Titus broke my heart (sorry, long post)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
:thumb:

that's a pretty cool offer.

edit - though the fate of the previous paint-peeling rear could be the same for that swingarm/frame, if from the same painting batch...

I have a blue Moto of the same vintage as yours hanging on my ceiling. Brand new and never ridden. If it is the same size as yours (mine is a small) I will swap it for your current frame with the polished rear at no charge. I'll do this to make a Titus customer happy.

Slarts
The Bike Shop That Dare Not Speak Its Name
chris@roaringmousecycles.com

yes it is a nice offer, thank you - I pm'd you at mtbr - something similar to what Narlus pointed out though.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
Worrying about paint...on a mountain bike ?????? If you ride it, it's gonna get scraped up no matter what. Getting the run around is inexcusable, however I don't see the big deal here.

F.W.I.W. I've got that same exact frame - it rides just as well now as it did 10 months ago when it was shiny and new.
My anodized frame doesn't flake and look like ****. MTB or not, I appreciate a durable finish.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
nah, i'm narlus over there too...actually, i'm <narlus> because i forgot my password a while ago and had to come up w/ another login id. you've not been N8! the whole time, have you? weren't you mtbnate or something like that?

anyway, why don't you stir the pot in the political forum on mtbr? what makes us deserving of yr special, uh, talents?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
remeber that one Monkey who bought a bike not intended for how he wound up using it for? ..
I believe that was Ironhorse and they did so at absolutely no obligation to them at all. The kid was so clearly in the wrong, yet they still helped him out. Super cool if you ask me.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
nah, i'm narlus over there too...actually, i'm <narlus> because i forgot my password a while ago and had to come up w/ another login id. you've not been N8! the whole time, have you? weren't you mtbnate or something like that?

anyway, why don't you stir the pot in the political forum on mtbr? what makes us deserving of yr special, uh, talents?
then you need to take it up with johnny_v since he's got your schtick over on mtbr...

:monkeydance:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I believe that was Ironhorse and they did so at absolutely no obligation to them at all. The kid was so clearly in the wrong, yet they still helped him out. Super cool if you ask me.
Yeah, that was some excellent service. They ended up hooking him up with an equal value burly hardtail if I remember correctly.

Awesome offer up above. If nothing else, it shows a generous and worthwhile shop, even if MBC doesn't take them up on it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i was asking you a question, not this johnny_v cat. i haven't been over to empty beer in months; i just decided to grab some popcorn and enjoy the show for the titus thread.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
You didn't make it to Devil's Den this past weekend either. TN and Laura were crushed that you didn't make it.
pix?

Mizn8 made it as far as Ft Smith, AR this past weekend taking her daughter up to her dad's house while i minded her son back here at the ranch.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Nah. MizDNA wanted the camera to take pictures at school of the leafblower hovercraft that they made.

Trip was ok. It was good to hang with the TN twins, but I lost 5 hours on Sat. at the Wal-mart in F-ville waiting for a tire to get fixed. I did get one great DH run in on Sunday. Ya gotta try it once. Borrow Aaron's 7 point once next time for a run. You'll get hooked.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
That sucks. A company should never go back on their word or make you wait that long for any form of help.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
the ball is in MBC's court now....

will she keep the polished rear and ride with pride?

will take up Slarts on his generous offer?

will she upgrade to a non-painted ExoGrid MotoLite?

will she sell everything and buy a Turner?

will IRB pop another brew and watch MBC repair the hardwood floors?

the ball is in MBC's court now....

will she keep the polished rear and ride with pride?

will take up Slarts on his generous offer?

will she upgrade to a non-painted ExoGrid MotoLite?

will she sell everything and buy a Turner?

well one thing's for certain - I can't ever post on MTBR again :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My idea was to replace the dog. She slobbers so much when she drinks that half the water from her bowl splashes onto the floor. Over two years, the floors around her water bowl are starting to look worn. BAD DOG.