, the amount of progress in terms of pushing songwriting and recording they accomplished, from dec '65 to nov '68 cannot be overstated. _Rubber Soul_, _Revolver_, _Sgt Pepper's_, _magical mystery tour_, _the white album_...

think about that run, all the singles released as well which never made it to a proper lp, and put it in context. in less than 3 years they put out more brilliant and original music than anyone else period. i'm not the biggest beatles' fan in a long bit, but you cannot deny their legacy.
this.

insanitylevel9

triple nubby
Jan 7, 2011
hopkinton ma
My top 5 under rated bands...
1. Webb Wilder and the Nashvegans
2. Dropkick Murphys
3. Anything with Brian Setzer
4. Dire Straits
5. The Who
5a. The Clash

Gimme time, and more beer and my f#cking CD collection (currently hung up in customs...) and I will add a few.

DISCLAIMER: Keep in mind folks, this is but my humble opinion. So all you Brian Eno, Peter Gallagher and Chris Isaaks fans remember, Keith Moon would whip all your a$$es...
BTW, the Beach Boys suck too, and I live in California...
the drop kicks are so under rated, its nice being from mass where you actually hear them on the radio every once and a while.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I talked to him yesterday...he is living it up in NorCal. Rode together last fall, he still descends like the Devil, and climbs like a 5 year old girl with one leg.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
My top 5 overrated:

Led Zeppelin: I simply hate them. Spare me all the "influencial" crap too. They get so much hype...

Jimmie Hendrix: Yeah, I get it. You can make a bunch of stupid noises with a guitar. Thanks. Move along please and learn how to FINISH a song. Here's a hint. The point is not to drone on for hours with random, inane solos with no relevance to the rest of the song to the point that the listener becomes bored.
And here I was just starting to respect you. :rolleyes:

;)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
in terms of the beatles being overrated....i guess you are too young...hell i am too young too...

that said, the amount of progress in terms of pushing songwriting and recording they accomplished, from dec '65 to nov '68 cannot be overstated. _Rubber Soul_, _Revolver_, _Sgt Pepper's_, _magical mystery tour_, _the white album_...

think about that run, all the singles released as well which never made it to a proper lp, and put it in context. in less than 3 years they put out more brilliant and original music than anyone else period. i'm not the biggest beatles' fan in a long bit, but you cannot deny their legacy.
Same can be said for the Monkeys, right?