Quantcast

Thursday... what a day for a breakup, eh?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
she is screwed in the head, not so much from religion, but her family! damn they are seriously the biggest bunch of hypocritical, pathetic, stubborn, thick headed brainwashers Ive ever seen. I almost feel sorry for the next guy....
Let me guess......She's a born again, if that's the case run for your life and count your blessings.

davidhill

blumpkin catcher
Jan 29, 2007
Greenville, SC
I've got a game for this morning,... its called "Guess who has both sets of genitalia"
the one on the far right is is all woman.. i know from experience. lets just say that when this very same break happened at this very same time last year (yeah i know what your thinking... wtf) Jess was there to "push" me through it :D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
...don't make fun of her family, don't photoshop pictures of her. If you ever want any chance of bringing her back, don't talk to her or her friends.
I disagree.

You're suggesting that David not burn that bridge. I agree to the extent that burning is a bad idea.

NUKE THAT FVCKING BRIDGE.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
the one on the far right is is all woman.. i know from experience. lets just say that when this very same break happened at this very same time last year (yeah i know what your thinking... wtf) Jess was there to "push" me through it :D
First, never sleep with another woman shortly after yours dumps you if you want to get back together... she won't forgive you and that's probably what happened.

Second, go find Jess and tappy tap tap.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I disagree.

You're suggesting that David not burn that bridge. I agree to the extent that burning is a bad idea.

NUKE THAT FVCKING BRIDGE.
You know, I'm actually trying to be serious here for at least 20 minutes. If the guy digs on her, time a part might make her parents realize he wasn't all that bad. On the other hand we're just hearing one side of the story, he can be a complete ass and deserves the break up. As my grandma used to say..........There are 3 sides to every story, his, hers and the truth.

davidhill

blumpkin catcher
Jan 29, 2007
Greenville, SC
First, never sleep with another woman shortly after yours dumps you if you want to get back together... she won't forgive you and that's probably what happened.

Second, go find Jess and tappy tap tap.
haha.. trust me, AnnMarie never found out about Jess...

oh, and im hanging out with Jess tonight actually. But as far as tappy tappy... doubtful. Shes involved, or whatever..

davidhill

blumpkin catcher
Jan 29, 2007
Greenville, SC
You know, I'm actually trying to be serious here for at least 20 minutes. If the guy digs on her, time a part might make her parents realize he wasn't all that bad. On the other hand we're just hearing one side of the story, he can be a complete ass and deserves the break up. As my grandma used to say..........There are 3 sides to every story, his, hers and the truth.
oh come on bro.. im not a assbag like a lot of other guys on this forum... not pointing ANY fingers... but seriously, everything you hear IS the truth...

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
...but I thought I'd chime in at the end...

1] No personal relationship is ever a 'failure' - and trust me - I nearly choked the first time I said this. Some folks on this board know my backstory, so I can say, I do speak from experience.

It is not a 'failure' [not truly] because there are no single, definable goal. To be together forever? C'mon, honestly. To have two kids, and only two kids, and raise both kids evenly and perfectly so that the elder, a boy, becomes a State Senator at the age of 37 and the younger, a girl, becomes an internationally renowned neurosurgeon at the age of 39.25? Okay, i can see that one failing.

It's a learning experience, which is essentially an evolutionary growth sequence. heh. More choking on my part there...

What did you learn? see below:

2] No one escapes their origins, ever.

Her parents [and by extension, family] have, at their core, based on your description and anecdotes, a tenuous grasp on reality. Instead, they substitute prejudices left, right and center - whole narratives of prejudgement.

They decided who and what you are, despite evidence to the contrary, and have never waivered from it.

Chances are, that's how they view the entire world. That's the mechanism they use to interact with people, situations, eventualities.

It allows them NOT to think, evaluated and reason.

No matter what your GF wanted to do with you, nor what she will want to do with the whole of her life, she will operate, to some extent, the same way.

Primarily, she cannot evaluate or rationalize her relationship with her family. It's simply beyond her.

It's like children of alcoholics - it's not entirely a genetic pre-disposition to alcohol that affects them - it's a duplication of behavior that allows them to follow the same path as their parents, unconsciously.

Same thing with spousal abuse. Kids pick it up from Mom and Dad.

