Quantcast

* Third stay *

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I'm sick of always having to handle everyone else's tools in various states of condition. Or trying to jam my tool in a place it doesn't belong to try to get something off.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Funny you mention that, I just refilled my two "T" sized cylinders and it seems cost has gone up a bit for nitro. I have 2 sets of triple bypass coil overs to do and thought gas would still be the same as last year.
I wish I could justify buying some. It's a bit of a bummer having to send my King shocks over to the West Coast for a rebuild.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I wish I could justify buying some. It's a bit of a bummer having to send my King shocks over to the West Coast for a rebuild.
Being I have 2 rigs with them I go through quite a bit of gas and seals every year. I leave one set on while rebuilding the other off the jeeps. The motos dont require much air but the triples take gobs especially when I tune for single runs and swap.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Airgas guys are here just about everyday it seems swapping out nitrogen tanks....
Sounds like it'll be pretty convenient for them to swap out your tanks then. Besides, what self respecting at home bike mechanic doesn't have their own nitrogen tank?

When you blow as many shocks as you do, it's probably the financially sound decision anyway.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Being I have 2 rigs with them I go through quite a bit of gas and seals every year. I leave one set on while rebuilding the other off the jeeps. The motos dont require much air but the triples take gobs especially when I tune for single runs and swap.
You got separate tanks for tuning, or just running Powertanks for airing up and shock rebuilds?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
A small nitrogen tank and regulator shouldn't cost too much more than shipping the shocks back and forth to King. Shockseals.com for the parts, and two beers for the process, offroad shocks are stupid easy to work on, but when you open them up, prepare to be disappointed. Kings are hot garbage inside, bare aluminum, nothing deburred, straight caveman shit, even by MTB standards.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
A small nitrogen tank and regulator shouldn't cost too much more than shipping the shocks back and forth to King. Shockseals.com for the parts, and two beers for the process, offroad shocks are stupid easy to work on, but when you open them up, prepare to be disappointed. Kings are hot garbage inside, bare aluminum, nothing deburred, straight caveman shit, even by MTB standards.
Well that would be interesting, as they claim hard ano for the reservoirs, and honing/cadmium plating for the shock body.

But I've never opened one up, so what do I know. Maybe some day I'll give it a go. Just have 2.5" remote reservoir smooth body and piggyback shocks on the truck, so nothing too crazy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Looks like the right channel RCA jack got fuckered in shipment. Although the least of your problems at this point.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
You got separate tanks for tuning, or just running Powertanks for airing up and shock rebuilds?
I always have two "T" sized cylinders in the shop for nitro, my powertanks are all Co2/air just used for tools and tires. I will only bleed nitro on the trail, never had a need to add. Start high and bleed through the week then note pressures and trail conditions on my ios notes for future reference. I will typically run max pressure at the house then be bled down to best pressures by the first few hours on the trail. I dont like to use the bumps, they are a last resort in my book.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I have yet to work on any premium bypass, coilover or even remote set up that wasnt deburred, polished or finished to my liking. My radflo's were about the best finished set but still needed some die grinder action till I was happy. Ive made some pretty cool block cylinder hones to clean up new barrels. works great.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I have yet to work on any premium bypass, coilover or even remote set up that wasnt deburred, polished or finished to my liking. My radflo's were about the best finished set but still needed some die grinder action till I was happy. Ive made some pretty cool block cylinder hones to clean up new barrels. works great.
Yea but what did you read from a stranger's account on the internet? None of this first hand experience bullshit.