Quantcast

~~Thursday GMT~~~ ~

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
What's up pretty people?
Thanks to @Nick for reaching out to notify of worries of my presumed demise.
Sitting up at camp in Maine and voicemail came through on beer run this morning.

Life got a bit crazy over the winter so I hit the Fuck It button and did a hard life reset. Didn't want to go out with a bizutch style post so I pulled the Memphis Exit and slipped out unannounced.

Focused on my family (kids/wife awesome, CO fam FUBAR), dropped off the interwebz, went on a major health kick and shot lots of guns to blow off steam.

Still riding, maintaining the shed and living life thru an irreverent lens. Need moar Lounge in my life, as a quick skim revealed.

Time to go drown the boys on a tubing mission but I'll be back for doses of asshattery.

Hope alls well for everyone!

To/dr: :blah:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What's up pretty people?
Sitting up at camp in Maine and voicemail came through on beer run this morning.

Life got a bit crazy over the winter so I hit the Fuck It button and did a hard life reset. Didn't want to go out with a bizutch style post so I pulled the Memphis Exit and slipped out unannounced.

Focused on my family (kids/wife awesome, CO fam FUBAR), dropped off the interwebz, went on a major health kick and shot lots of guns to blow off steam.

Still riding, maintaining the shed and living life thru an irreverent lens. Need moar Lounge in my life, as a quick skim revealed.

Time to go drown the boys on a tubing mission but I'll be back for doses of asshattery.

Good to hear from you, Dan. You had us all a bit worried at the drop off the face of the earth aspect. Let us know when you come back into the civilized world, because I think there are a bunch of home and woodworking projects that need your feedback (I have at least one, but there are other woody guys here too!).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What's up pretty people?

glad to hear you're safe dude :cheers:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Met the lady and child for lunch at Panera, and as I was sitting feeding Winn a bottle, the older lady next to us said "it's nice seeing awesome dads like you." At first I was confused (albeit flattered), then she went on to explain how guys in her generation would rarely be seen feeding/changing diapers, etc.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Met the lady and child for lunch at Panera, and as I was sitting feeding Winn a bottle, the older lady next to us said "it's nice seeing awesome dads like you." At first I was confused (albeit flattered), then she went on to explain how guys in her generation would rarely be seen feeding/changing diapers, etc.
i get that a lot too.

pro tip: take him grocery shopping mid week during the daytime. by yourself.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
We do have some type of swaddle holder type thing the girlfriend uses quite a bit, but I'm too freaked out about using it myself. If he's with me, I typically just carry him in the car seat or stroller for longer trips.

My best friend and his wife got us an Osprey Poco AG pack for Christmas last year, and I'm just counting down the days until he's big/strong enough to use it. Thing is sweet.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I miss those days sometimes. I had a lot of father/daughter time when she was little and I took her with me everywhere. Hell, I still did that until just recently. :(

I love the fact that the man child and I have been exchanging. But I miss my daughter and she seems really pissed for reasons nobody but her knows, I guess.

On an even more depressing note, Bman failed is UPS written test and can't retest for 3 months. So back to the warehouse for that jackass. Needed an 85 to pass, got an 81. SMH.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We do have some type of swaddle holder type thing the girlfriend uses quite a bit, but I'm too freaked out about using it myself. If he's with me, I typically just carry him in the car seat or stroller for longer trips.

My best friend and his wife got us an Osprey Poco AG pack for Christmas last year, and I'm just counting down the days until he's big/strong enough to use it. Thing is sweet.
trust me, learn to use it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
FYI: it's raining again over here in trail-land. If it doesn't downpour trails will be $$$$$.
Weather radar doesn't look so promising. Big band is supposed to roll through around 5 and then some after. I drove up 70 a bit during lunch time (test driving vehicle) and it appeared quite foggy up there.

Methinks todays ride = not happening

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Today's drive home was brought to me by Run The Jewels. And enhanced by the acquisition of a most excellent 4 pack of local double IPA.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
5.7L would tow that camper with some verve. I wish I had the 5.7L... but in the 100 series body.
Methinks the camper is gone regardless. Thought about doing a truck + slide in camper but not sure that'd fit the bill well either. I think we keep coming back to the Tacoma + small cargo trailer, but that's not 100% either. Just busy playing the game of compromises and putting on my fiscal responsibility cap.

The 5.7 did have pretty good grunt. I suppose 380hp & 400 lbft is nothing to sneeze at. If we keep my truck I'm throwing around the notion of installing a blower or swapping to 4.88 gears. The 4.88s would certainly turn a set of 35s nicely.

Last edited: