The MisterClean Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
MisterClean said:
Pick any trail in Southern CA that climbs over 3,000ft and is over 30 miles long with your any bike, anywhere, or any time in the next four weeks and make it worth my while. I can cover $5,000. Put up or shut up, kid.
Who else is up to racing against MisterClean? I got a hundred against. Any trail suggestions?

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
sanjuro said:
I'm in for a hundred. Any trail suggestions?
FYI, you're playing with fire and you're probably going to get seriously burned.

I'll take that bet, if you're serious.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
btw, I don't know any NorCal rides with only 3000 feet of climbing. Is it flatter in SoCal?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
justsomeguy said:
FYI, you're playing with fire and you're probably going to get seriously burned.

I'll take that bet, if you're serious.
You versus Mr. Clean? You're covered.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I'm confused...what's this?

Btw, there's plenty of options here for 3000 feet of vert in 30 miles...more like 15...but meh.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I just don't think MC will put his money against me and the rest of this board.

But I'm always in. Gambling and cycling? My two favorite activities...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If it were only in western Va I'd be in. I know a few nice 5000+ ft loops at Douthat State Park I'd feel confident with, even in my "off" season. I'd even put my old Superlight back together for it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
So who is up to race against MisterClean? I will cover anyone against MisterClean. Easy money in my opinion.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
You know guys, it really is easier to just use the IGNORE function. The guy may be a pompous ass but that doesn't mean that he doesn't ride. It's like the First Punch thread DogWelder posted... you never know who you're going up against. Just ignore the dumb butt. Maybe he'll go away.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Hey guys I bet you 5 bucks I can piss from here and hit that tree, and I bet you cant even piss over that sidewalk!!!:stosh:

this kind of thread doesn't deserve being dignified with logical responses... I think you should agree to disagree, and call it a day... then again that is entirely too logical... so go ahead and get some dribble on your shoes and enjoy your pissing contest!!!

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
sanjuro said:
btw, I don't know any NorCal rides with only 3000 feet of climbing. Is it flatter in SoCal?
You quoted me to start this thread (out of context, I might add), so let me refresh your memory: Pick any trail in Southern CA that climbs over 3,000ft and is over 30 miles long

Flail away.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
MisterClean said:
What a yawner of an "event" and boring fire road heavy course. Three hundred flailers in the mud on fire roads is not my idea of fun.
Have you ever raced? Just curious. I wouldn't mind seeing some results if you have.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
DirtyMike said:
Sanata ana River trail, its like a big super d run with a little of everything. Fun trail
It sounds like you are suggesting a shuttle run on it, calling SART a super d run. Out and back from Angelus Oaks to South Fork will not garner the required climbing/descending, nor mileage. Then again, if they want to go at it from Mentone to South Fork and back, that would fit and be all singletrack with a couple of road crossings.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
MisterClean said:
It sounds like you are suggesting a shuttle run on it, calling SART a super d run. Out and back from Angelus Oaks to South Fork will not garner the required climbing/descending, nor mileage. Then again, if they want to go at it from Mentone to South Fork and back, that would fit and be all singletrack with a couple of road crossings.

Actually i was more thinking climb up the fireroad from the store tehre in ANgelous oaks, head towards Thomas hunting grounds, hit a few of the jumps and rail teh single track, hit somemore fireroad and turn your way towards mentone catch up on the Morton peak FR down to the highway, catch back up on the riverbed over by the ranger station and finally come to an end Down at teh Cirkle k on Crafton Ave..... Nice climg, lots of a mix, Lots of pedaling. Its a fun ride, even if there is no comp or bet or anything, its a good time. I havent gone the south fork side yet myself, havent gone with anyone who knows that one, and i am not super fond of getting lost going by myself. Would love to hit that up though

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
BuddhaRoadkill said:
Well if my e-sleuthing skills are correct, he knows how to ride ... socially inept maybe, but he definately can ride. MrClean?
Your hunch is correct.

Here's a post/thread from alt.mountain-bike started by a former detractor and those who responded to it, which may or may not clarify things.

"JD is OK"

Then again, to many I'm not ok and shall remain so. The World will keep turning either way.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
DirtyMike said:
Actually i was more thinking climb up the fireroad from the store tehre in ANgelous oaks, head towards Thomas hunting grounds, hit a few of the jumps and rail teh single track, hit somemore fireroad and turn your way towards mentone catch up on the Morton peak FR down to the highway, catch back up on the riverbed over by the ranger station and finally come to an end Down at teh Cirkle k on Crafton Ave..... Nice climg, lots of a mix, Lots of pedaling. Its a fun ride, even if there is no comp or bet or anything, its a good time. I havent gone the south fork side yet myself, havent gone with anyone who knows that one, and i am not super fond of getting lost going by myself. Would love to hit that up though
Angelus Oaks to Mentone does not have 30 miles, nor 3000ft of climbing, unless it's an out and back. The descending is there though. East of Angelus Oaks, it's pretty flat to South Fork.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
MisterClean said:
What a yawner of an "event" and boring fire road heavy course. Three hundred flailers in the mud on fire roads is not my idea of fun.
Have you ever raced? Just curious. I wouldn't mind seeing some results if you have.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
E-posturing for fun and profit. Hilarious, especially when it's an adult calling out kids. Good show.

edit again: If you are serious (which I highly doubt), I think I know of a couple of kids here who would be willing to come down and seperate you from your money. I don't doubt you are in shape, but I happen to know these guys are in spectacular shape and have qualified for WC XC races - and also hold elite Downhill licenses. Hell, that's a better purse than winning a season of XC world cups...

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SilentJ said:
I thought you had put me on ignore?

Paying money to ride a trail in a crowd is ridiculous to me. I did it once, just so I could make the previous statement without being hypocritical. The results are long gone from the 'net, so even if I say I placed first in my event, I could not prove it. Then again, I didn't race to prove anything, other than how ridiculous it was to pay money to ride a crappy route in a crowd of people I don't know.

You may put me back on ignore now.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Transcend said:
edit again: If you are serious (which I highly doubt), I think I know of a couple of kids here who would be willing to come down and seperate you from your money. I don't doubt you are in shape, but I happen to know these guys are in spectacular shape and have qualified for WC XC races - and also hold elite Downhill licenses. Hell, that's a better purse than winning a season of XC world cups...

Beside the WC part, I know some people that would be down for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.