Quantcast

Val di sole - WC finals 2017!!!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm rootin for blenki.

This is one of the few tracks that's fast enough and rowdy enough that he can't pedal like a meth head at spin class.

Best result of the year because he'll just be forced to ride his bike with gravity as well as everyone knows he can.

danny hart wins the raw vid at the moment :D

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
On another note, cecille R didn't even take a run.
As she hasn't raced DH before she can't be in the top 20 in DH, so no TT for her.

"Two days before the final a training period will be provided plus a timed training session exclusively for men elite ranked in the top 80, women ranked in the top 20 and men juniors ranked in the top 10 of the last world cup standings."

Source: http://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/Rulesandregulation/16/72/76/MTBReglementsENG_English.pdf

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
As she hasn't raced DH before she can't be in the top 20 in DH, so no TT for her.

"Two days before the final a training period will be provided plus a timed training session exclusively for men elite ranked in the top 80, women ranked in the top 20 and men juniors ranked in the top 10 of the last world cup standings."

Source: http://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/Rulesandregulation/16/72/76/MTBReglementsENG_English.pdf
Count the number of women on the timed training results.

plenty of space :D

Last edited:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
At least Hill is coming back for Worlds to race on a track that suits him almost as well as Pietermaritzburg.

More Raw:

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
At least Hill is coming back for Worlds to race on a track that suits him almost as well as Pietermaritzburg.
This was his master plan all along. Get fitter than the rest of the field in enduro and then smoke everyone in the last 100 yards of Cairns.

(That 100 yards cost Palmer the title in 1996. He had trouble with the last 100 yards of at least two worlds tracks.)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Interesting to see that Hannah smoked the womens field on her proto Polygon that worked so well in Whistler last week too.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Minnaar lost .8s in the final 30 seconds of the trail. I think its a safe bet he'll be figuring out where that was, and fixing it. Gwin's gonna have to lift his game up if he wants to win.

Quarq: "Val di Sol is pretty hard on brakes, so we decided to test our new system on a small woman who doesn't go nearly as fast as the larger men, so that we could get some data from the non extremes of extreme mountain biking"

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
So does this put Gwin in the points lead? UCI site has Brosnan in the lead :bonk:

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot

That CC tho...

I guess they have spare frames on hand, but when's the last time we saw a bike split in half at a WC? Last I remember was that water gap in NZ world champs.

Must have been a crazy hard impact, wonder if there's vid of this

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

That CC tho...

I guess they have spare frames on hand, but when's the last time we saw a bike split in half at a WC? Last I remember was that water gap in NZ world champs.

whose bike be dat?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

That CC tho...

Is that Minnaar's bike?! In the Dirt write up they say something along the lines that he took a hard fall in practice and it's a miracle he even got his quali run in. They say there's footage of it that will come out later. If that's his bike, then I understand why. Holy shit ballz.

edited to add quote from Dirt: "Minnaar took a HUGE smash in practice this morning and is probably lucky to still be riding, the footage is coming later but trust us the fact he got so close to Gwin is miraculous."
linky : https://dirtmountainbike.com/racing-events/downhill/aaron-gwin-qualifies-greg-minnaar-troy-brosnan.html#q4wvjzadLwcLYcOE.99

Last edited:

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC

That CC tho...

This is the last one I remember.