Quantcast

Semenuk. Oh. My. God.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
you wouldn't believe it even if he did because it would be in contradiction to the swiss superior universe you have built up in your head

your pointy, hair only on top, genetically inferior cone shaped head...
im not swiss so i can still acknowledge the other good cheeses from italy and france. made from raw milk, because freedum.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
HEY RIDEMONKEY, TIME TO STEP UP!

WHO WANTS TO THROW DOWN 20 BUCKS TO SEE GARY IN 'CLEVER?'

<<THIS GUY = IN
growing up in the windiest part of the UK I've dressed clever all my life mate.
But I'll gladly take your 20bucks. Could probably buy a house and retire with it and never have a need for clothing again.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
dammit. you made me look it up. Cairnsmore sounds like an awesome cheese... aged, hard, raw ewe's milk... it hits all the elements of what makes my favourite cheese in the whole wide world: Ossau Iraty... :drool:Though a good Tomme de Savoie can really take me away...sometimes you can taste the wildflowers from the alpine pastures.... goddammit. Now I want to travel again.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
dammit. you made me look it up. Cairnsmore sounds like an awesome cheese... aged, hard, raw ewe's milk... it hits all the elements of what makes my favourite cheese in the whole wide world: Ossau Iraty... :drool:Though a good Tomme de Savoie can really take me away...sometimes you can taste the wildflowers from the alpine pastures.... goddammit. Now I want to travel again.

this is the cheese speciality store in store at my local supermarket:

1707321674463.jpeg

1707321783795.jpeg

1707321827622.jpeg

temperature and humidity controlled, they offer about 250 varieties. everytime i shop there i try something new :banana:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I haven't read this thread. Semenuk is a kind of cheese? Guess it's good based on the thread title? I will see if it's available at my local cheesery.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
bastard. I'm sure you'll get lots of hate for posting that, but goddam am I ever jealous... those Tommes look... out of this world. they're one of the hardest cheeses to get out here.
thats of course only the speciality department, it also has a huge selection of pre packaged cheeses, lots of types and brands of raclette and a huge selection of fresh and ready mix cheese fondue with all the different style from all over the country

it lacks though in french cheeses, they are quite patriotic here unfortunately

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
thats of course only the speciality department, it also has a huge selection of pre packaged cheeses, lots of types and brands of raclette and a huge selection of fresh and ready mix cheese fondue with all the different style from all over the country

it lacks though in french cheeses, they are quite patriotic here unfortunately
every once in a while I'll watch some of this guys' videos... https://www.youtube.com/@luisieraffineur/featured

he uses "nonante" for 90, so he's either swiss or belgian... I'm guessing swiss...

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
This maybe the cheesest thread drift ever.

I think of the finest version of American cheese being queso blanco país.

But that is another story.