Quantcast

* Third stay *

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Have to get the house ready to bring in appliances today. Neighbor who has been helping me move stuff is taking the girls to DisneyWorld for spring break, so no help is available. Got word that the flooring won't be here until the 17th and work won't happen until the following week, so Wifey is losing her shit. Everything is getting moved back in and will be moved as needed when they are working.
Otherwise, work.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
present. coffee. allergies acting up, maybe has something to do with it being in the mid 60's yesterday.

cleaned the workshop some more last night. was more of a re-org than a purge, but i have space to have my bike workstand out without having to mission impossible around it. the saga continues.

new rear shock arrived. test fitment went better than expected, but there is some contact with the shock resi at bottom out. assessing options for a resolution.

new garmin also arrived. have realized i'm going to need extra handlebar mounts for it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sup peeps!

Work, I guess. Trying to be responsible and stay off the trails as I'm sure they are a mess right now.

Not much going on otherwise. Maybe I'll go design and build some stuff

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, you beautiful men. My early 60 minute bike workout this morning was an ass kicker and now my legs are :dead: . I do much better with those workouts when I do them later in the day, but I wanted to get it done and out of the way so I can run later when it is 70 degrees.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got the jimmy legs today and finding it hard to concentrate. A day like today where a long bike ride is the only way to go but work and weather is not making it possible.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Glorious day outside today and I have an appointment at the DMV. I bought my truck in September and I still don't have plates. The last note I got from them said I owed $244.32 that I had included a check stapled to the app that somehow got detached? No idea so I have an appointment downtown, yay.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
All jokes about angle grinders aside... we used a hydraulic press thinger to straighten up the race car door jams after a rollover (that totally wasn't my fault I swear) that might be useful here if you can find one. Opening up that space slowly with some kind of press might be better than whacking it with a ball peen. I'm wondering if you could even use a spring compressor doo-dad, but in reverse somehow, for this application?

Though if the issue is that it fits through the lower two and then bonks the more forward center tube, yeah just beat it with a mallet.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
All jokes about angle grinders aside... we used a hydraulic press thinger to straighten up the race car door jams after a rollover (that totally wasn't my fault I swear) that might be useful here if you can find one. Opening up that space slowly with some kind of press might be better than whacking it with a ball peen. I'm wondering if you could even use a spring compressor doo-dad, but in reverse somehow, for this application?

Though if the issue is that it fits through the lower two and then bonks the more forward center tube, yeah just beat it with a mallet.
i know a guy with various rolling/bending mandrels, who might be able to help. the only thing that crossed my mind is that if it gets pushed in too much it could create a weak point where the mast could buckle.

i did just find a dude in quebec on PB that apparently has a lot of xprezo spares, i'm gonna reach out to him.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
i know a guy with various rolling/bending mandrels, who might be able to help. the only thing that crossed my mind is that if it gets pushed in too much it could create a weak point where the mast could buckle.

i did just find a dude in quebec on PB that apparently has a lot of xprezo spares, i'm gonna reach out to him.
Kinda my thought as well, particularly with the ball peen solution. If you smack it and dimple it, will that be a weak point? Was thinking a press of some sort (like a little bottle nosed jack or something) to do more of a bendy-bendy would be better. But also, it's a DH bike yeah? So arguably you're not sitting on the seat all that often...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

can't you just run the shock with the resi on the other side?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Kinda my thought as well, particularly with the ball peen solution. If you smack it and dimple it, will that be a weak point? Was thinking a press of some sort (like a little bottle nosed jack or something) to do more of a bendy-bendy would be better. But also, it's a DH bike yeah? So arguably you're not sitting on the seat all that often...
yea, it's a DH bike. and i did think about that point. my only real concern is if i slam down on the saddle on a hard landing from a drop or something.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Need a new fullface, cheap. Will be climbing but probably with the helmet off anyway so I guess venting isn't a huge concern...would be nice for some of the transits/flatter sections between the DH sections on our local tho.

661 reset? 7iDP M1? Oneal Sonus Deft? Bell Sanction?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I can't help but see this thread title and think of this as the SpecialEd Demo of GMT's.