Quantcast

Norway ride pics (lots)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Absolutely beautiful ride/terrain shots - and the one of the ladies on the beach wasn't too bad either! :D

I second the motion to make this a sticky!

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Norway is so freaking beautiful. My wife and I were there a few years ago. We didn't get to spend much time there, which is why we need to go back. When we do, we plan on spending at least a few nights at the Stalheim hotel. Here's the view off the back patio:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Originally posted by pixelninja
Norway is so freaking beautiful. My wife and I were there a few years ago. We didn't get to spend much time there, which is why we need to go back. When we do, we plan on spending at least a few nights at the Stalheim hotel. Here's the view off the back patio:
WOW!! That view is beautiful!! I've got to go there someday!!

J

JRB

Trond you rock holmes.

I will say that I would rather read junk in the Lounge than to be tempted by that sweet ass terrain. I am very jealous.

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
I have found my reasons to wake up in the morning...

1st... just to come to this thread and see these pics!

2nd to get up and go to work so I can make enough money to get to Norway!

Thank you soooooo freakin much for these pics!

I feel like I owe you something for just sharing these with us. :p

Espen

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Tigerstaden, Norway
The best things about bicycling in Norway are:

- Traditions for walking/hiking in the woods/mountains-makes trails everywhere.
- EVERYTHING is awailable for all people, by shoes or by wheels. (no motors)
- Norway got many kinds of terrain, a looong narrow country.

If people wants to visit, many experieced bikers up here will give you good advices. Take contact!

E

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
This thread needed a bump to risk it fallign off the first page - in fact I'm still voting for it to be made a sticky!

The photos are just so beautiful and inspriring! :thumb:

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Saturdays ride: Went to the same place as last week, as it's way dryer on the southEast. About 1.5hrs drive from Oslo.

Øyvind riding the trails

Attachments

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Sveinung riding around on the Saber. The best thing about these trails are that they are superfast and have small jumps and drops that everyone can do. It's a perfect place to go if there's a gap in riding experience and technical riding skills. Everyone can have fun here!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Trond
My new bike!! Azonic Saber. Weighs in at 32lbs but feels suprisingly light and nimble, might have to do with the Stans No Tubes set up.
Nice Saber - was everything in good shape when you put it together??

Everything in alignment and such?

I'd love to hear about the long term durability report on that frame.

Keep the pics coming!

Why isn't this thread a sticky yet?? :confused:

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
It was in decent shape except two small niggles:

1. right dropout was too tight, especially for my King funbolts. Read about this on mtbr.com once too. I had to file quite a bit of metal to make'em fit. When they did, the wheel was perfectly aligned.

2. The 8mm insert-bolt that keeps the shock mounted to the downtube was too long. You screw a bolt into it on one side, but the insert stuck out too much. So you can't tighten it enough which gives the shock the feeling of having play. Again a bit of filing on the insert did the trick. My english come up a bit short here, if you didn't get it let me know and I'll take a pic of it.

The HT is 5.1" :eek: which means I need a new steerer tube for my Vanilla. When the Turner DHR has 4.5" I am sure the Saber can settle for less too ;)

The frame with shock (19.5") weighed in at 4.1kg or exactly 9lbs, a pound more than I expected. It's not noticable on the trail though. I have only 3 good hours on trail with the Saber, but first impressions are very good. If feels very solid and stable. I have mixed experience with Romic in the past as far as durability, but that remains to be seen.

Attachments

tammy

spyderzmom
Oct 10, 2001
lost
Those are some of the most inspiring pictures I've seen in a while - thanks for sharing! :cool:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Hell nothing...it looks like heaven to me! $hit, I always thought Norway was just a big block of ice inhabited by hot blonds. That is absolutely stunning natural beauty, though. What's the cost of living and job market like? :eek:

dr.harmonica

Chimp
Feb 13, 2004
Oslo, Norway
Originally posted by Trond

The frame with shock (19.5") weighed in at 4.1kg or exactly 9lbs, a pound more than I expected. It's not noticable on the trail though. I have only 3 good hours on trail with the Saber, but first impressions are very good. If feels very solid and stable. I have mixed experience with Romic in the past as far as durability, but that remains to be seen.
I don't care how good, fantastic, awesome, awfull.... your bike is as long as you have that dorky looking seat. Yellow and blue, looks like you're Swedish. :)

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Got some pics in from yesterdays ride...still some snow, but nice trails for the most part!

These are taken outside Trondheim, dead middle of Norway, and home of theThor's Hammer Gathering

A little bit og snow...

But also some nice trails...

One viewpoint of Trondheim, and my ridingpartner for the day, Kristoffer.

Another climb...

Some tight singletrack...sorry about the branch there...It wouldn't move!

Me on the way down from the aformentioned viewpoint

More singletrack...I just love these trails, and pics make me smile even the day after!

Enjoy!!

more to come as summer aproaches!!