Quantcast

Titus broke my heart (sorry, long post)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I read his response and of course that stuff happens. I see it everyday.

But for some reason still no move to make right with their promise.

Like I said at every turn they have done the wrong thing. It's shocking.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Up until I read Jeff's post I was resigning myself to keeping it. Now if I can find a way to get most of my money out of it (ebay or something) I'm going to replace it.

Anybody want to buy a slightly used small ML? :plthumbsdown:
Why would his post make you want to sell it?

The frame you have know is better then what you bought, if I was you I'd be happy.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the key issue seems to boil down to not standing one's word (in this case, Titus), and really has no bearing on functionality of the bike, right? Titus inspected the front triangle and surmised no damage; would you agree? would a new (grey) front triangle ride any better?

as far as the 4 months go, how many missed riding opportunities were there? once Titus heard 'ski season', this likely sank to the bottom of the priority pile.

finding an FS frame which fits and rides well isn't the easiest thing, esp for shorter riders where choices are more limited. if you really like the way the bike rides, personally i'd forget the failed promises and just ride the bike. if it's gonna gnaw at you, sell it and move on. the inclusion of the socks will just sweeten the ebay deal. :D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Wow. This really sucks to hear. I was under the impression that Titus was one of the good guys. I really liked their line of bikes as well, but considering how hard I am on things, and that this is what people are put through, I wont be buying one, that's for sure.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
the key issue seems to boil down to not standing one's word (in this case, Titus), and really has no bearing on functionality of the bike, right? Titus inspected the front triangle and surmised no damage; would you agree? would a new (grey) front triangle ride any better?

as far as the 4 months go, how many missed riding opportunities were there? once Titus heard 'ski season', this likely sank to the bottom of the priority pile.
The problem is that the front triangle will continue to chip and peel as it gets ridden more. Their answer for this was for MBC to pay $150 in a couple years for a new paint job. Sure, the bike still functions fine, but would you really be ok with a paint job that chips and peels (I'm not talking about your typical bike wear)?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
knowing MBC said 'no hurry', and it was winter and the part of the bike that had a problem was replaced...yup I'd be happy.
i have to admit i like the naked rear triangle better than the painted one... but maybe i am just used to seeing it like that on my bikes.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
knowing MBC said 'no hurry', and it was winter and the part of the bike that had a problem was replaced...yup I'd be happy.
Why shouldn't the company actually step up to the plate and take some initiative, even if the customer isn't pressuring them for it?

A halfway decent customer service guy would have taken "no hurry" to mean "I'm not pressuring you to do it this week" and would have moved forward to resolve the issue.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
boy there is a huge difference between manufactures... remeber that one Monkey who bought a bike not intended for how he wound up using it for? i think he broke the frame and when the manufacturer learned about it, they gave him a new frame but one that was designed for how he was going to use it...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Why shouldn't the company actually step up to the plate and take some initiative, even if the customer isn't pressuring them for it?

A halfway decent customer service guy would have taken "no hurry" to mean "I'm not pressuring you to do it this week" and would have moved forward to resolve the issue.
lack of communication & **** happens.

Did MBC say how many times she called Titus? When I had a frame issue I was calling (or emailing) IH 1 or 2 times per week.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

Anders

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
Carlsbad, CA, USA
MBC...I feel your pain. I got caught with a busted I-Drive right when GT/Schwinn was being bought out by Pacific. 14 months later I had a replacement that promptly went up on EBay.

That being said...the new rear end is very sweet. Titus fell short of the mark they set up for themselves, but you still have a nice ride, right?

your lucky. i sent a zaskar to them, they never sent anything back...

Mar 14, 2007
I have a blue Moto of the same vintage as yours hanging on my ceiling. Brand new and never ridden. If it is the same size as yours (mine is a small) I will swap it for your current frame with the polished rear at no charge. I'll do this to make a Titus customer happy.

Slarts
The Bike Shop That Dare Not Speak Its Name
chris@roaringmousecycles.com