Quantcast

Val di sole - WC finals 2017!!!

Sep 11, 2015
Dakota Norton with a great result on his Sessi....I mean Morpheus :brows:
Seriously though, great results for him, Charlie Harrison and Bruce Klein.
Some American friends told me that his Morpheus exploded under him in Whistler, so he went and got a demo bike.

In any case, my money's on Gwin or Hart. Agree with others that Rachel probably won't win, but disagree that it's due to her shoulder. I think she's just not that into DH anymore. She wants to be a tube strapper.

Sep 11, 2015
Didn't she deny that in a recent interview with Warner?
Lots of people deny lots of things in interviews. Especially with the likes of Rob Warner.

TBH, I'm just making shit up here. I saw a couple IG posts from her regarding respect for Enduro and loving riding her "little bike."

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I'm pretty sure I couldn't inflict enough force on my bike no matter how I landed to snap it like that, without breaking multiple bones. That Minnaar was walking around and carrying his bike down after that is nuts!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm pretty sure I couldn't inflict enough force on my bike no matter how I landed to snap it like that, without breaking multiple bones. That Minnaar was walking around and carrying his bike down after that is nuts!
That thing has like 70" wheelbase. He either 50/50'd a lump or drove the front end into something. I don't think I've seen a frame fail like that any other way.

Guess they need to thicken up the wrap when you keep increasing the leverage on that thing. Either way it's sick that he pretty much matched gwinn in qualis after that. That's burly.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
will be interesting to see how Greg feels tomorrow. he may have still had adrenaline on his side for quali's and the pain won't set in until later.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
will be interesting to see how Greg feels tomorrow. he may have still had adrenaline on his side for quali's and the pain won't set in until later.
did it say anywhere he got injured? my guess is that its unlikely given his quali time. he may have even been a little cautious as a result of the crash tho.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Jesus, isn't that Boris the photog with the frame cover? "Enthusiast press" staying neutral as always.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
did it say anywhere he got injured? my guess is that its unlikely given his quali time. he may have even been a little cautious as a result of the crash tho.
he was limping after the crash - i lizardly assumed that meant pain and injury.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Jesus, isn't that Boris the photog with the frame cover? "Enthusiast press" staying neutral as always.
wait - am i also supposed to know what all the photographers look like? this sport just keeps getting harder and harder...

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
it's certainly possible. guess we'll find out tomorrow.
i also assumed that he'd be sore after a crash since i'm sore if i bend over too far without stretching first. sometimes i forget these guys aren't middle aged.
<insert bending over and stretching joke here>

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
NEWSFLASH!!!

SOMETIMES CARBON FRAMES SNAP IN TWO... EVEN BRAND NEW ONES... EVEN 29ERS!!!

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I've crashed to bed harder than that. Besides, he crashed in a flower bed for F'sake. There's not a rock for 25' in any direction! Get up you dirt roadie and ride that POS the rest of the way down...

What pussies!

Last edited: