Quantcast

what do you drive?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
well, I was just curious what the rest of you monkeys drive.

we seem to be a diverse bunch so this should be cool.

Mine: 1990 GMC S-15 4.3L. Got it for 1500 bucks.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Until a few months ago... 1984 Chevy Blazer S10 2.8V6

Currently... 1997 Honda Civic LX 1.6sohc. Bad thing about having a car like this is that now I want to do stuff with it. :p Currently about to do a mini-me swap to put VTEC on it. (basically replacing cylinder head/valving/cams from the engine on the EX, as well as intake manifold, etc...)

In the next month or so it'll be...
AEM intake
d16y8 head/valves/etc..
d16y8 intake manifold ported for GSR throttle body
d16y8 injectors (240cc compared to like 180 or something like that)
p2p ecu
obx 4-2-1 headers
magnaflow catback (from sound clips I've heard, it's definitely NOT ricer, which is good)
short throw shifter

And to chicodude this is spending the earnings of my winter seasonal job since I've been so content with my bike setups (;) I know you like to bug me about that, lol ) that I haven't had any bike stuff to buy right now. :p

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
beat up 91 nissan maxima for biking car.

and when i graduate and get a job in august.
Nissan 350z
upgrades:twin turbo kit (includes injectors, fuel pump, waste gate, two turbos, dual intakes, and down pipes)
headers
racing clutch
short throw shifter
custom exhaust (make my own and making the 350 true dual exhaust to let the monster breath)
once all that is done tear the engine apart upgrade cam, crank, pistons, rods, valves, heads, and all the usualls.

yeh im planning having this car for a long time lol.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I have a 96-98 chevy silverado z-71 ex cab, short bed w/ a rancho 4" lift and 4" deaver leaves in the back.

I mean, that's what I will have after I get my licsense......ok, ok, i still need a permit...:stosh: :dead: :think: :p

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
2001 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Magnum
-Ext. Cab
-6 Foot Bed
No mods except for a Cd Player and new tires.

Dan

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
COmtbiker12 said:
Until a few months ago... 1984 Chevy Blazer S10 2.8V6

Currently... 1997 Honda Civic LX 1.6sohc. Bad thing about having a car like this is that now I want to do stuff with it. :p Currently about to do a mini-me swap to put VTEC on it. (basically replacing cylinder head/valving/cams from the engine on the EX, as well as intake manifold, etc...)

In the next month or so it'll be...
AEM intake
d16y8 head/valves/etc..
d16y8 intake manifold ported for GSR throttle body
d16y8 injectors (240cc compared to like 180 or something like that)
p2p ecu
obx 4-2-1 headers
magnaflow catback (from sound clips I've heard, it's definitely NOT ricer, which is good)
short throw shifter

And to chicodude this is spending the earnings of my winter seasonal job since I've been so content with my bike setups (;) I know you like to bug me about that, lol ) that I haven't had any bike stuff to buy right now. :p

It's funny, you are going to spend all of this money on your car to make it faster and my truck will still be faster than yours.

:D

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
chicodude said:
It's funny, you are going to spend all of this money on your car to make it faster and my truck will still be faster than yours.
Lol, I'm not building it to be fast to race or anything, just to have some fun with my car and learn the mechanics behind how things work.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's my RatRod
1969 Chevy C10 LWB
4 bolt main 350ci motor pushing 360bhp
Edelbrock Performer intake and carb
MSD Pro Billet ignition
Hooker headers and 2 1/2" exhaust
Muncie M21 4 speed trans with Centerforce clutch
12 bolt posi read with 3.73 gears

Next month I will have the suspension done with a mild drop and upgraded shocks. The interior is nearly done minus the stereo (but that's way to much to list here).

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA

minus the ghey floormats. I couldn't find a better pic. 1964 white 2 door plymouth fury 318ci Polysphere V8 flowmaster exhaust

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Potroast88 said:
Does it smell like french fries when you drive?
At least it's not a lifted 2WD truck... :oink:

and

it's hawt. Good thing I drive it liek, once a week...maybe. Neither of the power windows work. It has a short in the brake light system so I have to pop a fuse out everytime I leave it for more than a few hours. Fuel pump shot. O2 sensor shot. Likes to die at intersections. Faster than a Vespa. Handles like a Lotus. $15k obo.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
This is what it looks like for now. Ive got a front winch bumper/brush guard/skid plate coming next week :) and I also have a 2002 Chevy 2500 Silverado 8.1 which is being sold to build up the rover some more.

