Quantcast

This is what's wrong with The Industry™

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
The only YourTub bike riders worth a fuck are the Trail Peak homies. They just ride their bikes and don't say much other than "YEEEEW!!!". Most importantly, they send it pretty fucking hard.
Nate Hills has some pretty sick follow cams too. I may not watch all his videos, but Phil Kmetz can certainly ride a bike. fast.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Nate Hills has some pretty sick follow cams too. I may not watch all his videos, but Phil Kmetz can certainly ride a bike. fast.
There's a few other fast dudes (Nate for sure) but if you just wanna see some motherfuckers get on their bikes and shred the shit out of sick trails check out Trail Peaks (or that dude JordanBoostmaster if you prefer jumps and north shore stuff).

Phil is a killer on the bike but he talks a lot and doesn't generally ride a lot of incredible trails. I have my girlfriend watch his skills videos when I'm having trouble explaining a concept to her. He does a great job of actually breaking shit down in his instructionals.

if you wanna shit your pants for 6 minutes check out this one

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There's a few other fast dudes (Nate for sure) but if you just wanna see some motherfuckers get on their bikes and shred the shit out of sick trails check out Trail Peaks (or that dude JordanBoostmaster if you prefer jumps and north shore stuff).

Phil is a killer on the bike but he talks a lot and doesn't generally ride a lot of incredible trails. I have my girlfriend watch his skills videos when I'm having trouble explaining a concept to her. He does a great job of actually breaking shit down in his instructionals.

thanks for reminding me how much all my local trails blow. :(

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
thanks for reminding me how much all my local trails blow. :(
these are local to me
there're way better trrails on that hill. but a lot of it would be pretty awkward to film well without a lot of forward planning

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

i heart that vid . . .

phil's ridden a bunch of stuff around here since he moved to the area. he's definitely fast on the tight, chunky, blown out stuff in the back country. i'd have fun riding with him, but would have to give him space so i wouldn't have to listen to him, I think . . .

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

yeah... that was a sick trail. hoowee!

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
If you like that.....

(things start to get serious around about halfway through and by the end I was watching with my chin on the floor lol)
Thanks for sharing. I preferred the first video though. looked way more fun to me.
do you shuttle to the top of these trails?

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Thanks for sharing. I preferred the first video though. looked way more fun to me.
do you shuttle to the top of these trails?
The one in Humboldt is a secret trail and I don't have the info on it. The other is a good old fashioned ride to the top type deal (It's way down in SoCal so I haven't had the opportunity to ride those trails, Cali is huge, it takes about 10 hours to get from one end to the other, about as big as your whole country). The Trail Peek homies are not afraid to pedal all day to get the good shit.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Heyyyiii, let's spend $500 for a lightweight hub and then additional $150 to make it heavy again. :crazy:
who spends $500 on a FRONT hub? i know this industry is bonkers but does anyone even make an mtb front hub at $500?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
everything within an hour of my is XC :(
I feel your pain brotha. Just have to make the best of those XC trails and send every little 15 second dip and hill. :rofl:

These are the local XC trails here, but if you carry some speed down the hills and trails they are a hoot.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The one in Humboldt is a secret trail and I don't have the info on it. The other is a good old fashioned ride to the top type deal (It's way down in SoCal so I haven't had the opportunity to ride those trails, Cali is huge, it takes about 10 hours to get from one end to the other, about as big as your whole country). The Trail Peek homies are not afraid to pedal all day to get the good shit.
I've ridden a little bit of laguna (recognized some trails in that). It's a pretty neat contrast going from my personal hell on earth (socal) to some of the neatest trails in the state. That area is worth the trip.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Laguna is also where a lot of industry bro's hang out in the off season, so you can frequently spot the latest "this is what's wrong with the industry" prototype there.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
True story, I passed a guy WALKING his ebike up a hill on my ride last night.
I walked my E bike up a trail* 15 times tonight in your honour.

*It was only a sort trail back to the start of a line of jumps. it's what I'd always do at a line of jumps while chatting shit whatever the bike. just because you can ride up something easily doesn't mean you should.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
The author listens to women too much and doesn't have enough bikes.

I own 12 bikes (one being an Ebike) and hundreds of ex GFs.
If somehow I could only wrap my cold dead hands around one bike while the others burned in hell around me that bike would be a 4X hardtail.
If I could reach two the other would actually be a roadbike.

One of those ex GFs took a hammer to a bike of mine once. Moral here is: Don't trust them. or maybe it's don't get caught with your cock inside another one. I was never that great with morals.