canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Nice work snapping a frame in practice and then coming back and qualifying 2nd less than a second back! Dude is the new Alien.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Sad to see the back burner that 4x has taken :/. Imagine if all those 4x courses over the years were converted to velosolutions style pump tracks. That would be cool.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Oh snap, it's the eve before the last point series race of the year, and I almost forgot to submit my predictions, which Vegas desperately needs to set betting lines. Supposedly there's some betting action going because of a donnybrook between a woman punching fuck bag and a loud mouthed mick who wear's fuck suits to press conferences, but the big money is always on WC DH. So let's bang this out:

* Consider this:

And now let's recall who Il Duce's BFF was...yeah, the runty Austrian with a dirty sanchez 'stache...what a coincidence...:think:

* I wonder if the sell Whoppers in Italy? Seems like it would be in poor taste.

* Leonardo Da Vinci was smart as fuck. I mean, look at this rendering from him (not even DW can claim "prior art" here) -

Now fast forward a couple hundred years, and check this out -

They're practically the same thing. Devinci better get with the times and starting making bikes like their namesake would've wanted. Maybe even try wood frames since they're much more resistant to UV damage.

* Leonardo DiCaprio is not Italian, and from what I can tell, has never designed crazy flying machines or really anything very cool. But his serious face does lend itself to a good meme, so there's that I guess.

* I don't think anybody other than perhaps the odd privateer will be racing an Ancillotti bike tomorrow. Sad.

* Who said 26 is dead? Certainly not Ferrari!
http://store.ferrari.com/us_en/ferrari-mtb-26-wheel-carbon-fibre-bike.html

Strong sized wheels for life maw fawkers!

Wow, that's a data to crunch, but I just slammed a couple cappuccinos, so here goes -

1.) Greg Minnaar: I know, I know, not much of a wild prediction here, but bear with me. In light of today's insane bike fail, GM decides he can't risk another soft, semi-melted crab0n flex frame causing him to wash out it in a corner, so he get's creative. Combining the unrivaled rock evaporating power of big (flexy) hoops and the almost unbreakable design of a unicycle, GM smashes the VDS track with arguably the first truly rideable Santa Cruz bike since the Bullit. Congrats on the overall Greg, even tho you probably won't be wearing the pride stripes next year.

2.) Lorenzo Suding: Speaking of surviving big crashes, both from spectacular frame fails and a car accident, Lorenzo makes a startling return to the WC circuit riding, you guessed it, a bad ass chromed out manicotti...I mean Ancillotti, Whatever...It's Italian, heavy, and great with a bottle of wine.

3.) Apollo: Damn straight, a buncha pasty Celts and their various derivatives aren't coming to the Boot and depriving the Director of Sun Stuff a podium spot on his home turf! Hell, he's still pissed about his bitch sister Artemis blocking his rays with her fucking gray marble the other day. He'll deal with her skank ass soon enough, but in the meantime, the Sun Bro lays down a burner of a run on an alloy (obviously) chariot rockin some strong sized wheels from the Ferrari team tent. While a little disappointed he didn't win, he does take a moment to apologize to GM and SCB for melting their bikes all the time. He suggests they try Uranus since it doesn't get much sun there.

4.) Bubbles: Pfffft, what? You thought Trailer Park Boys took place somewhere in eastern Canadia? Umm, did you ever see it rain in any of the episodes? So yeah, the rough translation of Val Di Sol into Canadianese is "Sunny Vale". Damn, I have to spell everything out for your guys. Anyway, our boy Bubs dons the Green Bastard skin suit (fuck the UCI) and crushes dust aboard one of Trinity's (stolen) bikes...Thankfully no kitties were harmed in the making of this race run.

5.) Fabio: Grabbing the last step is the last true ladies man, Mr. Lanzoni. Even at his advanced age, the brawny butter pimp of yesteryear still has that competitive fire - to say nothing of his flowing locks of spun gold. Eschewing a protective bike hat for fear of frizzing up his man mane, Fab casually slips out of his white linen shirt and get's work done on a modified exercise bike, wearing nothing but weird jean capri pants and braided leather belt. Drink it in ladies (or anybody that rides a 29er)-

Donnes

1.) Cecile Ravanel - just to make @kidwoo 's head explode.
2.) Hannah - stay on yer bike Trace!
3.) Pom Pom - same thing to you Nicole!
4.) Tahnee - Can we just stop with this ridiculous spelling and call her Tawny?
5.) Rach - her melty flex Trek just can't hold a proper line in this sunny locale

Last edited:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Minnar's run actually seemed very messy (for him) before the flat. Did that contribute to the tire coming off? I blame Maxxis.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
35 seconds back from Jnr Men?

Difficult to say really...

,)
Don't get me wrong. I meant to say at least the top five women rode much more aggressively the last two races. I know you could beat any of them while riding shirtless and without a helmet on your gravel grinder, but they still put up a good show.
I think the point is that it's nice to have a season where it's not just a race for second.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Welp, the moral is, both Gwin and Minnaar had a DQ this season, both Gwin and Minnaar had a mechanical that took them out of contention for the win during an otherwise really good run, and Troy slipped into second place because he didn't do either of those things.

That run by Pierron was pretty impressive, as was the syndicate transitioning to a pretty much entirely new team, with minnaar, vergier, and shaw going 3rd, 5th, and 13th overall was pretty damn impressive too.

I'm also excited to see intense put out a top notch group this year, first time in a long time that intense has had any bikes represented anywhere near the top, I guess making the switch to foreigners carbon bikes instead of crappy aluminum bikes really was the answer.

Also, Brayton's run deserve some credit for being bonkers.

KAZHA

Chimp
Feb 20, 2015
Flat AF
Gutted for Minnar, but I guess VDS got some bad beef with him, cause in 2015 ago he was also on the hunt for title and the final race was also at VDS and he also crashed in the race run.
He was 1.4 up on the first split and Gwinn was 1.6 so it would have been friggin close.
Still a LEGEND in my eyes and I'm hoping he will race in 2018.

Great runs from Pierron,Vergier,Brayton and great season from Syndicate with whole new line up, one of the best rounded teams on the circuit in my eyes.

Shame about Blenki, good quali result, but race run was shite, he was on such a roll in Crankworx, but I guess it's completely different mental game than a WC race.

Also some interesting team rumors/rider signings mentioned in the last weeks.