Quantcast

~~Thursday GMT~~~ ~

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's another beautiful morning here in central NC...there are no emails in my inbox here at work. This satisfies and frightens me all at the same time...like mid-80's Kirstie Allie.

Mellow evening at la casa....there was a scheduled move of Taco Tuesday over to Meatloaf Wednesday, so my game wasn't thrown off by the imbalance to The Force. We burned up some sticks and limbs in the firepit, and I got bit by a spider, I think....I mean, I looked down right after I got bit, and there was a spider crawling across the grass. I don't want to get accused of profiling, here....but.....let's be honest, what was that spider doing in my neighborhood? He looked suspicious...hoodie on and carrying what appeared to be a weapon....I fear'd for my life and stood my ground. My arm hasn't fallen off yet, so I think I'm OK, though.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY-OHHHH!! I had a swim on the schedule this morning, but I made a split decision to rework my schedule a little, and by that I mean I shut off the alarm clock and slept for an extra 75 minutes instead of swimming. Needless to say I am already *winning* today. Will ride later! I may or may not have to poop. I'll wait a few minutes to see how this goes before making any rash decisions.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Helped the local trail group last night in rock armoring some wet holes on some of our trails. Can't just ride them all the time. Gotta give back.

I am becoming a bit obsessive about catching the live streams from Phish's Bakers dozen. They stream the first and second set openers live for free and they are on fire right now.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I couldn't help myself but...

last night on the way home there was a guy on a crabon Special ED roadbike wearing baggies, clip in shoes wearing one of those hipster back sacks the kind with the top drawsting cords making the shoulder strapd, a ball cap, no gloves. As we came up to a red light he clipped out of his right pedal then tried to clip out of the left, he failed, lost his balance and fell over into the traffic lane. The car in his lane stopped just short of hitting him. I couldn't help but laugh.. He got up rubbing the left side of his head. I rolled down my window and said " that my friend is why you wear a helmet". he gave me that "busted look" and said yeah. light went green and i drove off.

Made damn sure my helmet was snug on last nights road ride...lol

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Wore my new 5.10s to work today to break em in a bit before this evening's ride. Hoping the sun comes up for a little bit to burn off some of last night's moisture. Otherwise, happy Thursday!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yo. Kind of pissed about the tomato plant still, I hope the rest of the plant is okay. Same thing for jalapenos. We'll see...

I am excited for this long weekend. Going to catch up on sleep, relax and take it easy.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Mornin!

Wore my new 5.10s to work today to break em in a bit before this evening's ride. Hoping the sun comes up for a little bit to burn off some of last night's moisture. Otherwise, happy Thursday!
I just took a walk with a cup of coffee, it's nice and soaked out. Riding any time today is going to be great.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Yo. Kind of pissed about the tomato plant still, I hope the rest of the plant is okay. Same thing for jalapenos. We'll see...

I am excited for this long weekend. Going to catch up on sleep, relax and take it easy.
What happened to your tomato plant? Mine all died - I guess it is too wet and humid and they got some fungal disease. My pepper and chili plants aren't doing much better. :(

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Because I was feeling flush I bought a pair in the $150 range last year, as long as the soles are the same I will pick up the least expensive pair I can find.
Unless you are a 10.5 like me you should have plenty of options.

I just took a walk with a cup of coffee, it's nice and soaked out. Riding any time today is going to be great.
:thumb:

Say, why don't you call it a day early and join me?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I was next in line behind an old lady with a walker that was trying to buy toilet paper, water and soap at the supermarket last night in the express lane. Her card gave an "insufficient funds" message and she spent a good 5min trying to scrounge up the cash to pay to no avail, all the while the line growing longer and impatient. Paid for her stuff and went on my way.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
In less wholesome news, I spent 2 weeks waiting for a shop to get a Rev B machined part to us so I could finish the build and start troubleshooting/running product. Paid a premium to get it ASAP, only to have it come in the same as the first one.

Apparently Rev A means the same as Rev B if you want it to.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
In less wholesome news, I spent 2 weeks waiting for a shop to get a Rev B machined part to us so I could finish the build and start troubleshooting/running product. Paid a premium to get it ASAP, only to have it come in the same as the first one.

Apparently Rev A means the same as Rev B if you want it to.
Rev C...try it nao

rode bikes around the hood w/7yo last night...started trying to teach him how to manual. hanging with the boys this AM. we'll probably head into the woods for a while and work on a bamboo raft we've been building down by the river. then work. trying to figure out if i feel like seeing the bronx/descendants show tomorrow night.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What happened to your tomato plant? Mine all died - I guess it is too wet and humid and they got some fungal disease. My pepper and chili plants aren't doing much better. :(
Sucks that yours got sick, I've read that you need to keep the bottoms trimmed up and off the ground. I guess if they are swimming in the dirt, not much you can do.

I got home last night at 11:30ish and found one of the tomato plants tipped over in its pot. One of the large branches from the main stem snapped off and there was a bunch of green tomatoes scattered on the ground. The jalapeno plant was bent over, but that pot wasn't tipped over. Other two plants looked untouched. I'm hoping it was a dumb raccoon or something but as @jstuhlman said in yesterdays GMT, aliens...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
cable boxes are packed and in my car awaiting shipment. new router for faster internet installed.

now the question..... hulu tv or youtube tv?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was supposed to be hotter than hell today, but a bunch of bong smoke has drifted down from British Columbia and blotted out the sun.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Up at 4, so i can be to work by 5 for special training. Spent an hour doing that with some others from the shop. Then to Chik-fil-a for breakfast. Now I'm just sitting around waiting for work to start at 8:30. ugh, should have brought my bike.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
am becoming a bit obsessive about catching the live streams from Phish's Bakers dozen. They stream the first and second set openers live for free and they are on fire right now.
That they are. They've been posting videos from some of their better jams as well. A few friends have been to some of the shows.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. New staff reception thing after work == babysitter + one night's reprieve from doing the bedtime routine.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Rev C...try it nao

rode bikes around the hood w/7yo last night...started trying to teach him how to manual. hanging with the boys this AM. we'll probably head into the woods for a while and work on a bamboo raft we've been building down by the river. then work. trying to figure out if i feel like seeing the bronx/descendants show tomorrow night.
I would pay too see the decendants.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My Friday. Director is spinning me in circles again. I've confirmed with direct boss that I should pretty much ignore the director and every time I am assigned something come to him to make sure he hasn't already started or done it. Bonus came out, which was surprisingly lower than expected, so... yeah.

Haley spent last night talking about how much fun she had calling Uncle @Nick on Skype on Tuesday and how she needs to go visit him more often. I have a feeling we'll be going up to Golden more often to not necessarily ride bikes. Well, maybe NTM and Green Mtn.