Quantcast

Top Gear

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
That one's great. This weeks is god damn hilarious though. Way funnier than most, and they're normally awesome.
I normally watch the new episodes monday nights because they don't pop up on the torrent website until monday mornings. I needed a fix tonight so I watched a couple episodes from season 14

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
Hey, I've not read all the way through this thread, but I notice a few people posting up some uploaded shows. Can you guys not get BBC iplayer, I don't know if it's only available in the UK but it could be worth checking out if it works, has pretty much everything on the BBC very quickly after it's shown on TV.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Hey, I've not read all the way through this thread, but I notice a few people posting up some uploaded shows. Can you guys not get BBC iplayer, I don't know if it's only available in the UK but it could be worth checking out if it works, has pretty much everything on the BBC very quickly after it's shown on TV.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/
Yup, it's UK only.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
This sounds good:

* Jeremy compares two supercar convertibles, the Audi R8 and the Porsche 911 Turbo, and the Stig gives them lap times
* The boys are challenged to build their own cool motorhomes and put them through a series of challenges
* SIARPC: actor Andy Garcia

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
This sounds good:

* Jeremy compares two supercar convertibles, the Audi R8 and the Porsche 911 Turbo, and the Stig gives them lap times
* The boys are challenged to build their own cool motorhomes and put them through a series of challenges
* SIARPC: actor Andy Garcia
It's one of the best episodes they've had in a long time. Mostly because of the DIY motorhomes. Hilarious.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
It's one of the best episodes they've had in a long time. Mostly because of the DIY motorhomes. Hilarious.
I'm looking forward to watching the new episode tonight. The first thing that comes to mind when you mention the DIY motorhomes is when they made the Electric car that was supposed to be better than the G Wiz. That segment had me rolling on the floor :rofl:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm looking forward to watching the new episode tonight. The first thing that comes to mind when you mention the DIY motorhomes is when they made the Electric car that was supposed to be better than the G Wiz. That segment had me rolling on the floor :rofl:
It won't disappoint. Pure genius. Or not.

alexrex20

Chimp
Jun 25, 2010
Spring TX
If you didn't think that was funny you do not have a soul.
what, do you really think their designs were really their own? do you really think that the producers did not come up with the designs, built them for the hosts, and then scripted the "comedy?"

the show is completely scripted and it can be funny at times, but the fact that it's all fake just takes too much away from it.

the episodes that i really loved were the Vietnam Special, Africa Special, Polar Special, and to an extent, the Bolivia Special.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
what, do you really think their designs were really their own? do you really think that the producers did not come up with the designs, built them for the hosts, and then scripted the "comedy?"

the show is completely scripted and it can be funny at times, but the fact that it's all fake just takes too much away from it.

the episodes that i really loved were the Vietnam Special, Africa Special, Polar Special, and to an extent, the Bolivia Special.
When did I claim that the presenters actually made those? All I said was that it was funny. Do you also think stand up comedy sucks because it's scripted? How about movies?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma

Agreed. The best episodes are the ones with the big Journeys. The Africa special was the best episode they ever did.

alexrex20

Chimp
Jun 25, 2010
Spring TX
lol @ everyone taking this so personal. i love top gear and i download the episode every sunday night, but i'm not going to say i laugh at every episode. we all prefer some episodes to other, and i just don't prefer the "challenges."

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I remember reading about the Gurney eagle and that there was no seatbelt in hopes that the driver would be ejected from the magnesium bodied car before burning up...

yike-ola.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I remember reading about the Gurney eagle and that there was no seatbelt in hopes that the driver would be ejected from the magnesium bodied car before burning up...

yike-ola.
the were also hoping their leather helmets would keep their brains all in one spot too.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
I would love to have that Ferrari picture as a poster. Very cool to see the changes in the cars over the years. I used to be a die hard F1 fan. Waking up at 3am to watch races. Ohh back in the day.