Quantcast

Official 2006 Secret Santa Thread!!!!!!!!!!!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
It's a SECRET Santa. However, you'll be receiving a 2nd part to that gift once your SS's office restocks their Worlds Fastest Indian DVD shelf. (The Home Entertainment division of this company sure can be slow in following up on interoffice requests. Argh!!) The DVD also includes the short documentary made by the same director a couple decades ago and includes very cool footage and interviews with the real Burt Munro. Have you already seen the doc?

Cheers and happy holidays.

SStmx

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
It's a SECRET Santa. However, you'll be receiving a 2nd part to that gift once your SS's office restocks their Worlds Fastest Indian DVD shelf. (The Home Entertainment division of this company sure can be slow in following up on interoffice requests. Argh!!) The DVD also includes the short documentary made by the same director a couple decades ago and includes very cool footage and interviews with the real Burt Munro. Have you already seen the doc?

Cheers and happy holidays.

SStmx
You are a goddess! Hero! Superstar! Thank you so much!! I figured my SS surprise was over and I still couldn't figure out who it was!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
ok, here's the swag i got from Trainwreck:

nicely wrapped

otis wants to help out in the unwrapping dept

unveiled!

thanks again rick, awesome stuff. i've never seen the final GBV show and am looking forward to cracking a few beers and crankin' it up.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
ok, here's the swag i got from Trainwreck:

nicely wrapped

otis wants to help out in the unwrapping dept

unveiled!

thanks again rick, awesome stuff. i've never seen the final GBV show and am looking forward to cracking a few beers and crankin' it up.
wow that is a great gift! Nice job Trainwreck!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
According to the USPS my elf got their gift yesterday. I hope they like it.

I got mine last night. Tigg rocks. :thumb: I'll see about getting some pictures tonight.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
My SS ROCKS!!!! :thumb: I got a set of Dirtrag pint glasses, a park tool pint glass & opener and the 'Lil Monkey will be outfitted in her awesome new attire as soon as I pick her up from the sitter's!

I'll post the most important pics a little later :D

Thank you SO much Brungeman!!! You're awesome!

Merry Christmas to all!!!!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Fun stuff!

In case I might be one of the elf's on the "received but not yet acknowledged" list it's because I had to have it sent to the office and I haven't been in yet this week. Sent to office even though I work from home because delivery services to the homefront are shoddy at best. Even though I'm here most of the time, they leave the note saying delivery attempted but no one home. And when I'm not here, they've been known to leave packages in front of my door. ...In NYC!??!! Several years ago a bike was shipped to me and they left the box in front of my door. Damn lucky it was still there by the time I got home, but jeez :plthumbsdown: !!

Hey Diva, it was fun shopping for you and I'm really stoked you like the treats.

THANK YOU STOSH for making this all happen!!!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Mine is listed as delivered yesterday...
Got it dude, thanks! From the moment I saw the box my toes started tingling :D I took some pics with my camera phone but haven't had a chance to mail them to my work account yet. To summarize, DRB hooked it up first class:

Chimay gift pack with 3 Trappiste beers from Belguim, with a really nice Chimay glass. Chimay is awesome beer, the blue in particular is one of my favorites.

Some Smartwool socks. Wearing them right now. My toes are happy.

A framed picture :D

A $22 donation in my name to a food bank :thumb:

Over the top dude, thanks a million! Pics this afternoon hopefully.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I woke up to a package on my doorstep from Kona!! 2 pairs of Verge socks and a sweet Kona beanie. Awesome! Here's hoping the cold weather comes soon so I can show it off :biggrin:

Thank you, SS!! You rock :)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
My SS ROCKS!!!! :thumb: I got a set of Dirtrag pint glasses, a park tool pint glass & opener and the 'Lil Monkey will be outfitted in her awesome new attire as soon as I pick her up from the sitter's!

I'll post the most important pics a little later :D

Thank you SO much Brungeman!!! You're awesome!

Merry Christmas to all!!!!
that is fantastic! I hope you needed pint glasses and an opener, I saw that you got some for your elf, and was like DOH!

I didn't know what size to send, so I sent a few (that should keep her stylin for a while :thumb: )

Merry Christmas to you!

(ps... How did you know it was me?:D )

how did you like the bow?:rofl:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I woke up to a package on my doorstep from Kona!! 2 pairs of Verge socks and a sweet Kona beanie. Awesome! Here's hoping the cold weather comes soon so I can show it off :biggrin:

Thank you, SS!! You rock :)

I'm glad it arrived safe and sound. Konaworld isn't the swiftest place to order stuff from I've discovered.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
My package arrived today (at least DHL said so), but alas, my elf hasn't been on RM for 3 weeks so I don't know for sure. :(
I did receive the gift last night..sorry I have not been on much, the new job has me busy with training and no easy access to a computer. I love the gift and will post pics tonight, thanks again. :)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Got it dude, thanks! From the moment I saw the box my toes started tingling :D I took some pics with my camera phone but haven't had a chance to mail them to my work account yet. To summarize, DRB hooked it up first class:

Chimay gift pack with 3 Trappiste beers from Belguim, with a really nice Chimay glass. Chimay is awesome beer, the blue in particular is one of my favorites.

Some Smartwool socks. Wearing them right now. My toes are happy.

A framed picture :D

A $22 donation in my name to a food bank :thumb:

Over the top dude, thanks a million! Pics this afternoon hopefully.
I saw that I got you and knew immediately the picture was going to be part of the present. That photo makes me laugh everytime I think about it for some bizarre reason. I had some help with getting the photo but won't rat them out.

Glad you liked the gifts because for the amount of crap I've dished out over the years I figured I needed to hook you up a little.

As always Stosh thanks for making this happen, its a cool thing and I love to participate.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Woohoo!!! I just got my stuff from my Secret Santa!! Thanks Heidi!!

Not only did she hook it up with some extra virgin olive oil (sweet!) but she also gave me bling-socks! A card with a tambourine on it!

Thanks!!!

Attachments

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
I did receive the gift last night..sorry I have not been on much, the new job has me busy with training and no easy access to a computer. I love the gift and will post pics tonight, thanks again. :)
whew, glad it made it. Be careful on the fuzzy part of the gift. All I could find were white and had to dye it. The dye may still run just a tad.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Hey hey hey now. Let's not make this about dollar amounts. Super dope gift indeed. But if that's what I spent on my elf I'd be kinda shy if y'all were bugging out about the $$$ spent instead of just rolling along with the fun of everyone else's giftacular's.

And I'm not just saying this because DHDiva got a few pairs of used socks, a previously enjoyed pint glass and a late freebie DVD. (Don't worry Diva, I washed the socks and the glass before shipping.)

While I know it will be obvious to Carrie that the socks weren't used, it might not be as obvious about the pint glass. I assure you it's new, ordered from the shop directly. Now the DVD, it will indeed come to me as a freebie. D'oh!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Much better, thank you.

Now if you can sing a few carols too I imagine Stosh will put you on the A list for next year's SS.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Hey hey hey now. Let's not make this about dollar amounts. Super dope gift indeed. But if that's what I spent on my elf I'd be kinda shy if y'all were bugging out about the $$$ spent instead of just rolling along with the fun of everyone else's giftacular's.
:stupid:

In case not everyone knows, James at least used to be (I assume still is) an industry guy, and used to work for Giant. So he's probably not paying retail :)

Sweet gift, for sure... Lucky dog-- err, monkey!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
sirknight, maybe your elf is in a similar situation as I am; where I had to give an address that I don't visit daily because my main location has horrendous delivery service, FedEx, UPS and USPS, doesn't matter, they've all proven themselves practically worthless. Maybe they feel since I live in the ghetto, good service isn't a requirement. (more details on my post about this at the top of page 31 of this thread)

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
And I'm not just saying this because DHDiva got a few pairs of used socks, a previously enjoyed pint glass and a late freebie DVD. (Don't worry Diva, I washed the socks and the glass before shipping.)
[/COLOR]
Man, I was wondering why the box smelled so funny! Beer residue and stinky feet, Pe-uw! ;)

P.S. You are still a goddess, and my presents were so fantastically perfect I'm really starting to wonder if perhaps you're stalking me......:brow: