Quantcast

OH LOURDES

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Both Myriam and Amaury have almost zero upper lips in their mouths. I maintain that gives them and aerodynamic advantage.

I have no proof, but neither I have doubt about it.
Wouldn't that make the brits win everything? I was always under the impression UK is a no lip country.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
AWESOME race! France are just so strong just now. But still a pretty solid showing from us with 4 Brits in the lower half of the top 10.

oh... GWIN didn't beat that trailbike.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Wouldn't that make the brits win everything? I was always under the impression UK is a no lip country.
Shady's theory is wrong.
Myriam and Amoury's advantage actually has nothing to do with their aerodynamic lips but comes from their big prominant chins weighting their front tyres MOAR and increasing grip

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Shady's theory is wrong.
Myriam and Amoury's advantage actually has nothing to do with their aerodynamic lips but comes from their big prominant chins weighting their front tyres MOAR and increasing grip
First asses, now lips? Man...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
gah, I logged in just in time to catch the final 1.5 riders. tried rewinding to watch more of the race, but the broadcast cut out and now I have to wait for the replay to be uploaded. oh well. I'm at work, this will give me a break later on I guess.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
gah, I logged in just in time to catch the final 1.5 riders. tried rewinding to watch more of the race, but the broadcast cut out and now I have to wait for the replay to be uploaded. oh well. I'm at work, this will give me a break later on I guess.
Why you working on a Sunday? :confused:

Just watched the race, what a good one! So many moments.

I was rooting for Finn or Dakota. Must feel good to finally beat Loic, eh? :D

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Wow. Amaury looks like that dude standing in your grocery store trying to figure out how much Sudafed he can buy before they alert the authorities, and then he just goes and kills it.
The nose stud is a special touch.

Edit: A couple of observations:
  • Racing age: There were fewer than a handful of qualifiers born in the 1980s. It appears that the prime racing age (as correlated with results, at a glance) is around 25. I'd love to see an analysis of this over the season.
  • Equipment: It was great to see few mechanicals and flats. I feel like this course was eating bikes alive a few years ago.

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I mean, I would take a Roots and Rain for bum shots of the ladies, especially with these form-fitting outfits.Just sayin'. Rears and Rumps?

(Doc says it's bifocals for me next year. I can't wait to see how that impacts my riding. At least I'll have another excuse for being slow.)
Told wife since I need readers as of a few months ago I'm getting surgery...I got no excuse for being slow it's genetics...

Going to tune in after class...and recap this

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'd love to see an analysis of this over the season.
Or even expand that to the last 5-10 years, has it changed much or gotten lower slightly?

Seems like the more mature women still have a firm grasp on the top spots, the men can be a wildcard.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Gwin did some dirt surfing yesterday, check his Instagram for the post. These racers are all hard as nails.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The nose stud is a special touch.

Edit: A couple of observations:
  • Racing age: There were fewer than a handful of qualifiers born in the 1980s. It appears that the prime racing age (as correlated with results, at a glance) is around 25. I'd love to see an analysis of this over the season.
  • Equipment: It was great to see few mechanicals and flats. I feel like this course was eating bikes alive a few years ago.
I don't think you can just take the current crop and assume prime is 25. Many old top contenders recently slowed down. Before Pierrons win in 2018 world cups were won by older dududes than that. Not much older but generally it was 27-32 more than 25

pizza diavola

Monkey
Dec 3, 2013
The current men's world champion is 40 years old. He did not have a great result today but I won't be surprised to see him up there again this season.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
mulally no quali
Fuck! Did any of us see the run?

I saw the Gwin Crash. That put him out? I’m tryin to get basic info on top riders.

I have to say this. I am picken Mr. Coulanges as the Man to wear the number 1 Plate. He is Savage,and God only knows why he is not under a Major Contract. He just got his Bike right before the Race? Crazy.
Avy

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Was Pierron born with 3 nuts?
Stoked for Finn, have to kind of wonder what if Loris stayed on? Less than 5 seconds back with a crash makes me think he could have won.
What a race

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
That's been the story with Loris for years.

It turns out that making it to the bottom without crashing is a key component of racing.

Edit: Holy fudge at that POV from Pierron.

Last edited:

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Gary, I grabbed some material for you for your next bathroom break:

2.png

1.png

Now you can guess male or female. Good luck!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its kind of hard to portray, maybe there's a picture out there somewhere?

But how did he not lose it here, his bike is pretty much pointed perpendicular to the direction he needs to be going...
1648500208743.png