Quantcast

Star Wars: Force Awakens Thread (Spoiler Alert)

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey is due 12/15. Release is 12/15. I told her she's going to have to keep the baby in at least for an extra couple of hours.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
curiosity got the best of me and i googled. and googled. thankfully i wasn't able to find it.

let me know once you get into rebels.
i finished rebels a couple months ago.
wow!, the last season, and the 2nd half of the one before were amazing (the first one, not so much). clone-wars quality good.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i finished rebels a couple months ago.
wow!, the last season, and the 2nd half of the one before were amazing (the first one, not so much). clone-wars quality good.
yea, from the latter half of the second season onward was just top notch. new season starts next week, for the US at least.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
oh yeah, am I the only one who thought the trailer sucked?

i mean... did we just saw old luke in the trailer? and he was scared? snoke face was already shown? will rey and kylo ren switch sides?
i think the trailer gives away way too much information...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I never saw this movie, doubt I will see the new one. Just wasn't feeling it, I guess. Maybe I'm old, maybe I just had a different vision of where the series would go. The prequels left a bad taste in my mouth.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Early reviews seem good (93% on Rotten Tomatoes). Then again I seem to like a lot of shit those reviews don't like. Batman v Superman, I am looking at you!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I have very low expectations, since we all saw that light can travel way faster than light and the entire galaxy can watch something happen in real time by looking up, a huge monster death-star evidently doesn't have enough fighters to deal with about 7 rebel fighters, the bigass star destroyer is evidently only equipped with 2 turbolasers and has no other beam weapons to shoot down ships, and all along you could just hyperspace past the shields. Oh yeah, a group manages to evade detection on said planet killer where everyone is looking for them and "fight to the death" stormtrooper boss is nice enough to lower the shields, rather than die. It all makes fuck-all sense and is just a bunch of in your face unbelievable scene after unbelievable scene trying to have as much moving around action to distract you from the shitty story line.

What was great about the first series was how they made you imagine stuff, how they filled in little gaps so well that everything seemed seamless, even though it didn't have. It didn't seem plausible that they escaped the Death Star...but it was revealed that they "let them escape", vs. are you telling me an entire star destroyer full of fighters and gunz can't stop one freaking ship from leaving? It's just a fucking transformers movie that happens to be called "star wars".

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I have very low expectations, since we all saw that light can travel way faster than light and the entire galaxy can watch something happen in real time by looking up, a huge monster death-star evidently doesn't have enough fighters to deal with about 7 rebel fighters, the bigass star destroyer is evidently only equipped with 2 turbolasers and has no other beam weapons to shoot down ships, and all along you could just hyperspace past the shields. Oh yeah, a group manages to evade detection on said planet killer where everyone is looking for them and "fight to the death" stormtrooper boss is nice enough to lower the shields, rather than die. It all makes fuck-all sense and is just a bunch of in your face unbelievable scene after unbelievable scene trying to have as much moving around action to distract you from the shitty story line.

What was great about the first series was how they made you imagine stuff, but how they filled in gaps so well that you weren't left wondering about how things worked or how there. It didn't seem plausible that they escaped the Death Star...but it was revealed that they "let them escape", vs. are you telling me an entire star destroyer full of fighters and gunz can't stop one freaking ship from leaving? It's just a fucking transformers movie that happens to be called "star wars".
That's a quality rant! :rofl:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Am sitting right now at the movies.... film will start in about 20 minutes....

Wont spoil
I left the theater at 3am last night; now that am kinda alert... i dont know where to begin, actually.
the movie, itself... wtf disney?

"the stars wars you know, only cooler!... as written by a 10 years old"... that´s the best review of the movie I have read online so far.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I left the theater at 3am last night; now that am kinda alert... i dont know where to begin, actually.
the movie, itself... wtf disney?

"the stars wars you know, only cooler!... as written by a 10 years old"... that´s the best review of the movie I have read online so far.
Now you've said too much! :homer:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I liked it better than the previous reboot. Brought my son and his friends for birthday and had a great time. Not sure why but I am a fan of emo Ren it's just not always easy being evil.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I used to like starwars but im over it because of all the “LOOK AT ME I LOVE STARWARS SO MUCH!!!11” crowd.
Fucking attention whores who only “love” the movie to look cool on insta. Its almost become a race who loves starwars the most these days.

The old movies were cool at the time but to be honest, i dont think they held up that well.
The new ones are just another Disney cash cow.

Have fun watching them twice in theaters just so you can tweet about it fuckin sheeple...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

What was great about the first series was how they made you imagine stuff, how they filled in little gaps so well that everything seemed seamless, even though it didn't have. It didn't seem plausible that they escaped the Death Star...but it was revealed that they "let them escape", vs. are you telling me an entire star destroyer full of fighters and gunz can't stop one freaking ship from leaving? It's just a fucking transformers movie that happens to be called "star wars".
Furthermore...if the Emperor is so allfuckingpowerful, and the Force is so badass and omnipotent and stuff, then why cant he see into the future and no exactly what is going to happen anyway? And why is Luke and Anakin before him so damn whiny? I have always thought the series is more about R2D2 and C3PO anyway...

But they are getting my $12 on Tuesday anyway. Call me a sucker.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
rogue one...still the best.
I agree with this assessment. I still like Last Jedi though. Some of you guys go to the movie expecting too much. Two hour entertaining distraction? Check. Also, $6 matinee at the La-Z-Boy theater, plus I got a free large bucket of popcorn and I ate the whole thing because I am a fucking pig. No buttery liquid added though.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I agree with this assessment. I still like Last Jedi though. Some of you guys go to the movie expecting too much. Two hour entertaining distraction? Check. Also, $6 matinee at the La-Z-Boy theater, plus I got a free large bucket of popcorn and I ate the whole thing because I am a fucking pig. No buttery liquid added though.
Good point, plus in 20 years we’ll learn how the producers and directors were all rapey.