Quantcast

The last person to post a picture from their last bike ride wins access to the white courtesy phone.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Found this after stopping to clear dog shit off the trail that was most likely left by a passive aggressive hiker with a dog who thinks only they should be on the trails, despite the fact that the trails were built for and maintained by mountain bikers. I've found enough poops recently to know it's probably one jerk responsible for this. But I digress...

View attachment 128701
Do people pickup dog poo in dog poo bags and then hang it from the trees down there?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
No, people here are too fat and lazy to go to that much effort.
LUCKY.

I mean, poo is poo and poo sucks. But I'd rather have poo on my tires and shoes than have to dodge it like fuckin' live grenades at eye level on the trail.

I don't get it...

Anyways, sorry for the poo distraction.

Rode tonight and got my buddy out with his relic Transition Covert. Of course his ten year old front tire wouldn't hold air and hasn't been ridden since last year, so just said F it and stuck my old 27.5 wheel in the bike.

Could probably get the rear 27.5 wheel in the frame too.... If only the head angle on that frame was a little more slack.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went to some trails that got recently rebuilt due to a tornado last year (hickory trails, for you nc monkeys). nothing too tech, but a nice mix of jumps and stuff scattered throughout. one steep bermy section that was super fun. a really nice pump track and a really nice jump line that i’d like to spend more time on. a little bit far from the house bit a nice option for sure. one pump track shot (hard to capture it all) and one cool bit of trail art.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Then I got some Sedona action in a couple days later. 100mm stepcast fork works great on the XC race, even with the multi-thousand foot descents at mach 10, but in Sedona, not so much. Next time I'll bring some beefier tires that I can switch out, I think that'll help. I pinch-flatted tubeless on Highline. No carbon rim damage, but had to throw in a tube (flatted that too). Eventually I was running upwards of 40psi to just not pinch anymore and that reduced my traction to jack squat on the uphills. See my previous thread about F*ck Schwalbe.
31648313_10160195155690431_1169394740001505280_n.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Then I got some Sedona action in a couple days later. 100mm stepcast fork works great on the XC race, even with the multi-thousand foot descents at mach 10, but in Sedona, not so much. Next time I'll bring some beefier tires that I can switch out, I think that'll help. I pinch-flatted tubeless on Highline. No carbon rim damage, but had to throw in a tube (flatted that too). Eventually I was running upwards of 40psi to just not pinch anymore and that reduced my traction to jack squat on the uphills. See my previous thread about F*ck Schwalbe.
View attachment 128726
I thought that was an ebike at first. Close call.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
First ride ever with both boys yesterday. friggin awesome. little guy is such a friggin trooper. I'm astounded.

Before the ride:

Ridin:

explorin...

Their smiles were reward enough, but a little extra reward never hurt anyone...

(from my brewery tour on Friday night)

Last edited: