Quantcast

Spring MonkeyFest 2005 at Pisgah NF

Lwac

Chimp
Dec 5, 2001
Asheville, NC
I will have just barely passed my 50th by April. Since I haven't seen anyone else willing to admit it - I'd like qualify as the first "fun phart".

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
haha! Lwac didnt i meet you at mike nix house a while back on bent creek trail day?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
genpowell71 said:
A couple of friends and I are down for it. Give me some contact info please...
just send me or biggins a PM if you need any info. it'd be cool if you came, but dont get mad if there's kids there trail riding on $4K bikes. ;)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
splat said:
Hmmm , I'm thinking about this.

It is an 8 hr drive for me to get to DC, how far is it from DC ?
Wow, that's a haul. Id say at least another 6 or 7 from DC if not a bit more, depending on how you drive. Pisgah is real cool though, from what Im told.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
the camp sites are North white pines and south white pines group cmapground. The total cost for the two sites for two nights is gonna 178. they have composting toilets and water at the sites. there is a lot of riding and fly fishing there.the more people come the cheaper the camping. if 50 people show up then camping for both nights would be around the 4 dollar mark. we will be camping within 10 minutes of lots of trails and we will also be close to Dupont State forest which has some very unique riding over lots of slickrock type terrain. There will be lots of shuttlable trails as well as xc loops and the road riding there is awesome as well.

everyone will need to bring their own food/utinsels/camping gear/toiletries.

i am working on getting prizes from local shops around the southeast to give out for things such as farthest traveled participant and biggest pile up etc.

Do you mean this one?

White Pines Group Campground

Elevation: 2,600 Feet (810.5 Meters)
Number of Sites: 2 25 people per site, tents only
Reservation Status: Required Call: 877-444-6777

General Description

White Pines Group Campground offers 2 sites permitted up to 25 people at each site. The area offers fresh drinking water, fishing, hiking and restrooms.

Directions from Brevard, NC:
Travel US 276 northwest for approximately 2 miles turning right onto Forest Service Road 477. Follow signs for recreation area.

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Tempting. I haven't ridden since I moved. Guess I turned into one of those Hank Jr. crankin spinnin downuts in the gravels kwad riders.

I'll talk to my brother in law, we might be able to hit this up before we start spring field work.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Anyone wanna give me a brief rundown of whats gonna happen? caus i was a moron and didnt pay attention to this thread till it was 8 pages long

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
ahhhh dude... so this thing's happening the week before the asheville street comp?? no way i can make the 16 hour drive 2 weekends in a row... and i can't take a week offa work either. sucks!

BTW, i got my copy of Jib2 and saw our footage from montford gap and other asheville street... wallride over the bigginsmobile! brought back some great memories...

bigginsr

Chimp
Aug 29, 2004
bigginsr will be there. who knows, maybe even bigginsmom. must suck to have to work.
i'll be there for monkey fest and mountain sports festival. thinking about one of those
pull behind grills that can cook lots of stuff. nothing free but beer will be accepted
as payment. let me or biggins know.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
yes the weekend after the southesast gathering. the comp will be that saturday with as usual a huge street ride the night before and hopefully no broken arms this time.