Quantcast

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Ever since they boosted the Z06, the ZR1 kinda lost its oomph. I will forever remember the 5 minutes I spent beating on the '09 ZR1 in the back lot of Russ Chevy. They hounded me for a month after that and wouldn't let anyone else test drive it without paperwork beforehand (was listed for $68k with 16k miles). :rofl:

I have yet to drive the C7Z (or any C7 actually), but the difference from the Z06 to ZR1 is very minimal since they kinda blew the wad on the Z06. The Grand Sport (if only it cam in a 6 speed manual) would be my ultimate. I will likely retire in a C6Z the way God intended unless the lottery hits, then the mid engine will be my demise.
The C7s sure look weird but apparently drive well. Buddy has a C6 Z06, did heads, cam, exhaust and tune, it's well over 700hp. Barely idles but destroyed a hellcat. Neat cars and getting pretty cheap these days.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
We need to also remind ourselves that Toshi had a single car accident in a WRX.

wasn't he adamant that this was the best autocross car (a bloated top heavy car with a glass transmission and motor that can barely make 50 more hp without popping gaskets...) then went to an anemic RX8 or something?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
wasn't he adamant that this was the best autocross car (a bloated top heavy car with a glass transmission and motor that can barely make 50 more hp without popping gaskets...) then went to an anemic RX8 or something?
Sounds about right, although I wouldn't call the WRX top heavy.

I have a coworker who is on his 3rd engine in his RX8 with only 80k miles.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Sounds about right, although I wouldn't call the WRX top heavy.

I have a coworker who is on his 3rd engine in his RX8 with only 80k miles.
It's got a fairly high COG, but I guess it's par for the course for a family sedan turned sports sedan. Not surprising on the RX8. It seems like people can barely give them away used these days.

edit. checked locally. ave price is like 3k. tons of used ones for 1k with motor problems. Most have rebuilds or new motors. Some with low kms and rebuilt motors for 6k. lol. what a bad product.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Not surprising on the RX8. It seems like people can barely give them away used these days.

edit. checked locally. ave price is like 3k. tons of used ones for 1k with motor problems. Most have rebuilds or new motors. Some with low kms and rebuilt motors for 6k. lol. what a bad product.
Because rotary motors are shit. Really fun if you drive them right, but also shit. You really need to enjoy tearing motors down every other week if you buy one.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Guy down the street bought a brand spanking new RX8 a couple years back. I don't it went 18 months before it started OBVIOUSLY burning oil. :rofl:
I had '85 back in high school and beat the shit out the thing. fun car but i did have to add lots of oil between changes

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The C7s sure look weird but apparently drive well. Buddy has a C6 Z06, did heads, cam, exhaust and tune, it's well over 700hp. Barely idles but destroyed a hellcat. Neat cars and getting pretty cheap these days.
Mine was $14k and only had 72k miles on a 14 year old car. After my buddy got his '05 C6 for $16k, so I went shopping. When the C7 came out, a ton of low mile C5/6 hit the market. I'm at maybe 400hp, but it does 1.2G in a turn. :D

Guy down the street bought a brand spanking new RX8 a couple years back. I don't it went 18 months before it started OBVIOUSLY burning oil. :rofl:
My nephew bought one last year and was stoked. A month later the check engine light came on and it's been parked ever since. I am trying to talk him into an aluminum LS 5.3 swap.

@Toshi had a love/hate for the RX8. :rofl:

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

When I see scenes like this I am reminded of how most folks think that these buildings should be torn down. I always hope that somebody will come along and fix them up. They sold for $3 each. The city sells you the house for $3 but the commonwealth charges sales tax at the assessed value then you have to pay closing costs and fix all the housing infractions, pay liens, and the old water bills. All within 30 days of closing. Comps nearby are $370K. They let you slide on unpaid taxes though. 9, 13, 15, and 17.
9 is structurally deficient. 11,13 is the store and has 3 units paid for by the NRiA. 15 is pristine but lost its C of O. 17 is fully occupied and earns $3k a month.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

When I see scenes like this I am reminded of how most folks think that these buildings should be torn down. I always hope that somebody will come along and fix them up. They sold for $3 each. The city sells you the house for $3 but the commonwealth charges sales tax at the assessed value then you have to pay closing costs and fix all the housing infractions, pay liens, and the old water bills. All within 30 days of closing. Comps nearby are $370K. They let you slide on unpaid taxes though. 9, 13, 15, and 17.
9 is structurally deficient. 11,13 is the store and has 3 units paid for by the NRiA. 15 is pristine but lost its C of O. 17 is fully occupied and earns $3k a month.
cool buildings, i like the coal doors on the foundation.
where?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Just as I dont understand why people wait to report such things, I also dont understand the sense of entitlement that drives a person to think that they can do such things. WTF is wrong with people? If some moron whipped out his junk and started to wank in front of me, I would point and laugh, walk out and then sell my story to the highest bidder.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I come for to sing.jpg

This was a group that my Father sang in in the 50s. They traveled the country doing shows...the hat guy is Studs Terkel, a Chicago writer, next to him is Winn Stracke and next to him is Big Bill Broonzy. On the far right is my Dad. Stracke started the Olde Town School of Folk Music, a Chicago music school notable for edjumakating many musical types, and Broonzy is a blues legend. And my Dad, of course, fathered me...

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
"Fox News legal analyst Mercedes Colwin" is just as guilty as those who whip it out in front of people expecting something in return. Hannity is scum...but what else is new.