Quantcast

what do you drive?

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
2002 Honda Civic SI. I got for under $16k brand new. It's got 160hp and gets 30mpg on the highway, not a bad deal if you ask me.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
either one of these...

this one is we re goin snowboarding @ 120mph down the autobahn... 2004 xc70... 49K 2.5 turbo... goes like a shower of shiat...

and this one if i m doin 60mph towards the shuttle trail...

sweet chariot jimmy dean... very nice... :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Curb Hucker said:
this summer I'll be way too busy racing and trying to run a business to do that work myself. Keep in mind its the business that will pay for these $25K in upgrades, so keeping that running is taking priorities over doing my own wrenching.
maybe you should use that money to move out of yr dad's basement and get a place of yr own.

:monkey:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
I Are Baboon said:
'04 Subaru Outback wagon. I've already got 60,000 miles on the damn thing.
yeah, tell me about it... mine is an 04 as well... just about to run out of warranty :(...

if we ever end up in japan i ll get a forrestor STI... subarus are great...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
1996 Toyota 4Runner
3" suspension lift, 2" body lift
33" MTs
Front/rocker armor

The real are yet to come... Total Chaos long travel front suspension with an ARB, 05 Tacoma rear axle (with e-locker), 4.88s all around.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I drive a 1997 Honda Accord Special edition. Awesome car, I loved my Honda. For Christmas, I got a really nice bike rack for the trunk, so load and go is quick and easy.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Either a '96 Dodge Stratus (5-speed) or a '04 Chevy Equinox (I've since added roof racks for the XC Bikes and a hitch mounted Sportworks for the DH bikes) and the hubby has a '96 Dodge RAM pick-up.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
narlus said:
are those a pain in the arse living in the city?
no not really... My cj is a project i keep it out all summer, and take it out whenever it snows . during the summer i travel with it a lot .. especially to Camp Jeep !!! I havent been 4wheelin in a few years with it though.
The Grand cherokee is my day to day car.. which i usually never drive..I usally commute every day by bike... so i only use it 2-3 times a week.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Man i think a cj in the summer might be the ultimate city car...you can put it anywhere, you arent going to care much if someone bumps into you...top off (as long as its a good part of town)...I am moving into the city and hope to own one someday...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hooples3 said:
no not really... My cj is a project i keep it out all summer, and take it out whenever it snows . during the summer i travel with it a lot .. especially to Camp Jeep !!! I havent been 4wheelin in a few years with it though.
The Grand cherokee is my day to day car.. which i usually never drive..I usally commute every day by bike... so i only use it 2-3 times a week.
i was just wondering about general garaging/parking...unless you have a driveway or pay for a garage spot.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Now I don't want anyone to get jealous, but;

Not mine specifically, just as close as I could find in GIS

Paid for this month, Oh yeah! :cool:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
narlus said:
i was just wondering about general garaging/parking...unless you have a driveway or pay for a garage spot.
I live in brooklyn, i usually park right in front of my house. the most 1 block away

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hooples3 said:
I live in brooklyn, i usually park right in front of my house. the most 1 block away
on-street parking where i used to live in boston (almost 10 years ago now) was semi-tough and it's a nightmare now. sounds like you don't have it as bad, which is cool. searching ~15-30 min to park gets old really fast.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
narlus said:
on-street parking where i used to live in boston (almost 10 years ago now) was semi-tough and it's a nightmare now. sounds like you don't have it as bad, which is cool. searching ~15-30 min to park gets old really fast.
I hear ya.. when i was in my apartment it was bad , esp on a friday or sat night... keep in mind once my car is parked it stays there for the week pretty much so i never had to worry about it , except for the damn alternate side parking.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
skyst3alth said:

Only complaint is that it isn't 4wd. Bought it new, I've had it just over a year and a half and i'm at nearly 40k, yikes.

-Adam
I've got the same thing, color and all. They were practially giving them away in late 03 making room for the new 3's. Mine rolled 60k on monday and I picked it up in july of 03.

Mine is a bit of a turd in the snow and stock tire size is a bit tough to find, but I still dig it.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
narlus said:
yeah screw that, i was going to move to an area of pittsburgh like that, but that alone was my deciding factor :dead:...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
it wasn't bad when i worked in cambridge, and like hooples i just left my car sit for M-F, but when my job moved out the city, it was more of a headache. that said, we did have one spot behind the condo, and my wife walked to work so her car was usually in the street.

i do miss being to able to walk around to get places though.