Quantcast

Star Wars: Force Awakens Thread (Spoiler Alert)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Looks like the early buzz on Rogue One is all very positive after the world premiere. Then again, so was the early buzz on Superman v Batman. I am starting to think the industry insiders and celebrities who get invited to those premieres only say positive things so they'll keep getting invited to more of them.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Buddy of mine bought out the local ghetto theatre for a semi private showing. They wouldn't do a full private show, but they agreed to rope off the good seats as reserved for him. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Looks like the early buzz on Rogue One is all very positive after the world premiere. Then again, so was the early buzz on Superman v Batman. I am starting to think the industry insiders and celebrities who get invited to those premieres only say positive things so they'll keep getting invited to more of them.
if its worth anything, george lucas had a more positive reaction to rogue one than force awakens.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
He drives GT-R to cinema?

:dirol:

He drives that bitch everywhere. He got a hell of a deal and worked his ass off last year to afford it.

Ghetto cinema:

$10 for Adult + $2 reserve seat charge per seat. I guess $12 seemed cheap as hell to me.He bought 100 seats.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I just saw rogue one, and it was pretty awesome.
two borat-thumbs up. great success

note: star wars premieres are extraordinarily freaky. several full grown adults in jedi robes and life sized lightsabers... my wife went from amused to creeped out in 60 seconds.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Pretty damn good. It has it's flaws, but overall pretty damn good.

ANH
Empire
Rogue One
Revenge of the Sith
ROJ/Phantom Menace
Force Awakens
Attack of the Clones

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
He didn't...he liked it more after seeing it again, and fuck George Lucas for the episode 1-3 hack jobs.
i hope when it comes out the original cut is available...the cut that is even more non kid friendly than this...

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Phantom being anywhere other than the bottom of the list renders your list null and void.
Phantom Menace sucked, but it's still more re-watchable then Attack of the Clones, and surprisingly more rewatchable then Force Awakens to me. Attack of the Clones has the worst dialog I've ever heard in a movie, and Force Awakens made learning the force trivial and had an emo teenager for a bad guy (not to mention a ridiculous amount of fan service). At least Phantom had pod racing and Darth Maul.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Phantom Menace sucked, but it's still more re-watchable then Attack of the Clones, and surprisingly more rewatchable then Force Awakens to me. Attack of the Clones has the worst dialog I've ever heard in a movie, and Force Awakens made learning the force trivial and had an emo teenager for a bad guy (not to mention a ridiculous amount of fan service). At least Phantom had pod racing and Darth Maul.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yea, but phantom had: