Quantcast

Road bike:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Was fooling around with my bike and found that the "carbon seatpost" is actually aluminum, but with a carbon wrap. Bummer right? Well, I was rooting around in my attic and found a Thomson post that fits teh roadie!

Awesome!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Was fooling around with my bike and found that the "carbon seatpost" is actually aluminum, but with a carbon wrap. Bummer right? Well, I was rooting around in my attic and found a Thomson post that fits teh roadie!

Awesome!
Yeah. I swapped my "carbon" post out pretty quick once I realized that my Thomson used for DH'ing: fits, is about a pound lighter, and I trust it more.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
I bought a Trek last year so I could ride with BigT, instead of her riding with me. I'm stronger, and quicker than I was, and have more explosive acceleration since I started riding the road.

I guess crossing traffic off the line into a full-on sprint helps.

SpikeJones

Chimp
Nov 2, 2006
In Der Fuhrer's face
nice...

if you are into that sort of gay roadie fag thing.
I really liked seeing the triple ring on that bike, confirming your notion.

The only way to be non-GRS on a skinny tired bike is to reduce the number of rings and cogs by as much as possible:

Scored off of craigslist for $25, added a few parts bin parts and spent about $30 on tires and a chain.

The GRS brigade has no idea of what just zipped past them.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
The GRS brigade has no idea of what just zipped past them.
What was that? You mean, barring how much fun a fixie is, they're quite possibly some of the most non-functional bicycles made?

:p

Sick bike Burlypants. Lose the triple. First you turn into a hippie, then you put bees on your XC bike, and now a triple? I'm beginning to lose faith in your manhood...

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
What was that? You mean, barring how much fun a fixie is, they're quite possibly some of the most non-functional bicycles made?

Sick bike Burlypants. Lose the triple. First you turn into a hippie, then you put bees on your XC bike, and now a triple? I'm beginning to lose faith in your manhood...
Geezus, I had no idea how trendy I have to be now that I have a road bike. Cant have that third ring hanging off there. No way I'll fit in with teh cool roadie fags.

It's a training tool, not a lifestyle choice you dorks.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
No way I'll fit in with teh cool roadie fags.
Au contraire, you will fit in with teh cool roadie fag ATTORNEYS.

We're only telling you for your own good...think of it as the bird and the bees talk for buying road bikes.

:biggrin:

You know, I really shouldn't talk considering the "small" ring on my "road" bike is a 36...

SpikeJones

Chimp
Nov 2, 2006
In Der Fuhrer's face
Your immense amount of life experience has shamed me. I shall immediately sell both of my fixed gear bikes because you deem them "non-functional".

Got $5000?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Generally the folks who give you **** about riding a triple are the roadie posers you want to avoid.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Your immense amount of life experience has shamed me. I shall immediately sell both of my fixed gear bikes because you deem them "non-functional".

Got $5000?
I do. I won it racing some teenagers up a mountain in North Carolina.

SpikeJones

Chimp
Nov 2, 2006
In Der Fuhrer's face
It's a training tool, not a lifestyle choice you dorks.
Obviously. If it were a lifestyle choice, you would have known that a functional lightweight from the 70's is plenty of bike for the money and would make a fine "training tool". The lifestyle choice here appears to be "buy first, ask questions later" and garner post-purchase approval.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Obviously. If it were a lifestyle choice, you would have known that a functional lightweight from the 70's is plenty of bike for the money and would make a fine "training tool". The lifestyle choice here appears to be "buy first, ask questions later" and garner post-purchase approval.
Oh darn, I didnt garner the approval of a middle-aged, lonely, Magnum P.I. mustache wearing tool who somehow manages to constantly get himself banned from a pretty accepting and liberal cycling site. Woe is me. How ever will I make it?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Hey GFTJ, wanna teach me how to road ride? Come down and ride Natchez, or I can head up to LBL.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five

Losing the triple would be expensive. New crank, new front derailleur, new shifters, and new chain, and probably a new rear derailleur to do it properly.

Quit making fun of him, he bought a roadbike, his manhood is already getting smaller and cancerous.

The Ito

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Here. It has a the Reynolds fork, as I am afraid to sell it to the guy as big as he is with a full carbon fork. The WCS cranks are in a box, so I am selling it with Truvativ Roleurs.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Losing the triple would be expensive. New crank, new front derailleur, new shifters, and new chain, and probably a new rear derailleur to do it properly.

Quit making fun of him, he bought a roadbike, his manhood is already getting smaller and cancerous.

The Ito
If he would've had the LBS install a bash we wouldn't be having this conversation...