Quantcast

the random thought thread

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Corner sticks...fucking corner sticks. It drives me mad when I'm ready to get my lean on and come upon a corner that looks like a beaverlodge. And this happens on trails that dozens of people have ridden before I come to a skidding halt. If I didn't move these miserable, wooden crash rods, I'm not sure if they'd ever be removed. #coolstorybro

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Haha, just bought a new Easton EA70 handlebar that did not fit my ancient Kore stem off my DH1. Totally forgot about arbitrary cycling standards.
It isn't arbitrary, everything just keeps getting bigger. Wider thicker bars, bigger wheels, bigger tires, bigger bottom brackets, bigger cassettes, wider hubs. longer forks, longer wheelbases , wider trails etc.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Having the equivalent of a nice new car invested in a stereo system that you can not use due to TBI induced headaches really REALLY sucks. :monkey:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wonder how many dollars men have spent trying to get their wives/girlfriends to participate in MTB.
Over the years a buddy of mine tried to get his wife on a MTB. Each attempt resulted in a trip to the ER. Then 29'ers came out and now she can roll over all the little bumps just like a proper dentist.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Over the years a buddy of mine tried to get his wife on a MTB. Each attempt resulted in a trip to the ER. Then 29'ers came out and now she can roll over all the little bumps just like a proper dentist.
Props to her for trucking on. Most folks would probably give up if their burgeoning biking career resulted in repeated ER trips.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I ride alone a lot. Probably more then I ride with others. I am fine with that. I like riding with others.I realize the advantage. Not riding seems silly however....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Ah yes it has been too long since I have been visited by my old friend, the endorphin high. Did a hard 20 mile ride tonight, took a hot shower the went to the market. I was just floating along, so relaxed and loose as I walked. I cracked a big smile when I remembered this is how it felt post ride when I was much younger. Welcome back old friend, I hope you stick around

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I wonder how many dollars men have spent trying to get their wives/girlfriends to participate in MTB.
Does torn ACL surgery and post-op recovery and PT count?

I ride alone a lot. Probably more then I ride with others. I am fine with that. I like riding with others.I realize the advantage. Not riding seems silly however....
I ride alone a lot, too. Most people slow me down on the descents anyway. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Does torn ACL surgery and post-op recovery and PT count?

I ride alone a lot, too. Most people slow me down on the descents anyway. :D
There are only a few people I have ever enjoyed riding with. Need to ride with people with similar skill and fitness. I don't like being slowed down in fun sections and do not want to do that to anyone else.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
There are only a few people I have ever enjoyed riding with. Need to ride with people with similar skill and fitness. I don't like being slowed down in fun sections and do not want to do that to anyone else.
:stupid:

I get anxiety about riding with new people for that exact reason. I hate to be the one holding anyone up.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I also enjoy some solitude. A ride is a good way to get the hell away from people.

Early in the summer I had a few weeks in a row when I had to entertain out of town guests. Was pretty pumped to get out on the trails after a few weeks off. Buddy asked if I wanted to the ride in the morning. I said nope, would hit the trail later in the day. I honestly just wanted to be alone. Fucker showed up later so he could catch me on the trail. I was pretty fucking annoyed.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I also enjoy some solitude. A ride is a good way to get the hell away from people.

Early in the summer I had a few weeks in a row when I had to entertain out of town guests. Was pretty pumped to get out on the trails after a few weeks off. Buddy asked if I wanted to the ride in the morning. I said nope, would hit the trail later in the day. I honestly just wanted to be alone. Fucker showed up later so he could catch me on the trail. I was pretty fucking annoyed.