Quantcast

Thoughts on People

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Old Man G Funk said:
Heath is here to proselytize, which is fine so long as it is asked for. Unsolicited proselytizing, however, is what we are getting, and it's why we give him a hard time. If his experiences were prevalent to an on-going discussion, that would be one thing, and from time to time we do ask what the opinions of believers are on certain things. To go about it the way he has, however, in obfuscating his objectives and trying to act like he just wanted to start an innocent discussion rubs people the wrong way, especially when it is so transparent.

Also, Heath regularly complains about being persecuted for being Xtian even though it isn't true. You aren't allowed to disagree with him on anything, else you are persecuting him for being Xtian. It's sad.
What is that guys name, he rode in Red Bull Rampage a few years back on a Balfa Minuteman, he went on a mission for three years i think. Gave up biking and the career he had going in it. People around me just couldn't get it.

I know some stuff can be too much in ones face some times, even instinctively. As religious people have to be tolerant towards followers of other religions, so must they also be towards atheists and back.
I don't want to devalue, what you say is an issue for you (and of course don't know what you have dealt with eather), but I don't feel that as a reason strong enough for somebody with a calling? to tone down his views on things existentially important to him.

Sorry if I haven't expressed my selfe correctly, hope you still understand what I mean.

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
rockwool said:
What is that guys name, he rode in Red Bull Rampage a few years back on a Balfa Minuteman, he went on a mission for three years i think. Gave up biking and the career he had going in it. People around me just couldn't get it.
I have no idea who that is. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
I know some stuff can be too much in ones face some times, even instinctively. As religious people have to be tolerant towards followers of other religions, so must they also be towards atheists and back.
I don't want to devalue, what you say is an issue for you (and of course don't know what you have dealt with eather), but I don't feel that as a reason strong enough for somebody with a calling? to tone down his views on things existentially important to him.

Sorry if I haven't expressed my selfe correctly, hope you still understand what I mean.
I'm not sure what you mean. What is a calling? Why does that give Heath the right to try and force Xtianity down all our throats?

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
N8 said:
Yeah! And why do you want to cram your liberal agenda down ours, Mr. "Global Warming"...

:rofl:
Ha ha ha. Red herring.

Global warming is not a belief system. What I've been trying to make you see is that we are experiencing a period of warmer global temperatures and that we are contributing to that temp. rise. We also need to take some measures before it gets out of hand and causes disastrous effects. This is all supported by science. Forcing me to believe that some entity lives in the sky and will punish me with hell if I don't believe in him is not science, it is a belief system. Nice try though.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Old Man G Funk said:
Ha ha ha. Red herring.

Global warming is not a belief system. What I've been trying to make you see is that we are experiencing a period of warmer global temperatures and that we are contributing to that temp. rise. We also need to take some measures before it gets out of hand and causes disastrous effects. This is all supported by science. Forcing me to believe that some entity lives in the sky and will punish me with hell if I don't believe in him is not science, it is a belief system. Nice try though.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight........... you suckle at the bosom of the Global Warming Gawd...

Old Man G Funk

Choir Boy
Nov 21, 2005
In a handbasket
N8 said:
Your belief in that assertion requires a lot of faith...
Not at all. You making an incorrect assertion about me requires no faith on my part to disbelieve in it.

Edit: BTW, if you are trying to start flame wars with me, perhaps you could just start a thread for it or stick to the one that everyone else is using so that we only junk up one thread.

second edit: That goes for you too Burly.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Old Man G Funk said:
Not at all. You making an incorrect assertion about me requires no faith on my part to disbelieve in it.

Edit: BTW, if you are trying to start flame wars with me, perhaps you could just start a thread for it or stick to the one that everyone else is using so that we only junk up one thread.

second edit: That goes for you too Burly.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,

Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
One died for your soul,

the other for your freedom.
You should thank them both.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Old Man G Funk said:
I have no idea who that is. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

I'm not sure what you mean. What is a calling? Why does that give Heath the right to try and force Xtianity down all our throats?
Have to get back to you about the calling thingie, can't translate it better right now.

He rode a hardtail with a super t onnit in the 2004 event i think. Anyways what I was trying to give an example that we all who love riding can relate to. He gave riding up for God, i.e. values to live by and for. That is what I belive Heath has done.

I don't know how much he has forced him selfe upon you and how so I can't therefore say how much abuse you should take. ;)