Quantcast

Vernon Rider!!!

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Keep the bike, keep taking great pictures, and quit "putting your eggs in one basket" Get some friends who drive and get out to other mountains. Hit some trails , anything, but keep riding.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
not enough to get banned, something most of us do. warning for this weekend. do not sit on the railings of the gondola

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
FYI....Only portions of Mountain Creek Resort is on state property and the resort as a legal land manager of both the state owned and non-state owned areas has every right to revoke riding/skiing privileges and ban individuals as they see fit.

In this current situation, an individual was asked not to return to the property for several warnings throughout the course of last winter and this summer. This was not an isolated situation.

Simple solution...Follow the rules, be safe and have fun! Problem solved.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
okay he broke some rules. don't we all. i've spent a lot of my time in ski towns in cal. and banning a local is unheard of. talk about a quick way to piss people off

bruiser2

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Pelham, NY
Diablo is taking this too far. I don't know anyone who has been to diablo hasn't done wat sean did on the lift, except my dad. i think u should reconsider and give him another chance. or atleast make it a temporary ban, til' like the middle of august or something. And i'm shocked, after running pinkshirt photos for the past year and increasing in skill so greatly (from what i've heard) from when he started, that sean isn't taking a stand and defending himself. he is just lying down giving up!:shocked: THE END!

-J.P.

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
okay he broke some rules. don't we all. i've spent a lot of my time in ski towns in cal. and banning a local is unheard of. talk about a quick way to piss people off
False..I've lived in many skitowns (for nearly a decade) throughout Colorado, Nevada and CA and "locals" do not get preferential treatment and an open invitation to bend the rules. ...Especially when they are banned for constantly breaking the rules and becoming a nuissance and a safety hazard. In fact I knew some of them personally as they were my roommates!

The point you are missing is that this is not an isolated situation and when a person consistently breaks the rules, receives SEVERAL warnings over the course of the summer and becomes a nuissance, not only is it a safety hazard, it is bad reflection on ALL mountain bikers and the sport of mountain biking, and a great way to get a program shut down.

Not a hard concept. Follow the rules , be safe and have fun....

G-RockMurray

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
ohhhhh i herd the day of story but didnt know about his winter troubles too....guess it kinda added up but DONT SELL THE BIKE!!!! you love riding that thing and you'll miss it....apoligize (sp?) let some time go by and ask again in a month or so.....maybe you'll have to wait til next year who knows but until then HIKE AN BIKE!!!! its what i do in the off season or shuttle runs at ringwood is a blast too
hell just go in the woods in vernon and make some stuff

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
Oh, A smart ass and a Dumb ass . Sorry guy Just had to say it.
Apologize, stay away for a bit and see what happens. Next time just follow the rules. is riding on the gondola mor fun than riding your bike?

tree hugger

Monkey
Jul 18, 2007
to be fair the diablo crew has never been jerks. I'm sure nobody wanted this to happen. he blatantly pushed them past their limits and paid the price.

plus, there's another way to look at this. what if he fell after all these warnings? goodbye diablo. I hate to see anyone get banned, especially a local and a great photographer, but how about a little respect and consideration for everyone else that rides there?

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
i don't no where you got that idea many of my friends ski in just boxxers and go streaking, drop into halfpipes from the lifts, ect. break most of the rules. if any of them got banned there would be some serious hate going towards the resort. the only place that i've heard of this happening are big resorts. now diablo you may think that you're a big downhill resort but take a second and look at you god damn base area. the only time we have anything is when the water park is open. trail wise you guys are good but when it comes to making younger bikers parents comfortable ect. you guys suck. no way are you a big enough deal to get away with banning locals and pissing people off. i understand warnings and maybe a more serious talk with his parents or something. But from what i've heard that was never done and the way sean was delt with was unprofessional. Sadly i wasn't suprised by this at all. Diablo needs to work on the way it deals with mountain bikers, last year i liked diablo a lot and i still do but now with riding other places i've realized how outragious your treatment of riders is. Plattekill the owner was nice and friendly and really helpfull same with highland. I just don't see the same coming from diablo. Thats the end of my rant. sorry if i offended anyone just this whole thing is pretty disapointing.

G-RockMurray

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
i do think he's been "talked to" alot so yes it sucks but again just let time pass and then revisit later in the year.....i think thats why psp is not talking much cause he made a mistake he's paying and soon all will be good

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i herd he was leaning on the railing trying to impress some girls he cant get. and i herd by some people sean called sean m's parents and h was about to cry....... idk if it is true though just what i was told

omarfunk

Chimp
May 8, 2007
Sorry Sean as everyone says don't sell your bike wait some time, anyway Diablo is not the only mountain. Maybe you can talk to the diablo management and work something. But don't give up dhing because of this. And next time don't do stupid things.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
False..I've lived in many skitowns (for nearly a decade) throughout Colorado, Nevada and CA and "locals" do not get preferential treatment and an open invitation to bend the rules. ...Especially when they are banned for constantly breaking the rules and becoming a nuissance and a safety hazard. In fact I knew some of them personally as they were my roommates!

The point you are missing is that this is not an isolated situation and when a person consistently breaks the rules, receives SEVERAL warnings over the course of the summer and becomes a nuissance, not only is it a safety hazard, it is bad reflection on ALL mountain bikers and the sport of mountain biking, and a great way to get a program shut down.