But, more subtly, almost all kids pick up 'Methods and Habits' of behavior that don't immediately show up.

Like, if mom is a zealotous supporter of the local church, say, Seventh Day Adventists, the girl may grow up to be an Atheist.

But a zealous one.

Families exert far more influence than we think. Sometimes overtly [like their disapproval of you] sometimes inversely [the old saw about how much parents dislike a girls boyfriend is the force in which she finds herself more attracted to him] and sometimes conversely [they don't care and it doesn't bother her - which leads to disassociative behavior between the two of you because no one ever showed her how to love someone]...

the list goes on...

3] the coming pain-fest. Oh yeah. that one will suck.

Little land-mines in the countryside you've lived in all your life will spring up and blow your nuts off when you least expect it.

Enjoy!

:monkeydance:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.

1] No personal relationship is ever a 'failure' - and trust me - I nearly choked the first time I said this. Some folks on this board know my backstory, so I can say, I do speak from experience.

It is not a 'failure' [not truly] because there are no single, definable goal. To be together forever? C'mon, honestly. To have two kids, and only two kids, and raise both kids evenly and perfectly so that the elder, a boy, becomes a State Senator at the age of 37 and the younger, a girl, becomes an internationally renowned neurosurgeon at the age of 39.25? Okay, i can see that one failing.

It's a learning experience, which is essentially an evolutionary growth sequence. heh. More choking on my part there...

Her parents [and by extension, family] have, at their core, based on your description and anecdotes, a tenuous grasp on reality. Instead, they substitute prejudices left, right and center - whole narratives of prejudgement.

They decided who and what you are, despite evidence to the contrary, and have never waivered from it.

Chances are, that's how they view the entire world. That's the mechanism they use to interact with people, situations, eventualities.

No matter what your GF wanted to do with you, nor what she will want to do with the whole of her life, she will operate, to some extent, the same way.

Primarily, she cannot evaluate or rationalize her relationship with her family. It's simply beyond her.

It's like children of alcoholics - it's not entirely a genetic pre-disposition to alcohol that affects them - it's a duplication of behavior that allows them to follow the same path as their parents, unconsciously.

But, more subtly, almost all kids pick up 'Methods and Habits' of behavior that don't immediately show up.

Like, if mom is a zealotous supporter of the local church, say, Seventh Day Adventists, the girl may grow up to be an Atheist.

But a zealous one.

Families exert far more influence than we think. Sometimes overtly [like their disapproval of you] sometimes inversely [the old saw about how much parents dislike a girls boyfriend is the force in which she finds herself more attracted to him] and sometimes conversely [they don't care and it doesn't bother her - which leads to disassociative behavior between the two of you because no one ever showed her how to love someone]...

the list goes on...

Little land-mines in the countryside you've lived in all your life will spring up and blow your nuts off when you least expect it.

Enjoy!

And Dr. Phil makes an appearance....

davidhill

blumpkin catcher
Jan 29, 2007
Greenville, SC

But a zealous one.

the list goes on...

Enjoy!

wow.. so intuitive.. I am much appreciative!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I can't believe there are 150 posts about a chick dumping some dude after 2 years.

Seriously, it's 2 years! High school was 4 years (5 for some of the jackasses on this site, but 4 is average) and you survived that.

Get over it, 2 years is nothing. Do you know how many useless relationships you will have in your life? The more the better. Women are like beer. There are a ton of great ones out there and even more that suck. You need to drink them all before you can swear off the others.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I can't believe there are 150 posts about a chick dumping some dude after 2 years.

Seriously, it's 2 years! High school was 4 years (5 for some of the jackasses on this site, but 4 is average) and you survived that.

Get over it, 2 years is nothing. Do you know how many useless relationships you will have in your life? The more the better. Women are like beer. There are a ton of great ones out there and even more that suck. You need to drink them all before you can swear off the others.
I'm not sure he should take advice about women from a guy who's avatar is sausage.

;)
:D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

haha i could have gotten a PHD in the time it took some people at my HS to graduate. That being said, I graduated with a chick who already had 3 kids of her own. Not surprisingly, each had a different father.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work

Dude my last gf lasted 1 year, you should have seen how she wigged out when I broke up with her.