This is whats hopefully going into the thing this summer:
2.8L International Powerstroke Diesel
Toyota based Diamond Axles w/ 300M chromoly shafts
ARB Air lockers on 4.56 R&Ps
3gal air compressor system
5" Coils with 14" travel remote resi shocks
Tom woods Driveshafts
35" BFG MTRs on 16" TR beadlocks

:cool: :cool: I'm a coke dealer, well not really.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
curb,

you live in a ****ing nice neighborhood meng, do you do all the work on your rover?

dan

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
umm pot roast why do you have a 7" lift on a freaking 2WD truck. "its like wipping before you poop it just dont make no since."

ohh and jimmydean very nice my friend. deffinatly envious of that beast of a truck.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Curb Hucker said:
This is what it looks like for now. Ive got a front winch bumper/brush guard/skid plate coming next week :) and I also have a 2002 Chevy 2500 Silverado 8.1 which is being sold to build up the rover some more.

This is whats hopefully going into the thing this summer:
2.8L International Powerstroke Diesel
Toyota based Diamond Axles w/ 300M chromoly shafts
ARB Air lockers on 4.56 R&Ps
3gal air compressor system
5" Coils with 14" travel remote resi shocks
Tom woods Driveshafts
35" BFG MTRs on 16" TR beadlocks

:cool: :cool: I'm a coke dealer, well not really.
I love the Discovery! I would love to build one out, but I have too many projects as it is.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
frznnomad said:
umm pot roast why do you have a 7" lift on a freaking 2WD truck. "its like wipping before you poop it just dont make no since."

ohh and jimmydean very nice my friend. deffinatly envious of that beast of a truck.
Have you ever heard of a pre-runner? Every desert racing team uses one to pre-run the race course and they are 2wd.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
rockymt21 said:
curb,

you live in a ****ing nice neighborhood meng, do you do all the work on your rover?

dan
Haha, yes I do live in a nice neighborhood, because my dad bought this house :oink:

To this day I have done all of my own work on the rover. I'll be installing all of the parts listed above too with the exception of the Diesel conversion, and the axle swap. I'll be installing the diffs and shafts and stuff into the axle housings and just throw the complete axle assembalies plus new wheels and tires into the back of the truck and send it off to a fab shop, which im still picking out, to get that stuff done. Normally I'd think it would be a ton of fun to do a full axle swap and an engine conversion, but this summer I'll be way too busy racing and trying to run a business to do that work myself. Keep in mind its the business that will pay for these $25K in upgrades, so keeping that running is taking priorities over doing my own wrenching.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Curb Hucker said:
Keep in mind its the business that will pay for these $25K in upgrades, so keeping that running is taking priorities over doing my own wrenching.
I hear that. At least with my new job, I take the train to work. So now I can tear down the suspension and relocate the gas tank under the bed without worrying about having to drive it to work on Monday :D

You should have seen the scramble to get the old motor out, take the new motor out of the donor, get the flywheel surfaced, clutch installed, everything dialed and running and back in to drive on Monday.

I had to notch the frame to clear the headers, re-wire the alternator and install the power steering box, all pulled from a '75. It was close.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
1995 Subaru Impreza Outback SE

Dent in the drivers side from when I bought it. 120k miles on it. Paid 3300, has new tires and no working sound.

It could probably be considered a POS, but whatever, I like it.

The Ito

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
I do not even know how to drive, I quess i don't like cars to much (they make me sick,plus they are so big and wasteful) so i never got around to learn...

sometimes I think will be useful if I ever get on a motorcycle accident and I need to transport my bike home on a rental truck or something...

ever the years i did work in some very interesting car projects, from some super dupper evil Level 5 bulletproof cars (well trucks ),rally and track race cars to my lattest the soon to be famous octamog truck that will run on straight recycle vestible oil hopefully collected from "restaurants" (Mc Donalds, KFC,,,whatever crapolla) all over the world making it very autonomus, if Vegi oil can not be found it can also run on normal diesel fuel.
just for fun here are some of the Pictures

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
COmtbiker12 said:
Lol, I'm not building it to be fast to race or anything, just to have some fun with my car and learn the mechanics behind how things work.

That's good. I didn't mean to sound like a pompous dickhead (Which I did)

But tony, for the good of man kind, DONT PUT A FARTCAN ON IT.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
Traded the GTI VR6 for a Toyota Sequoia and recently picked up an old Honda Nighthawk soon to be replaced by a new Triumph ST or Ducati 999 (i know they are quite different but i havent test ridden them yet).

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Curb Hucker said:
Yes, but real pre-runners have a low center of gravity and no blingy wheels and door handles :blah:
For the little bit of off-roading that I do, I don't need 4wd. The money that I saved by buying a 2wd allowed me to put the lift, wheels, and tires on it. Almost every company that builds quality suspension lifts are making 2wd kits. And my wheels aren't that "bling" and the door handles sure make it easy to get into.

J

JRB

02 Xterra

There is a guy that restores 60 and 70 Chevrolets right where I turn for my new job. I will get some pics next week. He has some nice stuff.