Not a hard concept. Follow the rules , be safe and have fun....

Well, I don't think anyone is going to argue the nuisance thing, that's a tough nut to crack, lol

davidt

Monkey
May 13, 2007
okay, maybe i'm a dumbass, but what did Sean M do? I wanna avoid getting banned too, therefore i need to knwo what he's done to get banned.... so that i wont; repeat his mistake... :-)

mntbiker2

Monkey
Jun 30, 2007
okay, maybe i'm a dumbass, but what did Sean M do? I wanna avoid getting banned too, therefore i need to knwo what he's done to get banned.... so that i wont; repeat his mistake... :-)
basically pissing off the lift and one of those lift guys caught him...

davidt

Monkey
May 13, 2007
basically pissing off the lift and one of those lift guys caught him...
pissing off the lift?

like his weener off the top of lift car or peeing through the floor? either way that's nasty, if i ever get peed on i'm kicking someones ass....

davidt

Monkey
May 13, 2007
i do have to say this though, i saw some dude taking a sh!t in the bushes once at creek, right after that l;ast Table @ Upper Dominion, where Upper D meets up with Flatliner......... was it Sean M as well?

Either way, that's some nasty stuff....

bruiser2

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Pelham, NY
he didn't piss off the lift.... he sat on the railing of the lift while it was going up and one of the lift guys saw him.... supposedly this was a frequent occurence... and they have told him not to.... i don't feel it is just to permanently ban him from diablo though....

-J.P.

davidt

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Our bikes hand over the railing all the time, our bikes are worth more than any of us... lol

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
he didn't piss off the lift.... he sat on the railing of the lift while it was going up and one of the lift guys saw him.... supposedly this was a frequent occurence... and they have told him not to.... i don't feel it is just to permanently ban him from diablo though....

-J.P.

its not like hes ban for ever its only this season

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
saying that sean was pissing off the lift is a blatant lie even though i know many racers do it. sean was sitting on the railing of the lift like i and many others have mutiple times. we do sign a waiver, our lives are in our own hands. give the kid a break. Please try and fix your mistake diablo, from what i have heard the way sean was dealt with was unacceptable and very immature.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
saying that sean was pissing off the lift is a blatant lie even though i know many racers do it. sean was sitting on the railing of the lift like i and many others have mutiple times. we do sign a waiver, our lives are in our own hands. give the kid a break. Please try and fix your mistake diablo, from what i have heard the way sean was dealt with was unacceptable and very immature.

yag si trihsknip
what side are you on anyway:busted:

nervous_john

Chimp
May 31, 2004
I would venture that Diablo has every right to ban someone and I would encourage them to do so.

I think most are neglecting where we live. Litigation, not baseball, is the great american passtime. Let's say our buddy Sean falls, almost falls, or gets his penis pinched between the gondola doors peeing. If Diablo didn't take the appropriate steps ie. warning him and banning him they don't have all that much protection from a serious lawsuit.

The sport is an insurance liability just by nature. Stupid or risky behavior makes it less attractive for resorts to operate as well as more costlty to you the consumer. Most of that lift ticket price is to cover the seriously immense cost of insuring the place. I believe it was Big Bear in cali that just shut down after a massive lawsuit was brought against them by the family of an injured rider. The operators just decided it wasn't worth the risk.

I really like having a place to ride my bike thanks. The guy was warned, he chose to not stand on the lift like everyone else. I say bon voyage.

mntbiker2

Monkey
Jun 30, 2007
I would venture that Diablo has every right to ban someone and I would encourage them to do so.

I think most are neglecting where we live. Litigation, not baseball, is the great american passtime. Let's say our buddy Sean falls, almost falls, or gets his penis pinched between the gondola doors peeing. If Diablo didn't take the appropriate steps ie. warning him and banning him they don't have all that much protection from a serious lawsuit.

The sport is an insurance liability just by nature. Stupid or risky behavior makes it less attractive for resorts to operate as well as more costlty to you the consumer. Most of that lift ticket price is to cover the seriously immense cost of insuring the place. I believe it was Big Bear in cali that just shut down after a massive lawsuit was brought against them by the family of an injured rider. The operators just decided it wasn't worth the risk.

I really like having a place to ride my bike thanks. The guy was warned, he chose to not stand on the lift like everyone else. I say bon voyage.
so really what is the point of signing all the wavers....the papers are basically saying that your life is in your own hands and.... i believe it says something about not having any lawsuits against them for any
injuries or that sorta thing?..lol

but anyways whos racing this weekend..??

mntbiker2

Monkey
Jun 30, 2007
haha cool you riding tomorrow because ill be there.....but it looks like its going to rain here (hamburg) so it will keep the dust down!

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
i'd like to see sean ban be revoked and an apology to him for his treatment and then a talk with him and his parents. i may make jokes about sean but i like him and he's a good kid, anyone who takes as much crap as he does and still gets out and rides has earned my respect. diablo how about you take a measure of more than just yelling at the kid to fix a problem. In my 8 years in private school all the yelling did nothing, i kept on starting fights and causing problems. seans parents can do a lot more than you can, banning him was just a sign of your lack of ability to solve a problem. Did you ever try contacting his parents and having them help with what he did, from what i've heard he flipped off a lift attendant and sometimes the lift attendants are smartass's. it probably wasn't uncalled for and then this time sat on the railing on the lift.