Quantcast

Spring MonkeyFest 2005 at Pisgah NF

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
genpowell71 said:
Are you kidding me? You asked and was answered that question already. LOOK AT PAGE 6 BUTT-BROWNIE!!!!
Ha, you said page 6!!! Change your user setting NOOB!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Here's the deal I can't commit till the snowy season is over up here. Reason being my GF has only 3 snowdays a year and her school has already used them. If they use anymore thoes days will be taken out of spring recess which is the weekend of this monkeyfest.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh you bastard why are you screwing this up for everyone. snowdays WTF? is your girl in highschool or something?

edit:so this means she is coming with you? :devil: :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
biggins said:
stosh you bastard why are you screwing this up for everyone. snowdays WTF? is your girl in highschool or something?

edit:so this means she is coming with you? :devil: :D
She's actually in Elementary School.............

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
count me and my crew in. i just dont know the campground you guys are talkin about. so if you could just pm me if thats cool. you guys got me all excited now ive been looking for something like this to do.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
so, how about an update on the Monkeyfest. Date and locations and other stuff. This thread is getting too big for me to go check all of the pages. yes yes, dial-up.

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Any of the other Triangle monkeys going to attend? Lux?? (he aint really Triangle, but we let him hang :D ) Mark, you going? I just cleared the tower for take-off, so I'm for sure going to this. Sounds like its going to be a good time.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
gastrocnemius said:
It's the weekend of April 23-24. You can follow us up or catch a ride. Is Bates or anyone else from GSO going or are you just bringing the usual flock of motomike groupie girls?
mmmmm, both?!?! ok, not really sure if he is going. Hell, he doesn't even know about it yet. But he will come when I tell him to.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Bushwhacker said:
Any of the other Triangle monkeys going to attend? Lux?? (he aint really Triangle, but we let him hang :D ) Mark, you going? I just cleared the tower for take-off, so I'm for sure going to this. Sounds like its going to be a good time.
I should be there :thumb:

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Bushwhacker said:
Dunno yet. I'd love to go, but with the nature of my work, I never can plan too far ahead. I'll keep in touch. As the date gets closer I'll know what's up.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
santacruzed said:
what happens at this "monkey fest"???? i assume riding but what else?
we play rummy and drink powdered fiber drinks all weekend. sometimes people have been known to get crazy and not wear a depends all day. its awesome.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
How much shuttling is going to be taking place?
I am still trying to decide on a bike to bring. (as if it really matters...i will prolly have to push my xc bike up some of those Pisgah climbs :rolleyes: )

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
TN said:
How much shuttling is going to be taking place?
I am still trying to decide on a bike to bring. (as if it really matters...i will prolly have to push my xc bike up some of those Pisgah climbs :rolleyes: )
What are your options?

Can you bring more then 1?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
collin you know where there is biggins there is going to be primarily shuttling.
He is a big big liar. He made me and my friends go on this death march of a climb, we are from FLORIDA for christs sakes. It was 82 miles of climbing, but we drove to the trail head, thats not exactly shuttling! :blah:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
He is a big big liar. He made me and my friends go on this death march of a climb, we are from FLORIDA for christs sakes. It was 82 miles of climbing, but we drove to the trail head, thats not exactly shuttling! :blah:
dude it was only 79 miles of climbing, but that half mile downhill was sooooo worth it.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Well, La is bringing her Sugar....so I have a choice between my sugar (which I really dont want to put her through any DHing) or my imp or La's Bullit. I would like to do an epic trail ride (for me that is about a 12 miler :D ) but I want to taste some sweet pisgah DHing too. 2 bikes is always better than 1, so I might bring the sugar & a suitable DH bike. :think:

TN said:
Well, La is bringing her Sugar....so I have a choice between my sugar (which I really dont want to put her through any DHing) or my imp or La's Bullit. I would like to do an epic trail ride (for me that is about a 12 miler :D ) but I want to taste some sweet pisgah DHing too. 2 bikes is always better than 1, so I might bring the sugar & a suitable DH bike. :think:

Hey bring yar dub collection,esp King Tubby .

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
LOOnatic said:
Hey bring yar dub collection,esp King Tubby .
dub is always in the car for road trips, as well as big bag of sacrament from the islands (or BC). ;)

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
yeh i deffinatly remember that ride biggins the dh was deffinatly worth it lol. and yeh guys if im on the roster your damn straight there is going to be shuttling so i suggest bring the bullit cause it can do it all.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I am still coming and Im bringing only my Surly 1x1. I got nine stiches in my knee right now tho.