Quantcast

OEM tyres

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
lol I've never actually ridden the SR compound. But I hear it was so good it made even @Gary ride like one of these new school DH kids.
They were pretty damn good. They were a little too squishy though honestly. Most people just loved them because they didn't chunk off like the supertackys which were a little better supported.

The new supertackys are better than both of those were 10 years ago imo.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
They were pretty damn good. They were a little too squishy though honestly. Most people just loved them because they didn't chunk off like the supertackys which were a little better supported.

The new supertackys are better than both of those were 10 years ago imo.
:stupid:

And "new" is a very relative term with the STs. I don't think I've had one do the thing where chunks fall of in 6-8 years. That was just the early ones.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
If it's a maxxterra. Like I said, I ride 60a rear tires a lot but but our dirt sucks and I aim for rocks for traction. Where you are is literally the exact opposite yeah?
Yup, main hill is clay over oil-stone (shale).
Not a lot of rock, except for exposed sections, where it is exposed, it is is loose as fuck - basically golf to tennis ball sized but flat.
Lots of roots. Being clay, they shut the hill down if it is wet, and a day or two after to let it dry out. You can not ride this stuff when it is seriously wet.

The groomed trails have a few greasy patches to catch you out and the rest hard-pack clay. Later in the season, it is a few inches of clay dust over hard - that makes for some interesting situations.

The natural trails are the same with the addition of forest loam into the mix, so when it is dry - awesome traction, but the loam holds moisture and they tend to be a bit more interesting as everything may look fine, but be slick as dog poop under the top crust. Always makes the abundant roots more fun when they are almost always greased up. We have wood as well, but when they close for rain, it makes it a moot point, except for a mucky spot just before a bridge etc when open.

Cheers.